How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long story and I will try to keep it short.
My sister Mary Ann accepted Mom and my other sister Jane into her big home, which she shared with her husband. Mary Ann decided that it would be easier to have Mom close on hand, rather than a thirty-minute daily drive to the assisted-living center to visit and help care for her. She asked Jane to move in to help in the care, which she accepted.
That was two months ago.
Last week on a Sunday I planned to come visit, but Mary Ann called and said she felt too illl for my visit, so I didn't go.
Last Thursday my brother told me that Jane called him. She said that on Tuesday Mary Ann had the phone in her hand and was trying to call for an ambulance and her husband snatched it out of her hand and said she needed rest, that Jane witnessed this. She spent the next two days in her room apparently alone. She was brought to the hospital on Friday with hardly any blood pressure and systemic infection. She went downhill FAST.
Yesterday I saw her in that room on a ventilator, my heart shattered into a million pieces. She still looked beautiful, and her skin was soft, and her shiny hair. While I was caressing her arm and stroking her hair, I swear a tear formed in her eye. The doctor pooh-poohed it, saying that she was brain-dead with no chance of recovery.
The chaplain said prayers and I left before the plug was pulled.
I talked to four social workers about having Mom and Jane moved into a nursing home in my town, and they were shocked at my story of Mary Ann's treatment at home, and they called the sherriff, who then called a detective to interview her husband. I put Mom and Jane into an extended stay motel near St. Louis, because I figured things would get ugly fast.
I didn't have any sleep last night and am at work now. I just feel numb and so so sad. I have no idea what to expect now, and am living just one hour at a time.
I will say no more of this until I get positive news and results from the machine I have started.

shit, sorry to read this...
hang in there,,,take it easy (hard to do) but you have to...

we're all thinking of you here (in All Deaf) just remember that too

How am I feeling? Put it this way-- the last few days I'd been battling a lung issue, but it appears the worst is over now, and things are looking better, at least for now.

Day 2 of a new round of migraines. I feel just "peachy".

Got the "blah's"....and it's a beautiful, but a little cool day....

I am sorry Beowulf.

I am feeling pretty good considering my sore muscles.

Happy Dance. After receiving a 2nd declined letter on Monday for a credit card I had applied for and appealed the initial decline, I got the card in the mail yesterday. It will earn me points for train travel, so I will use it just to pay for my normal monthly expenses. I've already paid a couple of bills online with it so I can get the sign up bonus points as quick as possible. This will allow me to travel westward in Oct with most of the trip paid with points.
:)

I am feeling lazy , rain just keeps on coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel great!
I am FINALLY able to take those ASL classes I've wanted to take since... forever! I can FINALLY meet other D/deaf/HoH people and be with people who GET me and understand our adventurous life. I also can't wait to be able to sign with my dad (Who's also learning) :)

I'm in a lot of pain. I wish I have someone to drive me to dentist. :tears:

Well, can't say the day hasn't been interesting. I wish I could help Derek jump start his vehicle. He's not able to drive without getting it started first, and I wish I knew how to help him. :(

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Well, can't say the day hasn't been interesting. I wish I could help Derek jump start his vehicle. He's not able to drive without getting it started first, and I wish I knew how to help him. :(

Mark

it's easy

How%20to%20Jump-Start%20a%20Battery_thumb.jpg

Borrow someone's car?

How? His parents live in another county, and their location makes it an inconvenient time for that to happen. Also, there aren't any other ADers in that area that we know of, so that's a problem.

Mark

How? His parents live in another county, and their location makes it an inconvenient time for that to happen. Also, there aren't any other ADers in that area that we know of, so that's a problem.

Mark

Got a car nearby? Housemates? Friend? Stranger? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back