How do you know?

So what...take your money to who wants your money....
Its so simple,,,
Im surprised few seem to get it..

We DO get it. What you seem to dont get is the fact it will become a witch hunt and innocent people will get hurt. Maybe im using small potatoes...

Money isnt everything. Not everyone can close their wallet and say too bad.

Im talking about stuff that has monopoly in their area/niche.

Maybe the only electric company owner decides not want serve the specific population.....

Water company.....

Garbage company......

And its a FACT that 1 out of 5 people in US is going hungry how many more because more stores are inacessible.

Now what next? A religion that is against disabled people....its their religious freedom atfer all our money is good elsewhere.

We DO get it. What you seem to dont get is the fact it will become a witch hunt and innocent people will get hurt. Maybe im using small potatoes...

Maybe the only electric company owner decides not want serve the specific population.....

Water company.....

Garbage company......

And its a FACT that 1 out of 5 people in US is going hungry how many more because more stores are inacessible.

Now what next? A religion that is against disabled people....its their religious freedom atfer all our money is good elsewhere.
Utilities and public service entities come under regulations different from private businesses.

Utilities and public service entities come under regulations different from private businesses.

Really?

Was under the impression privately owned utility co had clout in this... in this. Governments are shedding their own public funded service and letting private companies take over to save money.

Its giving basically any private owned companies more power over people.

All scenarios are not the same. Here's a quiz. Which of these actions by the baker is possibly illegal?

1. A homosexual couple enters a bakery and orders a birthday cake for a straight friend. The baker refuses.

2. A straight couple enters a bakery and orders a wedding cake for their homosexual child and partner. The baker refuses.

3. A homosexual couple enters a bakery and orders a wedding cake for their own wedding. The baker refuses.

4. A straight couple enters a bakery and orders a birthday cake for their homosexual child. The baker refuses.

Really?

Was under the impression privately owned utility co had clout in this... in this. Governments are shedding their own public funded service and letting private companies take over to save money.

Its giving basically any private owned companies more power over people.
Even if the company is privately owned, it has to meet certain government requirements in order to be allowed to do business in that public service district.

Even if the company is privately owned, it has to meet certain government requirements in order to be allowed to do business in that public service district.

Ok gotcha, what about food stores, gas stations

All scenarios are not the same. Here's a quiz. Which of these actions by the baker is possibly illegal?

1. A homosexual couple enters a bakery and orders a birthday cake for a straight friend. The baker refuses.

2. A straight couple enters a bakery and orders a wedding cake for their homosexual child and partner. The baker refuses.

3. A homosexual couple enters a bakery and orders a wedding cake for their own wedding. The baker refuses.

4. A straight couple enters a bakery and orders a birthday cake for their homosexual child. The baker refuses.

None of above if baker simply can't make the design due to their talent ability?

Ok gotcha, what about food stores, gas stations
Usually private business rules for them. The only exception I can think of off hand is in places where the interstate comfort/convenience stops are licensed by the states and include the gas stations and food services. They might be under more requirements.

In SC, the public rest stops include only bathrooms and vending machines. In the Northeast, like CT, they are gas station/bathroom/restaurant combos. In order to get those contracts the businesses probably have to agree to more requirements. Not sure.

None of above if baker simply can't make the design due to their talent ability?
In all the scenarios he has the talent, skills, materials, etc. He could bake the cakes but he refuses to provide the service. Is that illegal discrimination in any of the scenarios?

In all the scenarios he has the talent, skills, materials, etc. He could bake the cakes but he refuses to provide the service. Is that illegal discrimination in any of the scenarios?

Got me to thinking... 1 illegal 2 legal 3 legal 4 illegal/legal depend on cake theme

Well, a sign like this
leLA4YT.jpg
will be removed when one day in the near future Congress will pass a law to prohibit this sign. In other words, a small business like a local store will be required to serve anyone.

Well, a sign like this
leLA4YT.jpg
will be removed when one day in the near future Congress will pass a law to prohibit this sign. In other words, a small business like a local store will be required to serve anyone.
Just removing the sign won't make a difference.

Well, a sign like this
leLA4YT.jpg

That's so sad that people resorted to using those signs.

A person like me do not follow word for word scrolling all newsfeed all I am seeing is Supreme Court is deciding it is unconstitutional for this and that then other courts disagree and individual states coming up with laws that's opposite of what their own state Supreme Court decided on or overturned changing legality back and forth. Makes me dizzy.

What happened to the good old fashioned No shirt, No Shoes, No Service signs...

That's so sad that people resorted to using those signs.

A person like me do not follow word for word scrolling all newsfeed all I am seeing is Supreme Court is deciding it is unconstitutional for this and that then other courts disagree and individual states coming up with laws that's opposite of what their own state Supreme Court decided on or overturned changing legality back and forth. Makes me dizzy.

What happened to the good old fashioned No shirt, No Shoes, No Service signs...
Yeah, those signs are still posted almost everywhere at the front doors of the stores. The sign I uploaded is mostly inside the stores. It's truly sad that many businesses still have rights to refuse to anyone. I mean why do they have the business in the first place? To make money.

"You want to order a gay wedding cake? Look at my sign up there and get out of my store!" That's sicko.

I'm more concerned with refusing to give me service because Im deaf foremost as its most obvious thing that separate me from the herd regarding those signs

Water company.....

Garbage company......

Your making no sense. Why would allowing people to do what they want with their own bussiness result in a witch hunt.im not talking about rhe goveenment. this is about peoples private property and by extension.their thoughts.
Frankly...as a non christian ifs very worrying the witch hunts which are happining against christians..look at memories pizza. If thaTs Not a which hunt, i dont know what is. all for what? Not refusing service, not even discrimination..for simply answering a hypothetical question. in other words for thoughts...
Those who supprt gay rights should.stand back and honestly look at the actions and.behaviour oF those who in their name are doing To others...

Your making no sense. Why would allowing people to do what they want with their own bussiness result in a witch hunt.im not talking about rhe goveenment. this is about peoples private property and by extension.their thoughts.
Frankly...as a non christian ifs very worrying the witch hunts which are happining against christians..look at memories pizza. If thaTs Not a which hunt, i dont know what is. all for what? Not refusing service, not even discrimination..for simply answering a hypothetical question. in other words for thoughts...
Those who supprt gay rights should.stand back and honestly look at the actions and.behaviour oF those who in their name are doing To others...

As reba already pointed out the example I was using has more regulations

The other examples like gas stations and food stores. People do not have the ability to simply go to a different one under many circumstances. Life happens!

My first point is how will business know if youre gay or not? They will start blocking innocent people from getting what they need. Hence witchhunt.

Yes business have entilements but they also have staked their territory in that place as another business would have taken that spot. Its a dog eat dog world but you need to understand it is going to be abused

Ive had enough discrimination being deaf, the last thing I need is discrimination being gay when I am not anytime I am with same gender.

Enough is enough. It is not fair to people who are not from either side

Back