Hiding Places for a Spare House Key?....

plant a fake sprinkler on your grass or backyard. ha

hideakey-l.jpg

I've never given any of my neighbors my house key...and would not accept theirs either...only in case of an emergency when I needed them to go into my home (or no one else (family) was not there...then I would tell them (the neighbor) where the spare key was hidden...but only after I would try to call "the family" first....It hasn't happened yet tho'....

It can cause a lot of heartache if something was missing..and of course, blame the neithbor for taking it....

use your pet's collar carry a spare key? hehe

a+dogs+collar+can+be+a+great+place+to+hide+a+spare+house+key_3514_800900398_0_0_7006863_500.jpg

ge-accesspoint-001413-keysafe-original-2-key-slimline-pushbutton-combination-key-box-white-image-003.jpg

$%28KGrHqN,!oUFDCIENIZwBRC+%2893,Tw~~60_35.JPG

I use to my Key Safe Lock Box on my shed.

and my spare key card in my wallet for my car.
key-card.jpg

RO-80007a.jpg

plastic keys in a wallet? or leaving spare keys in the wallet? That's stupid...what if you lose your wallet or it gets stolen? Your drivers license has your address and you are inviting the thieves to get in your house with no trouble.
Another problem with coded door locks or key lock box is what if your kids shady friends see the code being punch in? Can you imagine them shady kids helping themselves inside when there is no one home?

how about this, if you dont have dogs, do your own do outside, repeat 2 more times to make it bigger, then hide a plastic bag-wrapped spare key under that...
human dos smell more vicious and would really put of those who Might peak under dog's dos

plastic keys in a wallet? or leaving spare keys in the wallet? That's stupid...what if you lose your wallet or it gets stolen? Your drivers license has your address and you are inviting the thieves to get in your house with no trouble.
Another problem with coded door locks or key lock box is what if your kids shady friends see the code being punch in? Can you imagine them shady kids helping themselves inside when there is no one home?

I use to my Logitech Alert security cameras at home then report to police. Also, my safe key box can change re-code.

logitech_alert_750e_1.jpg

logitech2-gadling-bumper.png

alert--mobile-web-commander-glamour-images.png

I've never given any of my neighbors my house key...and would not accept theirs either...only in case of an emergency when I needed them to go into my home (or no one else (family) was not there...then I would tell them (the neighbor) where the spare key was hidden...but only after I would try to call "the family" first....It hasn't happened yet tho'....

It can cause a lot of heartache if something was missing..and of course, blame the neithbor for taking it....

How about your car/truck/SUV does have a towing?

pajero_access_lg_towbar_hitch_cover.jpg

HitchSafe-HS7000T-Key-Vault-Hitch-Safe-300x250.jpg

3d3b7d5d68132cc424920deb43e754bb_L.jpg

...Another problem with coded door locks or key lock box is what if your kids shady friends see the code being punch in? Can you imagine them shady kids helping themselves inside when there is no one home?
You are assuming that all kids have shady friends, and that other people are present when using the coded lock.

Also, if you feel that the code has been compromised, it can easily be changed.

How about your car/truck/SUV does have a towing?

pajero_access_lg_towbar_hitch_cover.jpg

HitchSafe-HS7000T-Key-Vault-Hitch-Safe-300x250.jpg

3d3b7d5d68132cc424920deb43e754bb_L.jpg
That's pretty cool. It might be a good idea for work site parking. Just remember to park outside the locked garage at home. :)

At our church, we have a separate building with a guest suite for visiting missionaries, evangelists, and families with kids undergoing cancer treatments at the local children's hospital. Hubby and I are responsible for its upkeep. The church used to leave a key under the outside planter for late arrivals. It was a very bad system. The key was always dirty and wet, and sometimes the departing guests forgot to put the key back. It was also the key to the padlock on the drive-thru gate, so they had to park outside the campus, walk to the suite building, get the key, walk back to the gate, and then drive in.

So, we suggested switching to a key coded lock on the suite door. It's been a perfect solution. One code for the guest opens the drive-thru gate combination lock, the front door to the suite, and the access to the suite's WIFI. We can also change the code periodically. The church office can give the code over the phone to late arrivals.

I keep a spare house key in the car and a spare car key in the backyard.

This way, a stranger who finds the key in the backyard will waste their time trying the key on my door. I suppose said stranger might steal my car, but I am home when the car is home, and my bedroom is very close to the driveway, so it is more likely that the police will catch the car thieves, as opposed to a bugler who could get into my house, shoot me, and get away with all of my stuff.

But also, in case I lock my keys in the car, I have some way to get back into the car.

Or: if I step out of my house without my keys, I can go into the car to use the spare house key. Since I live in the suburbs, I can't go anywhere without my car, so when I'm home, the car is home too.

I keep a spare house key in the car and a spare car key in the backyard.

This way, a stranger who finds the key in the backyard will waste their time trying the key on my door. I suppose said stranger might steal my car, but I am home when the car is home, and my bedroom is very close to the driveway, so it is more likely that the police will catch the car thieves, as opposed to a bugler who could get into my house, shoot me, and get away with all of my stuff.

But also, in case I lock my keys in the car, I have some way to get back into the car.

Or: if I step out of my house without my keys, I can go into the car to use the spare house key. Since I live in the suburbs, I can't go anywhere without my car, so when I'm home, the car is home too.

:dizzy:

My husband got one of those little magnet holders for keys and put the house key in there. but hid it in our mothin lite its magnetic and if anyone trying to go there the light come on . and unless you know its there you'd never find it..

We have a deadbolt on the front door but a keypad in the back. We also have a keypad on our garage door and, within the garage, we have hidden a spare key for the deadbolt. At our lake property we have a keypad key safe. I find it comforting to know that, if someone needs to access either property, all it takes is a phone call to relay the current code.

My family has a fake rock that we bought at a tool store. The back opens up and you can put your key in there. We disguise it with other rocks and plants.

One time my brother lost the key and he was trying to get in the house. (The rest of us were out) We had to call our neighbor who is a secret serviceman to go on a ladder through the window. Always keep extra keys!

Back