how does one find job for deaf

whitewolf22

Reaction score
Hi my name is Katie.

I can't seem to find a job for me to get. I have never had a job before now and don't have any job experience. out of high school in 2003 and have no clue where to go to college. how does any one do it? to land a job in the hearing world. i don't know any deaf people my age not since grade school.

You're in CA? You could try contacting DCARA, they might be able to help point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
You have ur high school dilploma...but have you ever had any training for any job you would want to pursue? Being jobless, no experience for 8 years? That's a long time to just sit around...and now it's 2011...and the unemployment everywhere is rampant....

Pssst! here is the secret, please don't share with anyone at all. The best place to start looking for job, you won't believe this is any restaurant, fast food joints.
Want know why?
Simple, first they hire alot easier than any job out there. Secondly, you have no record of working experience and in order to get good job, have to start somewhere in the bottom, known as McDonalds.
Secondly, from what I learn that many companies look for bright, smart people that can think outside of the box, and they want them. They do not want hire those who sit on couch eating popcorn and watching TV for most of their time. Or even worse being here on the Net too much time.

You're in CA? You could try contacting DCARA, they might be able to help point you in the right direction.

mailto:info@dcara.org
not allow on email reason security on alldeaf

permission ask DCARA

Rosamond, CA is middle of nowhere. Find your way to live in a big city, and start from there.

Rosamond do have a Mcdonalds. Maybe you could try starting from there? Lancaster with a population of over 160,000 is only 14 miles away and they got more jobs, so might commute there if you have a car.

Ok, well I see now that you are more Southern/Central? CA? DCARA probably can't help you, but I'm sure there is an agency closer to where you live that would be able to provide you with some guidance.

Yes , this is very common as I have deaf family your age. It is terrible the discrimination that still goes on in the year 2011. Good news, there is a company completely devoted to the Deaf. A true Deaf team with interpreted trainings and incredible support. Deaf motivational speakers like Calvin Britt fully endorse this business. Thru worldwide breaththrough communication, the mission is to "give the deaf a voice" PM me please and my wife can assist you immediately via VP or email. In fact if you are motivated I will personally get you started at no cost and free training. Positivity and communication is the key. Start working in 25 minutes. As my family has learned VR cannot be trusted and the government doesn't care. Look on face book for testimonies from Calvin Briit, Jim Beach, and Jessica Irene Friedman. Don't delay

Yes , this is very common as I have deaf family your age. It is terrible the discrimination that still goes on in the year 2011. Good news, there is a company completely devoted to the Deaf. A true Deaf team with interpreted trainings and incredible support. Deaf motivational speakers like Calvin Britt fully endorse this business. Thru worldwide breaththrough communication, the mission is to "give the deaf a voice" PM me please and my wife can assist you immediately via VP or email. In fact if you are motivated I will personally get you started at no cost and free training. Positivity and communication is the key. Start working in 25 minutes. As my family has learned VR cannot be trusted and the government doesn't care. Look on face book for testimonies from Calvin Briit, Jim Beach, and Jessica Irene Friedman. Don't delay

Why does this post strike me as incredibly odd? :hmm:

Why does this post strike me as incredibly odd? :hmm:

Probably cause of bolded statement.

Hi my name is Katie.

I can't seem to find a job for me to get. I have never had a job before now and don't have any job experience. out of high school in 2003 and have no clue where to go to college. how does any one do it? to land a job in the hearing world. i don't know any deaf people my age not since grade school.

Whitewolf, that's the evil secret that pro mainstreamers don't want to tell you. Unless you're on a Harvard high acheiving level, it is VERY difficult to find a job in the hearing world. When you cold call for a job, retarded middle managers assume you're not exactly bright b/c of the way we speak (our deaf accent) and throw our app into the trashbin.
Can you apply to NTID? That might help you get some job experiance and into the deaf networking field.

Whitewolf, that's the evil secret that pro mainstreamers don't want to tell you. Unless you're on a Harvard high acheiving level, it is VERY difficult to find a job in the hearing world. When you cold call for a job, retarded middle managers assume you're not exactly bright b/c of the way we speak (our deaf accent) and throw our app into the trashbin.
Can you apply to NTID? That might help you get some job experiance and into the deaf networking field.

Why would you choose to use that word as an insult, when there are plenty of other words to choose from?

Edit to Add: I realize you didn't have any negative intent by that comment... I just ask that next time take a minute to consider how that can and would be perceived by others.

Last edited:
This poster needs to contact the BVR agency closest to her. Set up an appointment online. They will come to the poster to do an initial assessment and open her case. Ask for a counselor from their deaf services dept., and a case manager from that dept. as well. This is a perfect case for BVR services.

Why would you choose to use that word as an insult, when there are plenty of other words to choose from?

Why would you choose to pick out that one word to take the thread off topic?:dunno2:

after lots of people call us lots of names because we are simply deaf/hoh. :lol: how ironic!

No doubt! If I had a nickle for everytime someone called my son "retarded" just because they knew virtually nothing about his deafness, I could have retired 10 years ago. If I had a nickle for every teacher in the mainstream I have encountered that actually believes that deafness causes cognitive deficits (e.g. retardation) I could have retired 20 years ago!:P

Back