How God annoints a person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwstones

Reaction score
I want to hear from you for feedback HOW GOD ANNOINTS A PERSON?

Huh??

Mods - why my post of pic of torrie wilson was deleted??

Probably because it was totally :topic: to this thread.

nope i m saying would god anoint torrie wilson?? what is requirement for in oredr to be anointed ?

nope i m saying would god anoint torrie wilson?? what is requirement for in oredr to be anointed ?
I guess you can ask about her without using the picture. I don't know who she is, so I can't say anything about her. :dunno:

Here is some general information:

This is the dictionary definition of the verb anoint:

1. To apply oil, ointment, or a similar substance to.
2. To put oil on during a religious ceremony as a sign of sanctification or consecration.
3. To choose by or as if by divine intervention.

Some examples:

In OT times, Israel's kings were anointed with oil. It was ceremonial way to show that they were chosen by God to be king.

People were also anointed with oil for cleansing and healing.

For Christians of the church age, oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit, and Christians are also "anointed" by the Holy Spirit's presence.

Matthew 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jesus%20Baptism-06.jpg

Exodus 29:7 Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour [it] upon his head, and anoint him.

Micah 6:15 Thou shalt sow, but thou shalt not reap; thou shalt tread the olives, but thou shalt not anoint thee with oil; and sweet wine, but shalt not drink wine.

Luke 7:46-50

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Exodus 35:28 And spice, and oil for the light, and for the anointing oil, and for the sweet incense. :angel:

I guess you can ask about her without using the picture. I don't know who she is, so I can't say anything about her. :dunno:

Here is some general information:

This is the dictionary definition of the verb anoint:

1. To apply oil, ointment, or a similar substance to.
2. To put oil on during a religious ceremony as a sign of sanctification or consecration.
3. To choose by or as if by divine intervention.

Some examples:

In OT times, Israel's kings were anointed with oil. It was ceremonial way to show that they were chosen by God to be king.

People were also anointed with oil for cleansing and healing.

For Christians of the church age, oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit, and Christians are also "anointed" by the Holy Spirit's presence.

That s better explanation than other poster who post nothing but verse. :cool:

That s better explanation than other poster who post nothing but verse. :cool:
I just posted the meanings. The verses show the application. They go together.

I'm just happy to help if I can. :)

I have been baptized by Holy Spirit in my own bedroom one night. What a wonderful experience. Wish it is like that everyday.

You might want to check with the elders in your congregation to be anointed by God. That would be your first start to get answers to your questions. They will pray with you and anoint the holy oil upon. Hope that helps you.

Eaglecherokee I like that pic you have of Jesus

The Holy Spirit is the reality of the oil in the old testament
The Holy Spirit is the reality of Jesus
Jesus has passed through the process of human living
He passed through all things relating to humans except sin
He was crucified, died, buried and was resurrected on the third day
He ascended to the heavens presented Himself to the father
He was glorified in resurrection. He is now the Spirit
When we believe in Jesus we receive the Spirit
The Spirit is the anointing and He abides in us
The anointing does not leave us He abide with us forever
The anointing is Jesus, wonderful!!
To experience the anointing
You must call oh Lord Jesus!! and immediately you are in the Holy Spirit
You have to prayerfully read the word; Jesus is the living word
The more you pray read the words in the Bible calling Lord Jesus
The more you will have the anointing
You can experience the anoiting anytime anywhere
The annointing is not something funny
The annointing is a living person
The annointing is Jesus Christ

Well said. The moment you recieve Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, immediately you are baptized by the Holy Spirit. Anointing using in many ways. Anointing is part so call God called you. What is your position God calling you? All are being called to share the Gospel, but each of us has different gift(s) of God's calling.

Well said. The moment you recieve Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, immediately you are baptized by the Holy Spirit. Anointing using in many ways. Anointing is part so call God called you. What is your position God calling you? All are being called to share the Gospel, but each of us has different gift(s) of God's calling.

So all christians are the anointed ones to carry out God's mysterious plan and spread the good news to the world?

So all christians are the anointed ones to carry out God's mysterious plan and spread the good news to the world?

God's mystery to the world, but not to christians. And yes, God called all christians to carry out, whereever you are. Not by casting stones, but carry out God's love, not meaning by compromising the world's view. But what Christ has done for us. Similar, what a person shared with me then I share with others. I grew up church, but lack of understanding of salvation, why? No interpreter, then later interpreter invite me to church that has deaf ministry, that's where it hit me, bec i never ask Christ in my life, even i read the Bible by growing up, but never understood it, till I gave my life to Christ, it began to enlighten me and still learning and growing. Still learning the way of life I'm facing everyday. It's not the same I see in the past as I am now. I begin to see what God is telling me. No, not audibly, just a still, small voice by the Spirit thru God's Word. God doesn't turn His back on anyone, but the problem is, people turn their backs on God and refuse His offer, but yet, never to late. Like me, I don't worry about what "they" did, I have to look at me, it does not mean God ignore their errors, He will take care of them just as He is to me. Personal is a start.

Awesome!

I LOVE that picture of Jesus with the Holy Ghost upon him. That is when he was being baptized.

I do not need to answer since others already answered to your question. However, here is more testimony of mine!!!!!

I knew God was working on me since 1984. You see, you will need to read my book to get the whole story. Too long and I do not have all day to write it. I will try to speed up on my book to get it published!!! Often people asked me about my life. It is enough to write and have a movie about my life. You all read my testimonies and my experiences in dating. Yes, it goes hand to hand.

But I can say that I was born again on March 28, 1988! I felt satan left and the Holy Ghost entered me.

Woooohoo! Praise God! I wish there is a dancing icon in here! Hee hee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back