How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyed..... getting text messages late at night while trying to sleep isn't my thing.

I've been getting more assertive about my health care. Last Friday at the clinic I was very, um, expressive about my condition. The doctor and nurses all saw how I looked, too. Also, TCS has started accompanying me into the meetings with the doctors so he makes sure I cover everything.

They ask for the scale of pain, 1-10, of how I feel. I told the nurse "9".

But I was still breathing….

Reba, I'm so sorry your are not feeling well. This may sound silly but take pictures of your rashes, eyes, hives etc. I take my hubby to my appointments and have found I get way better care when he is with me. Sometimes when we are feeling so bad it is hard to express what we need.

When I had that severe allergic reaction after my CI surgery I couldn't get a hold of my doctor. So we took a picture and I faxed it to the nurse. I had a reply within 5 minutes. You may be doing this but if not I recommend keeping a journal with all your symptoms, medicine you take, how you feel, what you ate, how you slept etc. Add the pictures to that and when you go to your doctor next time you will have loads of information to share.

I hope you feel better soon.

Turn off your phone when you go to bed..

How did your flashlights work out for you?

Hmm. Well, I'm not exactly using my phone.... it's my Windows tablet, but I can sign out of it, that's an idea. The flashlights were AWESOME. That one with the cool features was neat.

Okay, that's been done. Now I'll get some peace.

Hmm. Well, I'm not exactly using my phone.... it's my Windows tablet, but I can sign out of it, that's an idea. The flashlights were AWESOME. That one with the cool features was neat.

How does it keep you awake...can you hear it beeping? Or is it on vibrate?
Once my CI is off I can't hear anything at all. At times I do sleep with my phone on vibrate just in case my kids or family might need me. If hubby is home then he can answer the phone if someone calls in an emergency.

How does it keep you awake...can you hear it beeping? Or is it on vibrate?
Once my CI is off I can't hear anything at all. At times I do sleep with my phone on vibrate just in case my kids or family might need me. If hubby is home then he can answer the phone if someone calls in an emergency.

It has this feature that when I get a text message or an e-mail, it'll activate, and wake up on its own, and I have it that way for a similar reason to yours-- in case I'm needed somehow, but if I'm sleeping, I'll put it to sleep, and leave it like that, until something happens, and it'll wake up.

Super dizzy once again. Fell into the tv and fan when I got up.

Wondering if deaf people get dizzy easier when congested then non deaf people?

Sounds silly and I'm sure it depends on why we are deaf but I'm trying to figure out if this is from the whiplash or sinuses. Hubby says I sound super congested but I don't feel congested. This dizzy feeling started about three weeks after my accident.
Blood pressure is fine.

Super dizzy once again. Fell into the tv and fan when I got up.

Wondering if deaf people get dizzy easier when congested then non deaf people?

Sounds silly and I'm sure it depends on why we are deaf but I'm trying to figure out if this is from the whiplash or sinuses. Hubby says I sound super congested but I don't feel congested. This dizzy feeling started about three weeks after my accident.
Blood pressure is fine.

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Maybe something like this was activated by the sudden sharp movement of your head in the accident.

I spoke to my doctor's nurse. (We can't call the doctor directly; everything goes thru the nurse first.) I described my symptoms and pain level. I get the same response each time. "If you have trouble breathing or your tongue swells, go to the ER or use your Epipen."

Obviously I was breathing since I was talking on the phone, so that was that.

prednisone oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

According to this it's rare to get a rash on prednisone but you can get one.

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Maybe something like this was activated by the sudden sharp movement of your head in the accident.

Thanks Bott. I wish it would go away that is for sure. I did get hit pretty hard and I felt my neck pain instantly. I'm still wearing the neck brace.

Since I went deaf, I get dizzy if I lay flat, so I always sleep a little elevated. I do feel congested but in the past it didn't make me dizzy like this. I took Sudafed and used the nasal spray. I want to go out, drive my new car, but I seriously don't want to fall.

I've not been diagnosed with this, but know I get it. Most recently right after my severe vertigo (where I couldn't be in a vertical position) this past April. It seems to be gone now. Usually bothers me in bed when I turn a certain way, but this last time it also bothered me when I'd look up or leaned over. It seems to be gone now.

Thankfully it's not too bad, because, as I recall, the treatment is something that can causes dizziness. :eek3:

I've not been diagnosed with this, but know I get it. Most recently right after my severe vertigo (where I couldn't be in a vertical position) this past April. It seems to be gone now. Usually bothers me in bed when I turn a certain way, but this last time it also bothered me when I'd look up or leaned over. It seems to be gone now.

Thankfully it's not too bad, because, as I recall, the treatment is something that can causes dizziness. :eek3:

Yeah, they spin you around trying to rearrange some particles in your ears!

OMG I can't even imagine that right now.

When I had my first bout with the positional vertigo, I was prescribed Antivert. One of it's side effects is possible dizziness. No thank you, I'm fine as it is. Never took the med.

When I went to ER in April for my bad "regular" vertigo, I told them I did not want Antivert and they gave me a generic Valium instead. That seemed to help (or I was already recovering on my own). Had the prescription filled for the "valium" and for an anti nausea

I've had bouts of vertigo, I'm half convinced the episodes coincide with further degeneration of my hearing. I could be wrong though. And that def doesn't have ANYTHING to do with your problems Angel cuz you don't have progressive loss :D

I just like to hear myself talk. Oh wait, I can't do that ;)

Don't like to whine....went to the Hospital Adm. office to do paperwork for my upcoming surgery...(ear)...soon as I got there, was getting dizzy, eyes blood shot & feeling super weak...they called for an ambulance and took me to the ER...blood pressure very low...which was right around the corner...:roll:...(the bill will hit me soon)...was in there from 10AM until 8:30pm....

Could not believe all the people in the ER...there wasn't enuf rooms for them all, some beds were in the hall...and I actually had to see this older man with nothing on but his underwear...(which were dirty)...nurses too busy to close the curtains....

No indications of a stroke and everything was good after a MRI and a Cscan...they said probably a "virus" and I needed to see my "ear doctor" ASAP.

My intrepretor was there with me and she said..."So many, many people" are Sick...hmmmm

Don't like to whine....went to the Hospital Adm. office to do paperwork for my upcoming surgery...(ear)...soon as I got there, was getting dizzy, eyes blood shot & feeling super weak...they called for an ambulance and took me to the ER...blood pressure very low...which was right around the corner...:roll:...(the bill will hit me soon)...was in there from 10AM until 8:30pm....

Could not believe all the people in the ER...there wasn't enuf rooms for them all, some beds were in the hall...and I actually had to see this older man with nothing on but his underwear...(which were dirty)...nurses too busy to close the curtains....

No indications of a stroke and everything was good after a MRI and a Cscan...they said probably a "virus" and I needed to see my "ear doctor" ASAP.

My intrepretor was there with me and she said..."So many, many people" are Sick...hmmmm

Poor RR, you are having a really diffiuclt time lately. I really hope this next surgery is your last. Hope you feel better soon.

I've had bouts of vertigo, I'm half convinced the episodes coincide with further degeneration of my hearing. I could be wrong though. And that def doesn't have ANYTHING to do with your problems Angel cuz you don't have progressive loss :D

I just like to hear myself talk. Oh wait, I can't do that ;)

I suspect any connection between hearing loss and vertigo would be if the hearing loss is (even partially) conductive. Since that seems to involve the bones rather than the nerves. Just my limited educated guess.

:( Hope you feel better soon.

I'm still paying off my ER bill (doing monthly payments for a year).

Our ER is generally busy also. The hallways (yes, it's a big ER) usually have people on gurneys waiting for a "room". At least they do the triage while we're in the hallways and get that out of the way. I prefer to be there than in the waiting room wondering if they're ever coming to get me. At least in the hallway I can see how busy they are.

I suspect any connection between hearing loss and vertigo would be if the hearing loss is (even partially) conductive. Since that seems to involve the bones rather than the nerves. Just my limited educated guess.

I have mixed loss. Otosclerosis and cochlear otosclerosis. If you break down the oto-scler-osis, it means an abnormal hardening of the bones in the ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back