Hi :)

My mom didnt refile the right papers on time and so I got denied but when I was accepted they told me they dont cover it so finally after a realllly long time I am old enough and have enough saved to get my own insurance that does cover it :)

it is very pretty hope be save money wise on your decision! I hope be you save on enough :)

Welcome to AD, I have approved your original thread and will merge the first intro thread to here. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. It does not matter what you prefer to use for yourself. If you feel like saying "I am hard of hearing (HOH)". Being Hard Of Hearing is not that bad if you happen to have a mild hearing loss or moderate hearing loss. If you lose your hearing loss at the age of 10 years old back then, then you are late deafened. Nothing to be ashame of it. For me, I am really happy and proud of myself as a Deaf woman.

Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi Li, I too am HOH. I grew up using hearing aids but never liked the label "HOH" because it made me feel like there was something wrong with me. But society be damned, I finally accepted that I am HOH/Deaf and I never looked back. The transition takes time and does get easier, especially after college. Take your time and keep coming back here! and... Welcome to ALLDEAF!

Welcome!

I consider myself hard of hearing -- I don't see anything wrong with that personally.

Technically, I'm probably am deaf, but that's a identity shift I'm working on at the moment. :)

Back