Hi :)

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Li.I'm 19, Im from California.I've been H.o.H in my right ear since I was 10. I DONT know ASL.I was never given the opportunity to be taught ASL :(, but now that Im in college I can take ASL classes and learn like I always wanted to. I don't like when people use the phrase Hard of hearing, I find it truly offensive so I prefer H.O.H. ... Im just here to find friends,nothing more or less.Please feel free to message me. :)

I guess my posting didnt get posted :/

I posted my hello entry earlier today but I guess it didnt go through cause I didnt see it...So Hi again,I'm Li.I'm 19, Im from California.I've been H.o.H in my right ear since I was 10.I DONT know ASL :( .I didnt get the opportunity to learn it when I was little, but nw that I'm in College I can learn ASL like I always wanted to...and I don't like when people use the phrase Hard of hearing, I find it truly offensive so I prefer H.O.H. Im just here to find friends nothing more and nothing less...

:hmm: Theres even a sign for hard hearing. May be a little difficult for you if it bothers you.

I kind of like that sign.. But I am different. :)

you want prefer hearing of hard? you want to search posts I probably

OP

ad support to you :)

I don't quite understand what you mean...could you please elaborate?

Why does hard of hearing bother you? It's used a lot, and you will probably need to sign it when you are taking ASL or if you go out and meet people.

It's perfectly acceptable.

Why does hard of hearing bother you? It's used a lot, and you will probably need to sign it when you are taking ASL or if you go out and meet people.

It's perfectly acceptable.

I know that I will have to sign it out when I start taking my classes next semester which I don't have a problem with...but I still find it offensive because I would get teased by it by some people who implied it to being something else...the people who would tease me about it were implying that I was stupid because I would have to have them repeat what they were saying because I couldnt hear all of what they were saying. :/

I know that I will have to sign it out when I start taking my classes next semester which I don't have a problem with...but I still find it offensive because I would get teased by it by some people who implied it to being something else...the people who would tease me about it were implying that I was stupid because I would have to have them repeat what they were saying because I couldnt hear all of what they were saying. :/

it is very pretty interesting

you hearing or deaf,
where you from :)

how old ur :lol:

match your person I guess!

I am considered H.o.H...im stuck in between :( I can hear in my left ear but I lost my hearing in my right ear when I was 10...I woke up with blood pouring out of my ear when I was asleep and my mom had to take me to the ER...I couldnt afford a hearing aid cause its not covered by my insurance so I never got one and Im 19 and y didnt it letting me reply?....

I am considered H.o.H...im stuck in between :( I can hear in my left ear but I lost my hearing in my right ear when I was 10...I woke up with blood pouring out of my ear when I was asleep and my mom had to take me to the ER...I couldnt afford a hearing aid cause its not covered by my insurance so I never got one and Im 19 and y didnt it letting me reply?....
wow that is surprised difficult to communication! I Understand surprised,

oh no what is happened on your insurance! complication your hearing aid because! if suppposed on insurance!

My mom didnt refile the right papers on time and so I got denied but when I was accepted they told me they dont cover it so finally after a realllly long time I am old enough and have enough saved to get my own insurance that does cover it :)

Be proud who you are!!!! Deaf/HOH is awesome!!!!

I posted my hello entry earlier today but I guess it didnt go through cause I didnt see it...So Hi again,I'm Li.I'm 19, Im from California.I've been H.o.H in my right ear since I was 10.I DONT know ASL :( .I didnt get the opportunity to learn it when I was little, but nw that I'm in College I can learn ASL like I always wanted to...and I don't like when people use the phrase Hard of hearing, I find it truly offensive so I prefer H.O.H. Im just here to find friends nothing more and nothing less...

Nice to meet you Angel. That was one of my nicknames growing up. :h5:

Well it was nice meeting all of you but I am going to go to bed now I have school tomorrow Good night :)

Back