how does one find job for deaf

I can guarantee that the "free training" will cost you.

thanks for the info

yeah sure there are some out there that think some like us are retarded or not but it shouldnt mean that we are that. anyway thanks for all that on this post just ask about how to get a job and not work in a fast food place but i like to type and be willing to learn new skills. so when i get a vehicle back and go out there where is the first place to start. what might i need to have. chat later k dont be mean just be nice and leave out the retard stuff at home guys. hmm well later.

Job

Hi my name is Katie.

I can't seem to find a job for me to get. I have never had a job before now and don't have any job experience. out of high school in 2003 and have no clue where to go to college. how does any one do it? to land a job in the hearing world. i don't know any deaf people my age not since grade school.

If your fluent in ASL, California needs tutors. I've been trying for quite sometime and have no luck. They charge $30 per hour on average. It will depend how well you can teach someone.:angel:

Careful with this one. Approach with caution!!!

Edit: this is for katz4life.

I must've missed this post. What do you mean by that? I'm already in a process to get a job by thru assistance from my job coach, VR paid her to do her job. That includes training...i did not have to pay a cent.

I must've missed this post. What do you mean by that? I'm already in a process to get a job by thru assistance from my job coach, VR paid her to do her job. That includes training...i did not have to pay a cent.

Oh, I didn't realize that VR was paying for the service. Ou can disregard my post. This sounds like something you should take advantage of! I hope this works well for you! :)

If anyone wants to use retarded to refer to me and it takes me down, then I'm not very smart. If I don't let it take me down, then I'm smart. That same lesson should apply to you.

As for a job, don't be afraid to network with people that you know. It may be a notetaker for one of your college class. It may be your mechanic who fixes your car. You never know who may have leads.

Back