How did you find out about alldeaf?

restless_heart

Reaction score
:wave: everyone,

How did you find out about alldeaf? Friends? Co-workers? Surf on the internet? School?

It is nice to know how you find out about it. I think Alex would like to know too. I think Alex did more than a wonderful job making this website and for him to welcome anyone from all over the world to have fun, share our thoughts, questions, etc...

I found out about alldeaf from an interupter at the Social Security Office. She said maybe I will find deaf writer(s) here on alldeaf. And that we can share our writing experinces. I have met a few and other wonderful friends (non-writers) as well. I have been telling my friends about alldeaf. Some had joined and some is chickened out...

I don't know if it is repost. Please do let me know. Have a great evening (day) everyone!!!

I found out from a deaf friend, Jolie77 :)

cool! yea nice idea to find out! ok as for me, i found this from my friend , jolie77.. so i joined! :D i enjoy this!

Surf the internet after I got my first computer in September, 2006. Glad I am still here on AD. Never got tire of being on AD. Thank you, Alex. :D

i dont remember? i think i went on google... but maybe not ....mm interesting!

I got this computer that I am using now for Christmas 06 and I didn't get the Internet until May of 07 and I was looking for deaf web sites and I came across AD that summer :D:

I went to surf on the internet and found this alldeaf about 3 years ago. I am interesting to read the posts on alldeaf. I enjoy it very much. :D

It was March of 2005 - I was in grade 12 and was bored in Business administration class, and was scamming my teacher's internet credit that time, and was searching for a deaf site, and stumped into alldeaf.com for a brief time then disappeared until I returned in 2006, a year later ---- but I became more active in the early days of 2007. Never left ever since.

I was looking for a deaf product by searching Google, and AllDeaf was one of the search results.

I found out about this site through a spam by the first AllDeaf Moderator on an once popular forum - this was back in 2002. :D

I didn't join in right away until several weeks or months later.

I found out in '06 through a web search for deaf products and groups. This was the best thing I have found. Alex is really great!! but then again, so is most everyone else on AD.

We've had a thread about this but I don't remember if I hid it from public viewing, or it got lost in the forums somewhere.

What I do remember is that the majoriy of members here found AllDeaf via search engines. :)

[edit] (I removed what I typed before because I realised it wasn't true.)

I went on netscape search and typed "cochlear implant malfunction" (or something like that) and it brought me to a thread about cochlear implants.

I only considered myself hoh at the time, not deaf, since I could still hear enough to at least partly rely on my hearing for understanding speech. I didn't sign up until much later. I think I had already totally lost my hearing before I actually signed up.

i found AD on yahoo search. at first, i was like "should i join AD?" thinking over and over then why not, so i did it. i've been a member of this AD since may 13th.
that's about it. ;)

Kalista told me about this - way back in 2003 I think - I miss her! She is very hilarious! Miss making jokes with her on this site

Back