Hotdogs - Do you know what you really eating?

Trust me.. you don't want to know what is in a Hot Dog... If you did, you probably would not eat them.

blood (okay, meat, too) is natural as you wonder why we get shock when wipe the carpet floor and give electric on metal object? :D

:laugh2: I love the end of the first paragraph in the article, "if that isn't enough, and you succeed, you are still faced with the possibility of having to eat a hot dog"

My husband used to work for Kraft Foods/Oscar Mayer. He was in the plant that did the hot dogs.

According to him there is nothing artificial or gross in the hot dogs. All ingredients go through massive testing before being put together to process the hot dogs.

The problem comes when you get the off brand ones or, Heaven forbid, the chicken or pork ones.

I proudly eat either Oscar Mayer or Hebrew National All Beef, 98% fat free hot dogs.

Hebrew National are all I eat. They are made to Kosher standards.

If a catfish will eat a hot dog, I will not.

And for the record, hot dogs are the best cat fish bait, after they're dipped in a in-the-90-degree-sun-for-three-week-old-chicken liver juice....

i knew what was in the hotdogs for a long time now and i still eat them up and i chew on em nice and slow to taste em cus theyre freakin good

My husband used to work for Kraft Foods/Oscar Mayer. He was in the plant that did the hot dogs.

According to him there is nothing artificial or gross in the hot dogs. All ingredients go through massive testing before being put together to process the hot dogs.

The problem comes when you get the off brand ones or, Heaven forbid, the chicken or pork ones.

I proudly eat either Oscar Mayer or Hebrew National All Beef, 98% fat free hot dogs.

Hebrew National are all I eat. They are made to Kosher standards.

I found the ingredients at Hebrew National's website.
INGREDIENTS: Beef, Water, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Sodium Lactate, Spice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Paprika, Sodium Diacetate, Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Flavorings. CONTAINS: Soy
Can you tell me what Sodium Lacate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, and especially Sodium Nitrite is?

Sodium Nitrite is something that is linked to cancer. 67% of the colon and pancreatic cancer is linked to Sodium Nitrite, although not yet proven in humans. One day it will be.

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein is something else I wouldn't touch - first glance at google confirmed it.

I just love seeing through companies "advertisements to be all "good."" I love it.

Gross!!! What about the chicken or turkey hot dogs?? :Ohno:

one hotdog with ketchup please. :ty:

Thanks for sharing the info :hmm:

PFH what baout Hoffmann's syracuse hotdog? haha

From Hofmann's Sausage website it says:

Ingredients: Beef and Pork, Water, Veal, Salt, Spices, NonFat Dry Milk, Isolated Soy Protein, Sodium Acetate,Sugar, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Extractives of Paprika and other Spices, Sodium Erythorbate, Onion Powder, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Casing derived from Lamb. (Frozen)

Same thing as above, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein...

What I like about them is they're open to listing what some of their spices are in the frank. Also "natural casing" just is another word for intestines. In this case they use Lamb intestines to make the hot dog.

Enjoy.

What I like about them is they're open to listing what some of their spices are in the frank. Also "natural casing" just is another word for intestines. In this case they use Lamb intestines to make the hot dog.

Enjoy.

2 hotdogs with ketchup and onion please. :ty:

Enjoy.

Thanks. :D

Back