How long is being single "too long"?

I don't think there is a time limit on how long is too long to be single. With life, its so unpredictable, and each day is new beginning of something. I suppose, my out look on life is a bit different. I live each day rather than planning or having a blueprint. So, far my life has been good :)

Honestly... I wouldn't mind being single for the rest of my life.

I came across this quote recently and it struck a chord with me:

"If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married." - K. Hepburn

I do not seek the admiration of men but I also do not yearn the criticism of one :)
I don't mind being single for, what, 5 years? Single life is fun and full of freedom, right?

for me how long for a person to be able to stay single is up to the individual themselves. I know of few that has been single all of their lives and just loving every minute of not being attached however I do know of people that have been married then divorced and their reaction to being single is really unique. So I would say how long is too long really there is not an universal answer for everybody.

I reluctantly trust with new guy since I become widow in Nov 2, 2006. It took me three years to anti-socialize into the Deaf Community. I need to stop feel sorry for myself to move on with my life. I realize, I could not replace from someone else with Andrew. Sometime, I am afraid to burden with their debts or involve with other their ex wives or children other side. I did not want to part his side of ex family. Some of guy didn’t want to involve with me to deal with my depression. I assume, I am too picky on the guy since I become widow.

Nowadays, I hardly become to trust with new guy. Will he be good for me and my life? Will we be last long relationship? My guts tells me that I will never marry again, may live together forever until we die.

Lick my finger up in the air, where I will be going to next the step.

it is too long when you have to call 911 cause you are just had a near death experience from finally getting some.

:lol:

I've been single for 6 years. I've dated some here and there and it does get lonesome, but I've finally decided, if I should have to change for someone to decide they like me, then that person is not for me.

My parents always tell me : If I would dress more like a woman, I would get more guys. Yeah tried that route already and look what happened - little more than a pussy and I got used.

When I met a woman, the relationship wasn't perfect but it was probably the most respectful relationship I've had. No one was degrading the other, it was good.

I really wish I could find that in a man so that at least my parents would be happy for me.

Now as far as marriage goes, I've been bitten once and now I'm twice as shy for it, too scared to try again. And that's sad in a way.

I used to be just find being single. I never needed to be around anyone. I lived by myself and had fun doing things by myself. Then I was in a relationship that lasted 8 years. I have been single almost 10 months now. I think now I am the opposite and miss being around someone. I think also age has a lot to do with it. I am 35 and want kids so I don't want to wait too long but also I want to find the right one and not waste time either just to end up single again.

:lol:

I've been single for 6 years. I've dated some here and there and it does get lonesome, but I've finally decided, if I should have to change for someone to decide they like me, then that person is not for me.

My parents always tell me : If I would dress more like a woman, I would get more guys. Yeah tried that route already and look what happened - little more than a pussy and I got used.

When I met a woman, the relationship wasn't perfect but it was probably the most respectful relationship I've had. No one was degrading the other, it was good.

I really wish I could find that in a man so that at least my parents would be happy for me.

Now as far as marriage goes, I've been bitten once and now I'm twice as shy for it, too scared to try again. And that's sad in a way.

Just be yourself. A lot of people think I am a flamboyant homosexual based on the way I dress and talk. Doesn't bother me. Able to get girls here anyway-- albeit probably not as much if I was to dress more masculine.

Their problems, not mine.

Just be yourself. A lot of people think I am a flamboyant homosexual based on the way I dress and talk. Doesn't bother me. Able to get girls here anyway-- albeit probably not as much if I was to dress more masculine.

Their problems, not mine.

Yeah, but Dixie is in Arkansas and you're in BC.

Biiiiggggggggg difference as far as tolerance and open-mindedness goes.

Back