How Long Do Your HA Batteries Last?

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Hey All,
just curious about how long everyone's HA batteries last?
I currently have Naidas SPs with size 13, and they are lasting less than a week :(, so my audie is getting me in UPs with size 675 so that the battery will hopefully last a little longer. I feel like im CONSTANTLY changing the battery.
Thanks,
*EQL*

Could be the batteries you use...I use CI batteries and they last a bit longer...but the more u wear and more programs u have etc more the batt gets used I wear mine for bout maybe 15 hrs max sometimes and my batts last a week to 2 weeks sometimess. Try PowerOne batteries :)

I use size 13s for Savias, they tend to last pretty long. I'd say any where between 12-14 days, depending on where I bought them from. A woman I know gets the free batteries from the aud and wonders why they only last about 2 days.. she gets them because they're the old ones once a new set come in. Certain stores around here do better than others.

Like the folks above said, it depends. Battery life is determined by age (they expire), type, brand, size, amount of usage, and whether or not you remember to open the battery "hatch" at night. That can greatly extend the life of your battery. My newest ones last about a week. Love them. The batteries seem to last longer when I drop the entire ha, battery and all into my dryer at night. I dont know if this can be verified, but IMHO, it helps.

I have Unitron analouge (to the max!) HA using Powerone Cochlear battery lasted about 3-4 weeks (i only use my HA 6-7 hrs per school days)

Hi Lisa,

I am curious, you have integrated receivers on your Niadas - do you push them all the way in all the time or only when you are using your FM? You know how you can click them on, and then your press harder and they click in a bit more and then you can use your FM? Well, if you don't click them in all the way unless you are using your FM you batteries will last way longer. If you have them clicked in all the way the batteries are powering your hearing aid and your receiver all the time and that will kill the battery.

My HA last 1-2 weeks. I use PowerOne batteries sometimes or Rayovac high powered hearing aid batteries. Both brands last 1-2 weeks.

about 2 weeks, and I wear Phonak's Supero 413 AZ. Rayovac 675, that's the battery I usually use, or a cheap brand (Walgreen's brand). But yeah, about 2 weeks.

I wear size 13 and use duracell brand and they last about a week and two days on average... what is frustrating is that one will wear out a day or two before the other...

Hi Lisa,

I am curious, you have integrated receivers on your Niadas - do you push them all the way in all the time or only when you are using your FM? You know how you can click them on, and then your press harder and they click in a bit more and then you can use your FM? Well, if you don't click them in all the way unless you are using your FM you batteries will last way longer. If you have them clicked in all the way the batteries are powering your hearing aid and your receiver all the time and that will kill the battery.

Mine don't seem to do that.. theres only 1 click. Maybe thats a UP only thing? I'll have to ask on thursday at my Audie appnt. There is going to be a Phonak Rep there! Good to note tho, that would certainly explain why my batteries are dying so fast :S

Thanks Jenny!

Hey All,
just curious about how long everyone's HA batteries last?
I currently have Naidas SPs with size 13, and they are lasting less than a week :(, so my audie is getting me in UPs with size 675 so that the battery will hopefully last a little longer. I feel like im CONSTANTLY changing the battery.
Thanks,
*EQL*

my implant processor take three 675 batteries and it only last about 2 days (or less)

I use PowerOne or Rayovac 675 batteries in my HAs. They usually last about two weeks, but when I'm using my fm system or DAI often they need changing more often.

Hi Lisa,

Got my UPs today.. Now i understand what you were saying about the double-clicking receivers! the SPs definitely don't have that! I will try them with the door fully closed for this batter change, and then with it only closed for the next battery change and see how much of a difference it makes!

*EQL*

my partner has 1 widex bravo c2 cic and his icell battery lasts him 8 hours is
this normal for cic?

8 hours only!? GOD NO! Batteries should be lasting a lot longer...like anywhere from usually 8-14 days only thing that should drain a battery like that is if its rechargeable or a CI and at that I don't even think a CI drains a battery in 8 hrs but i could be wrong

my CI rechargable last 8 hours. I think either I need a new mapping or a new rechargable battery (I think it is over 3 years old)

Back