How do you celebrate Christmas?

krazykatkitty

Reaction score
For me, On Christmas Day, people gather with family to enjoy a BBQ lunch or Dinner and exchange gifts as they celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We normally eat roast of lamb or beef on Christmas day and having some wine or beer. We will having a pavlova, icecream, cheesecake etc for dessert. The kids is playing the backyard cricket or outside much they want. Plus, some people are going up to the Lakes off to boating, camping or fishing etc.

Last edited:
We celebrate the traditional American way. However me and my daughter usually attend Christmas Eve services at our church. It's a peaceful reprieve from the usual.

I really try hard to tell the Christmas story to my girls so they know the true meaning of Christmas. My youngest, who is four, cracked me up though. I told her of the story of baby Jesus. She got really quiet (which is very unlike her) and thought about it for a good few minutes. Then she came back to me and said, "Mommy. The wise men used a star to find Jesus?" I said, "Yep." Then she shook her head and sort of did this 'hmph' look on her face. Then she said, "They should have used a map."

I never laughed so hard in my life.

I really try hard to tell the Christmas story to my girls so they know the true meaning of Christmas. My youngest, who is four, cracked me up though. I told her of the story of baby Jesus. She got really quiet (which is very unlike her) and thought about it for a good few minutes. Then she came back to me and said, "Mommy. The wise men used a star to find Jesus?" I said, "Yep." Then she shook her head and sort of did this 'hmph' look on her face. Then she said, "They should have used a map."

I never laughed so hard in my life.

:laugh2:

It would have been even funnier if she said they should have used a Tomtom or Garmin.

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so that way my siblings can spend Christmas with their spouse's family.

Right now, we're going out to dinner at Italian restaurant for Christmas Eve. We decided all the cooking and cleaning for get together is a lot of bother, so we decided to eat out. :)

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so that way my siblings can spend Christmas with their spouse's family.

Right now, we're going out to dinner at Italian restaurant for Christmas Eve. We decided all the cooking and cleaning for get together is a lot of bother, so we decided to eat out. :)

So do we!....The gifts are already open since 9AM this morning, and my boys are having a blast....We will go out to eat later on today...and Xmas day, visit friends, etc., and make phone calls to family in different states.....No cooking for me today, but tomorrow, we will be having Lasaga and BBQ pulled pork...plus all the cakes and pies, fudge and brownies.

My mother and I are going to Christmas Eve service at her church. Tomorrow morning, we will get up a little early, I will bake cinnamon rolls, then get the ham going while we open gifts. MIL wants dinner around 12-1, so we have a lot to do. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese with 4 cheeses, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce and creamed peas. Then there's the mincemeat pie, apple pie, 2 cheesecakes and a pecan pie.

My mother and I are going to Christmas Eve service at her church. Tomorrow morning, we will get up a little early, I will bake cinnamon rolls, then get the ham going while we open gifts. MIL wants dinner around 12-1, so we have a lot to do. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese with 4 cheeses, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce and creamed peas. Then there's the mincemeat pie, apple pie, 2 cheesecakes and a pecan pie.

:eek3: Damn that is a lot. Don't wear yourself out and don't forget to have fun! :cool2:

Things change. This year we will have pizza delivered tonight for Christmas Eve. Then open the presents with the family members who are here.

Then tomorrow go to my younger daughter's house and eat a turkey and open presents.

Her husband's family is here, and I don't understand if they will be there or are going home. I didn't buy them any gifts. So I hope it is not embarrassing.

As far as I know, this is the first year I did not particpate in dinner preparation since I was married.

Getting old.

DBG...that is so cute what your daughter said about the star!

Christmas seems to be different each year for my husband and I. This year, I will be working from 9AM to 3PM at my 2nd job so we plan on having our son open some of the gifts in the morning before I go to work. Then after work, I will drive to meet hubby and son at my in-law's for dinner. Come home and relax and then open more gifts on Sunday when my daughter arrives.

My family have a traditional potato soup annually on Christmas Eve and we'll open all the gifts tomorrow. (My sister gave away what "Santa" got for me.) Then have Egg Benedict for breakfast (also a tradition), and have a Christmas ham for dinner. I'm looking forward to my mimosas when we open our gifts early in the morning. ;)

Nom nom nom.

Our Christmas Eve party began at last. My stepmother gave me money, a box of candy, a mesh bag to wash socks in as that was what messed up my dryer. And two six packs of little glass Coke bottles. And my older daughter gave me nice gray slacks.

I guess that means I don't get to go in my pajamas tomorrow to Christmas dinner.

I did manage to catch a terrible cold. My daughter told me that is also a Christmas tradition as apparently I as stressed by the Christmas season.:)

Our Christmas Eve party began at last. My stepmother gave me money, a box of candy, a mesh bag to wash socks in as that was what messed up my dryer. And two six packs of little glass Coke bottles. And my older daughter gave me nice gray slacks.

I guess that means I don't get to go in my pajamas tomorrow to Christmas dinner.

I did manage to catch a terrible cold. My daughter told me that is also a Christmas tradition as apparently I as stressed by the Christmas season.:)

I am glad you had a good Christmas and that everyone arrived at your place safe and sound. I hope you get over your cold soon. I had the crud earlier this week for about 3 days.

I am glad you had a good Christmas and that everyone arrived at your place safe and sound. I hope you get over your cold soon. I had the crud earlier this week for about 3 days.

Thanks, Dixie. I hope yours turns out ok and you get a full time employment soon. (Christmas wish for you.)

IMG_7812-1.jpg
[/IMG]

My little girls made these ornaments for the tree...this is our first time making ornaments, and frankly we did because I didn't have the money to go and buy ornaments...but I think this is going to be our new tradition from now on. We had a lot of fun making them!

DBG - Those are wonderful and what a good tradition to start with your girls. My daughter likes to bake all the Christmas cookies and son has given up doing most things as a tradition.

Back