How is that dude able to talk/communicate so well and flawlessly?

act now to grow up without saying the bad words. that way you will be success in your life. whatislife

Nobody is whining or crying, I'm just baffled at this kid. I'll put down in responses to the "options".

Expensive, expensive, expensive. I don't know sign so I think it would be pointless to go there.

I'm not very good with "deaf communities". I was able to connect with this lady who is losing her hearing though, she's a great woman. That was back in summer I think.

Yeah man I'm on it, almost done graduating! My social life is fine I think, it's just a bit clumsy. I had a good social life last year though I think now it's shit again oh well it's all good tho. I actually smoked one yesterday but it was shit quality, didn't really get high with a good frie

I don't have romantic life bro, it is difficult to find one though in my city, where I live, especially with my condition.
You do realize that it's very common for new signers to show up at Gally knowing not a word of sign right? As a matter of fact the number of HOH (either functionally or audilogically) and mainstreamed students is HUGE! A friend told me that they make up half the student body at Gally. You could get financial aid somehow. And the thing is you keep complainign about your lack of social life. You're mixing up getting high with a real social life. If you knew what a real social life was, you wouldn't consider getting high a social life. And again if you got involved with dhh people and the deaf community you could meet friends and maybe even that special girl....Trust me, you can go SO much further socially with dhh people, then with hearing people (where you're always on the edges or saying "what?"

If you search this video on youtube, you can find it in captions. It is explained. He lost his vision and hearing by the time he was 10. It appears he was implanted not long after that. By that time he had developed language, so it wasn't hard for him to keep up. His hearing history and language is different than those who were born or lost hearing at a young age and implanted much later.
Yup, that is why he has excellent speech. Most dhh as kids people don't have that advantage.

Response to Foxrac's suggestion of going to NTID or Gallaudet-
Expensive, expensive, expensive. I don't know sign so I think it would be pointless to go there.
That's a lousy excuse. I didn't know sign when I enrolled at Gallaudet as a freshman. I graduated and did one year of grad school there. I know many people who came to Gallaudet not knowing sign- all ages from 17/18 to late 40s and up. Some did very very well... others left for one reason or another- including finding that they didn't like or felt they didn't do well in that environment. You won't know until you try. I've had quite a few Canadian friends there- their tuition in general was paid by Canada's version of the US's Vocational Rehabilitation system.

So does that mean you can't have a positive attitude until you reach your goal ?? The young man in the video is blind and deaf and he play football and is going to college and he is younger than you . And he is a has great sense of humor which women love , he not making excuses to why he can't get ahead in life . He is enjoying his life to the fullness and a positive attitude .

There you go comparing. Whatislife needs to work on himself first.. it isn't always easy to have a "positive attitude" when you feel like s$#&@ about yourself. It's easy for you to sit there and say "Why can't you do this or that just like this young man?!!!" It's not that simple. Whatislife DOES need to do something in working on his issues as well as changing his negative thoughts/attitude to a better outlook...seems he does have some but to me he does need assistance (Therapy or counseling) in implementing it.

Actually whatislife, you sound exactly like the HOH mainstreamed to the max guys who used to IM me desperate for a girlfriend. You are so afraid of being rejected by the Deaf community that you have it stuck in your head that they are going to reject you, just like the hearing world rejected you. Put your defenses down and take the plunge. I can almost guarentee if you do, you will be amazed and mindblown at the difference, and you probaly WILL find a girlfriend. I get it. It seems like a lot of people are superfical and don't give a rats ass about dhh or otherwise different disabled people. Lots of kids with disabilties struggle big time socially. But the answer is to get to know other dhh people.

The OP seriously needs to work on himself before he even think of trying to have a g/f . He need to learn to treat women with respect and realize people get turned off with all his swearing .

Back