How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally starting to feel a little bit more sane. Our beautiful calico cat died a week ago Monday. I had posted she was ill with blood glucose crashes again. I found her comatose last Monday and got her to the emergency vet pronto, no coats, just pajamas, slippers, no wallets or phones. Nobody could understand why her blood sugars kept crashing when her bloodwork was perfect. An X-ray revealed she had metastatic cancer in her lungs. Just the very day before she was running after toys. It was unfathomable to realize how sick she was. Hubby sang to her and we said prayers and held her in our arms and she died. I've just been so sick over it. There was nothing we could have done. Nothing we knew despite all her vet visits. Argh.

I'm thinking of you. Now your cat is in a better place.

Looking forward to spring break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave:Frisky, I did :giggle:

Reba ...owww! yuck...:hug:
My hub has this needle phobia and have extreme emotional and physical problems with draws. Hard veins to get. He always asks for a butterfly <assuming I heard that right> and the most experienced tech - we are able to do that. I'm sorry you weren't able to.
Yes, butterfly is correct.

Thanks for the :hug:

I've had numerous bad experiences with giving blood, so I do NOT look forward to it.

Ouch! :shock: In civilian clinics, you can ask for another nurse. Are you sure the VA does not allow for another nurse request? I know the initial nurse will brush you off, better to get it right to begin with! :)
I didn't know that this one wasn't experienced until it was too late. The one I like wasn't on duty today, and I don't know the other ones. Next time I'll be more emphatic about describing how hard it is. It might help.

What do they do? Jump out of the way? :D

Well there's only 12 inches, what do you expect Amber? That's not much vein space to work with... Us medical professionals aren't miracle workers, you know!? GIVE US A BREAK! :cool2:

I didn't know that this one wasn't experienced until it was too late. The one I like wasn't on duty today, and I don't know the other ones. Next time I'll be more emphatic about describing how hard it is. It might help.

I know with me personally and a few adults ( some elderly ) they have an issue with having smaller veins. When I go in for any blood work, I tell them ahead of time to use pediatric size needles. Sometimes it helps in order to stick me better and often helps with many patients who have difficulties being stuck. :) Smaller gauges, ya know. :P I have tiny veins. :P

Not me. I'm lean and muscly with big veins. Very vascular. This my hand and forearm at rest. I didn't squeeze it or anything lol

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1395897387.121476.jpg

Much worse when I'm working and working out. I get a nice big one that pops out in my shoulder when I'm working out. Sorry guys woman's skin!!! You may want to advert your eyes. Doesn't really look like a woman's arm though :/

Not me. I'm lean and muscly with big veins. Very vascular. This my hand and forearm at rest. I didn't squeeze it or anything lol

View attachment 20590

Much worse when I'm working and working out. I get a nice big one that pops out in my shoulder when I'm working out. Sorry guys woman's skin!!! You may want to advert your eyes. Doesn't really look like a woman's arm though :/

If that is your wall measuring tool it's over 12 inches sorry ;)

I know with me personally and a few adults ( some elderly ) they have an issue with having smaller veins. When I go in for any blood work, I tell them ahead of time to use pediatric size needles. Sometimes it helps in order to stick me better and often helps with many patients who have difficulties being stuck. :) Smaller gauges, ya know. :P I have tiny veins. :P

I have no problem with blood tests etc. My problem is when they start an IV. Hurts like crazy and I have had so many freaky experiences. Now hubby insists they numb me first. It works like a charm.

View attachment 20590

I'm a small guy, and my arm looks very similar to yours , just more hair, but not a lot more....and darker, i too have veins poking out, i don't even like it

When my husband would make his many visits to ER, we would tell them he was a "hard stick" and one time they called for an "expert at hard sticks" to draw his blood.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Yes, I've always had a problem giving blood. After trying to donate a couple times I had to give up. The last time I tried I was at the Bloodmobile for a couple hours and they never got a full bag from me so they threw it away. The next day I woke up with a swollen black-and-blue arm from the wrist to the shoulder. Ugh!

During my early years in the Navy having the Corpsmen draw blood for testing was terrible. At that time (1970's) there weren't many women in the Navy so all the needles were one-size-fits-all for men; that is, LARGE. Sometimes they would use a butterfly for me, sometimes not. It usually required poking both arms multiple times, by multiple Corpsmen, doctors, and nurses, over several hours. They slapped my veins, made me pump my arms, do all kinds of stuff. At least now they have a supply of smaller needles.

View attachment 20590

Wanna trade? Or just share a little? :lol:

TCS has easy veins, almost like a fountain when he gives blood.

I am sorry for the loss of your pet. May she have a wonderful afterlife, in that big pet sky above, where she is sure to be. RIP, Miss Millie.

I am so sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

May she run free over the Rainbow Bridge.

hugs

AlleyCat. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

*snif*...so sorry too...losing a Pet is so heart breaking...I remember all my deceased pets by having their pixs on my walls....and my boys and I often talk about them....We never forget....hope your grief gets better in days to come.

I'm thinking of you. Now your cat is in a better place.

alleycat, I am sorry. Hugs.

Thank you ALL!

Finally starting to feel a little bit more sane. Our beautiful calico cat died a week ago Monday….
My condolences to you in the loss of your kitty. It's hard to be comforted when our comforter kitties are gone. :hug:

Tired- going to the eye doctor wears me out (more so when it is a new eye doctor...).

But I don't have to take eye drops anymore! (well for now- close watch will be in effect and 6 months follow up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back