hi!

zoomzipboom

Reaction score
i have never posted on a forum before... i hope i am doing this right. :) haha fingers crossed. :D so hi, my name is Nora. i am 26, hearing female. i am learing ASL. i was hoping to find some friends and maybe get some help with signing. i have a web cam, not the best but it'll do. i thought maybe if someone wanted to chat via webcam that would be cool. :) i am learning from some books i rented from the library but it is nice to have the expierance of interacting with people to help me learn. i would apprietiate it so much. :) looking forward to meeting you guys. have an awesome day! :D

Yes!! First post :P

Welcome to AD Nora, I don't know any ASL unfortunately, so I'll be little help there but I can stand in for some random chatting occasionally :P

hey you guys, thanks for the friendly vibes and the hellos. and yeah i too would love to chat with anyone anytime. :D

Welcome!! I'm hearing and learning ASL as well... I'd like to chat via webcam! I've used MSN, Yahoo, Gmail & I have Skype, but haven't tried it yet...

haha oh no, i think it is you who will have to be patient with me. i truly just started. 4 days of studying and i learned the asl alphabet and over 130 words, which i am super happy about :) yay! but that is where i am at. but i am a quick learner when it comes to language so i am sure i will get good fast. :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting while you are learning about us, Deafies. See you around. :wave:

Welcome to AD! That's great that you're learning ASL on your own, but also a big challenge as well. Is there a community college nearby from which you can take classes? Learning ASL in a class is a lot of fun and very effective. I just took intensive summer classes and it was a blast!

:wave:, zoomzipboom, I kinda already said hey because I wrote to you about other thread - but :wave: and welcome again anyway:D

u check out any Deaf Coffee in your area?

dogmom, deaf coffee?
please do explain. i was unaware that coffee could be hard of hearing. ;) huh... well i guess you learn something new everyday. hee hee
just kidding. what is it actually? :)

thewritealex,
yes there is a community college in my city, but alas i hve no money... :( but that is the plan eventually. i wanna be a "terp" as they say.

oh and dogmom, no i haven't been to any yet. the closest one right now is a few hours away, but i will have to go sometime. :)

Heyya, Zoom.

Glad to see you made your way to AllDeaf. It is awesome that you want to learn ASL. Hope you have fun posting here. You got some neat ideas going on in that grey matters of yours. :)

hey souggy. :)
i am glad i made it here too and yes i am having fun. :D i am learning asl pretty fast. it is a lot of fun. i am on a mission to find how to say "toad." i know frog but not toad.
it is not in my books and i haven't found it online yet.
perhaps you know... though i am not sure how easy it would be to explain on here, but maybe it would be. :)
oh and i am glad you like the neat thoughts in my grey matter. :) i like them too. hee hee. ;)

Back