How common is your last name in America?

Before I got married, My surname is 3097.

After I got married, My surname is 1231.

Sound like you got a promotion after marriage. Congrats :)

All My families last names are very common.

According to Seattle Metro white page, there are 4 surnames of mine. It is very rare. Seattle Metro population is about 3 million....

My surname was 530. Not bad but a little too common for my taste. Maybe I should change it to Sunshine to be unique. :D

SHE GOT IT! SHE GOT IT! BY JOVE, SHE GOT IT! :applause:

Actually, I stole that joke. There's a character in a Robert Heinlein novel named Wyoming Knott. She's a drop-dead beautiful redhead who's always being hit on by men. The running gag in the novel is that if she introduces herself to a man and he replies "why not?", she immediately strikes him off her list of possible suitors. :lol:

Another Carter

41 is common? Does it means as 41th largest of last name?

Carter is the 41st most common last name in US. It is also my paternal granny's last name.

My mom's maiden name is 29,153. Probably not many outside of Hawaii. If you live there, why move? :D

My last name is 163.

My maiden name is 37 and my married name is 2603. I used to be the FIRST on Roll Call in school and I truly hated it!! I had to do everything FIRST! LOL

I wonder how many people have the SAME NAME? In middle school, there was a girl 2 grades ahead of me that had the same name as me... spelling and everything. My mother used to get phone calls or mail informing her that her daughter was skipping school or getting into trouble... I swore up and down that I was not doing things like that! At one point, she made my teachers CALL her every day at lunch time to tell her if I was in class or not! My mother finally realized that it was NOT ME! and talked to the prinicpal. They finally fixed the problem... I was called by my "short" name rather than my "full" name. WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!! LOL

kmjbmama

I wonder how many people have the SAME NAME?
kmjbmama
Same here ! When I was in high school,
another student with exact same name
attended at the same school

One day I was called into the Principal office
for unknown reason until they gave me
a real Strange purse I became puzzled
looking at it and then I saw the wallet ID
showing my name. I was honest telling them
that purse does NOT belong to me
and then they realize there is another
student with the same name.

Mine is, surname number 860 in the USA. Which is maybe most common but it is scottish surname but I am from USA! :lol: But very interesting tho!! OH well!

STRANGE! Even though I am from up north Canada in Ontario. My last name is non in the database for America. I know my married last name is quite rare even up here.

:ugh3: not in datebase. I know my last name is pretty commons. might they not put down all last name there at all

My surname does not exist in this database
36_2_18.gif

7_6_8.gif

Strange my maiden name is 9438 cuz not often to see this name in this part of area only up in Detriot Mich which is too common.

My married name is 4932, happened few time black person would call us and thought we were black because that name is popular in deep south, not common here in Ca. When they found out we sound too much alike white folks they hanged up on us. No one can pronounce this name not even my son's graduation when the prinicpal announced our last name.

Thank u for this website to check, sooo interest.

Interesting!.. i check as i knew that surname of *Smith* are very popular in USA even in Europe too .... it say number 1 ..but my last name is not Smith thou lol....

True, Smith is one of my ancetsor's last name before civil war, my great-great-grandmother.

my last name is 306 in the USA.

My last name common was 554

My first name common was 55k?!

Back