How did yer parent react.....

Irish Devil Dog

Reaction score
When they found out or you admitted that your gay or lesbo or BI???

For my experiences... Ahh, last year my mom and I had a hugest agurment for other reasons.. Somehow it pushed my feelings real hard (I have been wanting to admit to them that I am lesbo in long time).. So I admitted and said "I'm gay!!" in angry voice.. My mom got pissed off more and kicked me out of her home which I was invited for dinner but dad had to take me back home and I cried all the way to home... My dad asked me if im alright and i said NO... He said whats wrong and I explained.. He was like well, we knew all along that your gay.. I was :wtf: and asked him how he knows?? He said becuz of one of my ex gf looks like lesbo or whatever and the way I acted... So they kept it themselves for about 2 years!! Damn them lol... Right now my parent accepted but unddy dont accept my lifestyle but accepted who I am and love me no matters what.. We had a deal that I keep my own lifestyle private and do whatever I wish to makes myself happy.

So, share your experiences w/ your parent here =D.

coming-out story?

For me it was a very strange experience.
I was in college, and started to have more gay and lesbian friends. I didn't feel anymore that my being gay was something to be ashamed of. One weekend, I was at home, and I told my dad that I was gay. His reaction was that it didn't matter to him, that I am still his son nevertheless.

As for my mum, I think it was through a phone conversation one night. I was talking about my plans for weekend, and that included going to gay and lesbian club and meetings. My mum didn't really get it, and told me "to be careful." Later on, she finally put it together and understood.

My sister... ahhh... I don't know who came out first, me or her. She started living with this girlfriend of hers, and never told me anything. I somehow suspected anyway, but said nothing. Then on the phone, I was telling her that I told mum and dad that I was gay. She didn't say anything about her. Finally, I caught her hugging and kissing her girlfriend one night, and said so... you're lesbian!

They don't have problems with my being gay. I have brought my boyfriends to this house, and they slept here too. I think, my parents already had gay and lesbian friends in the past, so they were already open minded about it. I also suspect that my uncle is gay too!

Re: coming-out story?

Originally posted by kuifje75
For me it was a very strange experience.
I was in college, and started to have more gay and lesbian friends. I didn't feel anymore that my being gay was something to be ashamed of. One weekend, I was at home, and I told my dad that I was gay. His reaction was that it didn't matter to him, that I am still his son nevertheless.

As for my mum, I think it was through a phone conversation one night. I was talking about my plans for weekend, and that included going to gay and lesbian club and meetings. My mum didn't really get it, and told me "to be careful." Later on, she finally put it together and understood.

My sister... ahhh... I don't know who came out first, me or her. She started living with this girlfriend of hers, and never told me anything. I somehow suspected anyway, but said nothing. Then on the phone, I was telling her that I told mum and dad that I was gay. She didn't say anything about her. Finally, I caught her hugging and kissing her girlfriend one night, and said so... you're lesbian!

They don't have problems with my being gay. I have brought my boyfriends to this house, and they slept here too. I think, my parents already had gay and lesbian friends in the past, so they were already open minded about it. I also suspect that my uncle is gay too!

lucky you your family are cool anf flexable

I myself am not gay, but nearly all of my close friends are and I have supported dozens of my friends coming out. Two of the best ones, that I will never forget I absolutely HAVE to share with you.

My friend: "Um... mom... there's something I have to tell you."
His June-Cleaver-type mother: "Yes, dear?"
My friend: "I'm gay"
His Mom: "Oh well thank god you finally said something! We were really getting tired of pretending we didn't know!"

My friend: "Mom I'm gay"
His mom: "What?"
My friend: "Don't give me that 'what' shit! You're the one who gave me Vanity Smurf underoos when I was a kid! The fucking most flaming homo of a smurf! It's your fault!"
His mom: "Oh, you said your gay? Honey, I just didn't hear you... Your father and I came to terms with you possibly being gay when you asked for Rock Star Barbie when you were 7"
My friend: "Well dammit, you should have told me! Oh gross! I've kissed a girl in front of you as a cover! Mom! I'm never going to get over that! She tasted like lipstick!" -starts spitting in the sink and rinsing his mouth out with water-
His mom (looking at me): "He behaves like a drama queen and yet he really thinks the closest people to him think he's straight? -giggle- Honey, why don't you take your head out of the sink and invite some cute boys over or something?"

My friends' parents RULE

anyway, i'm bisexual.

i found out i was bi when i was 12 and had my first encounter when i was 13 but didnt lose virgin til i was 16.. to a boy. goddamn.

anyway i told my parents i was bi. they was like "Ph, sure, sure, this a cry for help? u just gay for attention."

Me: Mum
Mum: Whut
Me: Gotta tell ya sumthin
Mum: So say it.
Me: I'm Bi.
Mum: -choke on food-
Me: -silent-
Mum: this bullshit?
Me: Hell na, i don't joke on subjects like this
Mum: Well, damn.
Me: What?
Mum: You're just gay for attention right?
Me: :shocked: Hell no!
Mum: C'mon i know u r lying.
Me: Ok :madfawk1:
Mum: Go to ur room.
Me: No. Ima go out with a GIRL.
Mum: As long u dont lick her
Me: :ugh: At least i get laid often than u do
Mum: GASP!
Me: EXIT

Originally posted by Irish Devil Dog
Yes I'm female... Ya thought I was a guy the whole of time?? eh?

All the time, I thought you were guy until I read your thread about "admitted that I am gay" I didnt say something earlier because I thought if i said something to you, and you will get offend or something like that :o

Originally posted by DefMATRIXense
All the time, I thought you were guy until I read your thread about "admitted that I am gay" I didnt say something earlier because I thought if i said something to you, and you will get offend or something like that :o

*Chuckles* No it won't offend me at all. Now u know I am female and butchy. =D

I am not gay or bi. But I can see that it's hardest to admit that you're gay when your father is a leader of an anti-gay organization.

I haven't had this experience, so I don't know.

By the way, I found out one of my best friend is gay a few years ago. I was shocked at first, but then my common sense kicked in and I figured out that him being gay didn't change anything cuz he's still the same person I know. The only difference is he and I talk about boys now. Haha.... *blushes*

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
I am not gay or bi. But I can see that it's hardest to admit that you're gay when your father is a leader of an anti-gay organization.

:shock:

Originally posted by Stevey Boy

:eek:

i came out to my mom in the worse of the worse place to tell her, in a damn car, she was driving to a meeting and i joined along after finding out i would have to sign something so i didn t mind, but i was hemming and hawwing for a while how to tell my mom and i decided right then and there just to tell my mom,

me: mom i need to tell u something..
mom: what?
Me: im a lesbain.
mom: Slamming on the brake in the middle of the freeway staring at me.
Me : MOM ur on the highway DRIVE!
mom: oh uh ok shit....
me: we'll talk more at home.
mom: nodding fine fine ....

we were quiet thru out the drive home and then finsihing my story of my feelings. I told mom just love me for me and my feeling and respect me same way i do u . ]

that pretty much was it .

That's very interesting stories, deafgal lol...

Java, oh yeah I remmied that story u told me before =D.. Glad she accepted who u are tho :P

Irish Devil Dog,

I am sorry to hear that as i hope thing does well soon, i got some friend who is lesb or gay also my bro is gay aswell, but my point of view it is wrong coz i am a strong born-again Christian, but i dont judge them of course as i respect them!

Back