How Deaf Do You Need to be for a Dog?

The power goes out in your house, no smoke alarm, vibrator, strobe . . . nothing. Your house catches fire. You have no hearing dog or any other animal or human to wake you to get you out. Then what? Technology will always fail, but my hearing dog won't.
Even hearing people can die from smoke inhalation. They die from the smoke before they even wake up.

So, if fire is an excuse for having a hearing dog... then hearing people should be allowed to have a hearing dog too.

Fire isn't sound. Smoke isn't sound. There's no need for a hearing dog for that or that should apply to everyone equally.

Even hearing people can die from smoke inhalation. They die from the smoke before they even wake up.

So, if fire is an excuse for having a hearing dog... then hearing people should be allowed to have a hearing dog too.

Fire isn't sound. Smoke isn't sound. There's no need for a hearing dog for that or that should apply to everyone equally.

You are truly deaf.

You can hear the fire blazing. I know I can hear it ROAR.

I used to live through the wildfires of 2001 or 2002 in Northern California, in fact, I drove through it and I got pour on by the helicopter carrying the water. It was a thrill, but I won't go again.

:werd: mr. knowitall, did you know that there IS another name of guide dogs hearing people would need? hearing dog is for deafies and wasn't only trained for smoke...

your posts are not making sense but you don't like to be wrong. like pek said, you're truly 'deaf'. you say (non-service) pets are the all same, yet say don't need (service) pet - what's difference?? dog is a dog, cat is a cat, rat is a rat and so on.. just some are certificated to be allowed to be transported anywhere it needs to be to be with owner.

:werd: mr. knowitall, did you know that there IS another name of guide dogs hearing people would need? hearing dog is for deafies and wasn't only trained for smoke...

your posts are not making sense but you don't like to be wrong. like pek said, you're truly 'deaf'. you say (non-service) pets are the all same, yet say don't need (service) pet - what's difference?? dog is a dog, cat is a cat, rat is a rat and so on.. just some are certificated to be allowed to be transported anywhere it needs to be to be with owner.

The dogs knows that the smoke doesn't mean a good sign. It distrubs their senses and the smoke hurts the eyes, so it's like those with common sense know it's bad. Those who don't, tends to play with fire.

Are all hearing people deaf-impaired? Do some animals can sign? How hearing do you have to be to get a deaf dog or a deaf cat?

Are all hearing people deaf-impaired? Do some animals can sign? How hearing do you have to be to get a deaf dog or a deaf cat?

You're horrible at stirring things up. But is Duray your last name because I know a gay guy named Duray.

a deaf dog or cat is more wild and stubborn than a regular pet.

:gpost: Thanks for having my back, sister! Sometimes, moderators get carried away in their infinite wisdom and forget that their brains are still in park after posting humorous answers to people. Plus, this guy is really barking up the wrong tree . . . the squirrel left the park already, if you catch my drift. ;)

You can hear the fire blazing. I know I can hear it ROAR.

I used to live through the wildfires of 2001 or 2002 in Northern California, in fact, I drove through it and I got pour on by the helicopter carrying the water. It was a thrill, but I won't go again.

:aw: You're no fun. Where's your sense of adventure? I am so disappointed . . .

i'm bening sarcastic. I use a fake name. I'm straight and proud of it.

You're horrible at stirring things up. But is Duray your last name because I know a gay guy named Duray.

a deaf dog or cat is more wild and stubborn than a regular pet.

everyone needs to remember this, certificated is TO allow transport with its master any way anywhere and, for free of charge.

sure it's either a pet or a service pet - both (attitudes, behaviors, characters and expectations) are the same.

period.

I missed this one earlier. Um, freckles, where in the ADA does it say that a service dog has to be certified? Groups that train them "certify" them, but it's not required under the ADA. Where state law may mandate it, federal law supercedes it.

i sign up to get service dog!!! there wait list but i'm very excited. i hope to get one in around a year. but i would like to live in my own apartment not boarding house so dog has more room and not stuck in one room when im at work. i hope to have dog soon! i post pictures when i get a dog.

i sign up to get service dog!!! there wait list but i'm very excited. i hope to get one in around a year. but i would like to live in my own apartment not boarding house so dog has more room and not stuck in one room when im at work. i hope to have dog soon! i post pictures when i get a dog.

Way cool, Target! :cool2:

Service dogs are not for protection. If you want protection then get yourself a firearm or some martial arts training.

or you can get a guard dog.... :roll:

Back