Hopelessness

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got this sent to me through group chat on FB and I am like :confused:....

For the past week we have been witnessing ugliness and chaos all over with the place. Ferguson coverage, Bill Cosby rape scandal, people pissed at Obama with immigration. Protest to boycott Walmart and other protest taking places. It's time to wake the hell up and start resolving these issues. It's just going to continue to get uglier if we don't fix this. I see humans fighting with each other everyday. Especially on facebook. Omg all kinds of crazies come out of woodwork. Makes you really think how messed up this world we live in really is. The evil in humanity is staggering. When people are fed up, it's full on war against one another. You learn more about people for who they really are. I remember my Nana saying "it's not much longer now before the world is going to come to an end. I'm glad I'm old and I don't have to stick around much longer. I miss the good old days." Well she was right. May peace come soon.

I don't feel that way. Does anyone? :hmm:

Does anyone feel that humans are turning against each other and that the world is in a worse place compared to the past?

I don't feel that way. Sure there are negative stuff happening around the world but I don't think humans are turning against each other.

Just wondering if anyone else feels that way or feels the same as I do.

Yeah I don't let others negative vibes my way . Sad this person who said is sad

Yeah I don't let others negative vibes my way . Sad this person who said is sad

Do you think the old days were a better time for humans on this planet or no difference?

I feel we are about the same...yes, we have technology advances and better health care than back in the old days. However, I feel that life seemed so much simpler back then compared to todays's times.

However, people back then probably thought times were more complicated then times earlier than their times...LOL!

It's usually older people who start to feel that way. And it goes back to the earliest times of recorded history, with one of the ancient Greek philosophers writing on how youth had become so much worse than the previous generations, not respecting elders, and so on.

As for me , I think the present world is the best one to live in so far. I love learning, and I like having all knowledge in the palm of my hand in the form of a small electronic tablet.

Do you think the old days were a better time for humans on this planet or no difference?

no difference.

every generation says that.

People who say that "olden was better" forgot about a whole plethora of ugly things that happened in the past. in no particular order - namely WWI, WWII, witch hunting and burning, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Manson murders, "going postal", high school shooting, women commonly abused by husbands (men in general) and at workplace sexually harassed by bosses (other male workers) without any repercussions, children beaten and abused sexually, and what about deaf and their rights? were the deaf better off in the old days? or are now? the past abuse of deaf children, the lack of TTY, the lack of interpreters, video-relays etc etc, and general attitude toward deaf- "if deaf, then dumb, therefore you can't do this or that".

etc etc.

I don't even remember one hundredth of things that happened in the past that were equally bad if not worse than today.

People always tend to remember the good stuff, because, like, who wants to retain the bad experience in their memory? hardly anyone

Fuzzy

Got this sent to me through group chat on FB and I am like :confused:....

For the past week we have been witnessing ugliness and chaos all over with the place. Ferguson coverage, Bill Cosby rape scandal, people pissed at Obama with immigration. Protest to boycott Walmart and other protest taking places. It's time to wake the hell up and start resolving these issues. It's just going to continue to get uglier if we don't fix this. I see humans fighting with each other everyday. Especially on facebook. Omg all kinds of crazies come out of woodwork. Makes you really think how messed up this world we live in really is. The evil in humanity is staggering. When people are fed up, it's full on war against one another. You learn more about people for who they really are. I remember my Nana saying "it's not much longer now before the world is going to come to an end. I'm glad I'm old and I don't have to stick around much longer. I miss the good old days." Well she was right. May peace come soon.

I don't feel that way. Does anyone? :hmm:

*shrug* same ole' shit that everybody says every year. it's a shame that we all don't have photographic memory.

I feel we are about the same...yes, we have technology advances and better health care than back in the old days. However, I feel that life seemed so much simpler back then compared to todays's times.

However, people back then probably thought times were more complicated then times earlier than their times...LOL!

I think part of the problem is that you get the new 24 /7 today and if you use the computer a lot you'll are going to be expose all the horrible news more often. In the 'good old days we did get the news 24/7 so we got a break from it. People will have find other things to do and not use Facebook so damn much. Bad things happen in the 'good old days' too .

Glad others feel the way I do because it would be depressing if everyone else felt the way whoever wrote that. It was forwarded to me and many others in a group email so I have no idea who wrote it but I thought it was interesting that there are people who feel the the end is near because of a few negative events recently. Like there was no small pox, no world wars, haloacast and etc...

Glad others feel the way I do because it would be depressing if everyone else felt the way whoever wrote that. It was forwarded to me and many others in a group email so I have no idea who wrote it but I thought it was interesting that there are people who feel the the end is near because of a few negative events recently. Like there was no small pox, no world wars, haloacast and etc...

I feel exactly the same as you do Shel.

I have no desire to live in the past but each day we are closer to the end times.

I don't want to think about the past but I keep recurring my struggles in the past when I was young. Yeah, things were bad back then.

Yeah, there were a lots of news spreading bad things happening to good people and gossips that can spread either truths or lies. The media made it lies so much on those reports. Also I hate wars and why do we have so much wars against humanity that discrimination and hate hurt us so much?

That is true that we have so much technologies everywhere especially with KXL Keystone pipelines which the big corporations want to use oil and gas from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. Many Native Americans are protesting against the corporations and the governments (Parliament and Congress) who approve of this. The corporations are destroying our Mother Earth. Beside when the pipeline(s) get leak and destroying both nature and animals including us, people, getting sick from that. It is the same with oceans including species of fishes and animals. We need to protect our Mother Earth. We can not stand pollution. We have to fight against the police and politicians. Yes, we do have conflict but we tried to have peace like having round dance with hand held drummers and singers. No one fight at all. So we are not giving up to protect our environment.

I also don't like violence between Blacks and Police officers (mostly common Whites). This is disturbing and troubling. Yeah, we need peace so that we all can get along with our differences and diverse no matter where we came from. We are all human beings.

I don't know but we have to set a good example to people that we can have a good life without discrimination but I doubt that.

Don't forget that women (young girls) are being abused and killed by hateful mindset men or mindset women. There are lots of Native women being killed and never find any killers to be arrest and go to trials. We will never get our rights as human beings. :(

I don't want to think about the past but I keep recurring my struggles in the past when I was young. Yeah, things were bad back then.

Yeah, there were a lots of news spreading bad things happening to good people and gossips that can spread either truths or lies. The media made it lies so much on those reports. Also I hate wars and why do we have so much wars against humanity that discrimination and hate hurt us so much?

That is true that we have so much technologies everywhere especially with KXL Keystone pipelines which the big corporations want to use oil and gas from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. Many Native Americans are protesting against the corporations and the governments (Parliament and Congress) who approve of this. The corporations are destroying our Mother Earth. Beside when the pipeline(s) get leak and destroying both nature and animals including us, people, getting sick from that. It is the same with oceans including species of fishes and animals. We need to protect our Mother Earth. We can not stand pollution. We have to fight against the police and politicians. Yes, we do have conflict but we tried to have peace like having round dance with hand held drummers and singers. No one fight at all. So we are not giving up to protect our environment.

I also don't like violence between Blacks and Police officers (mostly common Whites). This is disturbing and troubling. Yeah, we need peace so that we all can get along with our differences and diverse no matter where we came from. We are all human beings.

I don't know but we have to set a good example to people that we can have a good life without discrimination but I doubt that.

Don't forget that women (young girls) are being abused and killed by hateful mindset men or mindset women. There are lots of Native women being killed and never find any killers to be arrest and go to trials. We will never get our rights as human beings. :(

I understand how you feel and I agree with you on some points...however, what about the French and Indian war. That seemed like a horrible war with so many deaths.

I understand how you feel and I agree with you on some points...however, what about the French and Indian war. That seemed like a horrible war with so many deaths.

Wars between USA and Canada were terrible and it was not the fault of our Natives starting the war at all. It was the government and/or military who wanted to get rid of women and children including old people. Town people really don't like Natives and trying to point fingers at them for starting the violence and making them bad Natives or Indians.

We had many wars and deaths both in Canada and USA including USA boarding schools (in Canada, residential schools) which the teachers and principals have done lots of damage to their self esteems and their traditional languages.

In the past in Canada, a bunch of Native children in some schools were murdered by the people who work at the residential schools to make room for more other Native children. That mean the nuns and priests were trying to take the Native children away from their parents and family (their homes). The Native children were never send back to their parents if there were more Native children coming into the residential schools. A lot of Native children suffered being punish over speaking their traditional languages and clothing and sexual abused by them. They had to put up with this and this is what made them be like the white person.

So I don't know if the USA boarding schools were almost like Canada residential schools.

Most of our people throughout the reservations and First Nations are having lots of problem with White governments in trying to make their lives better but they were poor and need help with their needs including jobs. There were not enough jobs on most reservations and reserves. Some of the Natives moved to big cities for removal relocation which was not working out that good. Those were back in the 1950s. Some came back to the reservations (their home). Life is hard for them when being confront by White people. We will never get over it like some White people tell us to get over the past. We just can not. :(

EDIT: Also many children on every reservations and First Nations were being forced to be adopted into White homes (again being forced to be taken away from families). That take the cake when we get pissed off at the Children Welfare for taking them. The Children had no choice. It was hurting them very badly. :(

No. That does not make sense for any person to say that the things and people are getting worser and worser than previous generations or in the past. Especially Catholic/Christian individual says that well...they make nonsense out of themselves for saying like this in a negative way just because thousand and thousands years ago people had done terrible things and nowadays the people are doing the same terrible things. I don't see the point of this from their POV/mindset.

No. That does not make sense for any person to say that the things and people are getting worser and worser than previous generations or in the past. Especially Catholic/Christian individual says that well...they make nonsense out of themselves for saying like this in a negative way just because thousand and thousands years ago people had done terrible things and nowadays the people are doing the same terrible things. I don't see the point of this from their POV/mindset.

It was not thousand and thousand years ago. That was almost over 500 years in South America and North America when the White men came to the shores in their big boats. Like Columbus, they were not very kind to our Native ancestors, either. They got help from our Native ancestors because the White sailors and maybe some women (if they were ever there with them) got hungry. They don't know how to survive in the wilderness. So the Natives had to teach them how to fish and planted corns and other crops.

Every Fall, they, the Natives, had thanked the Creator for their crops that they had planted. That is their way of thanking the Creator every day. The Whites took that symbol of Thanksgiving with food that the Natives brought to them. It is not the same like the modern Thanksgiving. Our Native ancestors did not have turkey but many other native foods to bring on the table so that the Whites and some of the Natives can have good food to eat without worry about starving to death. But then things change because the Whites have been abusing the Natives and tried to take their lands away from them.

The Natives were here first and the Whites did not show any respect to them for their hospitality just because they came over and wanted freedom and grabbed any thing they wanted to steal and murdered many Native people like that. That was a very cruel behavior of the White people, even the Pilgrims. You don't know the stories. The textbooks at elementary and high school were wrong on this. Those are lies from that textbooks. I bet you that most history were being covered up to make them believe that this is true which it is not. :(

Right now in terms of realistic big picture look at humanity on earth we are doing pretty good. Not to deny the bad. Its there. It will be a while beforre the world view calms back to what it was shortly before George W. Bush and friends came on board. Oh well here they come again. simplistic answers beating the drums and screw up everything. The real pirates are back and we are going to be seeing some bad but not yet. Its coming. Sorry.

Totally agree with you. If many people thought or felt like that, then like someone said, maybe they need to stop watching so much tv or being on FB too much.

Note: I asked my friend who forwarded this to several of us in FB messenger what was the point of that? So far, no reply. Makes me wonder if my friend feels the same way too. If she feels that way, then I will point out several good points made out in this thread . :hmm:

Wars between USA and Canada were terrible and it was not the fault of our Natives starting the war at all. It was the government and/or military who wanted to get rid of women and children including old people. Town people really don't like Natives and trying to point fingers at them for starting the violence and making them bad Natives or Indians.

We had many wars and deaths both in Canada and USA including USA boarding schools (in Canada, residential schools) which the teachers and principals have done lots of damage to their self esteems and their traditional languages.

In the past in Canada, a bunch of Native children in some schools were murdered by the people who work at the residential schools to make room for more other Native children. That mean the nuns and priests were trying to take the Native children away from their parents and family (their homes). The Native children were never send back to their parents if there were more Native children coming into the residential schools. A lot of Native children suffered being punish over speaking their traditional languages and clothing and sexual abused by them. They had to put up with this and this is what made them be like the white person.

So I don't know if the USA boarding schools were almost like Canada residential schools.

Most of our people throughout the reservations and First Nations are having lots of problem with White governments in trying to make their lives better but they were poor and need help with their needs including jobs. There were not enough jobs on most reservations and reserves. Some of the Natives moved to big cities for removal relocation which was not working out that good. Those were back in the 1950s. Some came back to the reservations (their home). Life is hard for them when being confront by White people. We will never get over it like some White people tell us to get over the past. We just can not. :(

EDIT: Also many children on every reservations and First Nations were being forced to be adopted into White homes (again being forced to be taken away from families). That take the cake when we get pissed off at the Children Welfare for taking them. The Children had no choice. It was hurting them very badly. :(

Bebonang, I am so sorry for the plight of the native Americans. It makes me sad every time I listen to their stories of oppression.

Your history is very interesting and not heard enough, most of us know very little about the injustices heaped upon the natives.

Bless you!

Back