Hi, I'm Dave.

Making an official welcome in here. Just watch where you step. Or if you wear boots, step on it anyways.

Hey, thanks kokonut! I guess us small government folks are in the minority here?

I just registered, but I've been browsing through this forum for a while.

I just turned 36 this month. I'm hearing, and currently enrolled in an ASL class for no other reason than I just felt like it.

I learned to finger spell at the age of 13 because I had a neighbor who was deaf. She was awesome and taught me basic signs, the first being the curse words because, hey, I was young after all. So I was at an advantage at the beginning of classes.

I am glad to read that although I see the term "deaf community" used, that many of you here are absolute individuals with a VERY diverse set of opinions.

It's very refreshing and I wish the rest of my class would focus a little more on the individualism aspect.

I hope I can use this board to ask questions that I can not ask my ASL teacher due to my minimal communication skills, or questions that I may feel uncomfortable asking in person.

As a side note: I played in a very loud band for a number of years and have developed tinnitus as a result because I didn't protect my ears. As years go by it seems like it gets worse, so maybe ASL will be more useful than I imagined.

I also have epilepsy. Anybody else have seizures here?

Thanks,
Dave.

My son had grand mal seizures.

BTW...welcome, and I enjoyed our debate this evening!:wave:

I just registered, but I've been browsing through this forum for a while.

I just turned 36 this month. I'm hearing, and currently enrolled in an ASL class for no other reason than I just felt like it.

I learned to finger spell at the age of 13 because I had a neighbor who was deaf. She was awesome and taught me basic signs, the first being the curse words because, hey, I was young after all. So I was at an advantage at the beginning of classes.

I am glad to read that although I see the term "deaf community" used, that many of you here are absolute individuals with a VERY diverse set of opinions.

It's very refreshing and I wish the rest of my class would focus a little more on the individualism aspect.

I hope I can use this board to ask questions that I can not ask my ASL teacher due to my minimal communication skills, or questions that I may feel uncomfortable asking in person.

As a side note: I played in a very loud band for a number of years and have developed tinnitus as a result because I didn't protect my ears. As years go by it seems like it gets worse, so maybe ASL will be more useful than I imagined.

I also have epilepsy. Anybody else have seizures here?

Thanks,
Dave.

:wave:

what state do you reside in?

Hi HH Scientist!

Tinnitus has been something of an issue with me for about 5 or so years. I used to have a non stop ringing, including during the day. Now it's pretty much just at night, and at nighttime it seems worse as years go by if that makes any sense.

Because of epilepsy, lack of sleep is a big trigger for me and I've always been an insomniac in the first place! Oh well...

Nice to meet you, see you around the board!

My tinnitus is very mild and does not cause any discomfort. I have had it all my life. As a child, I sometimes experienced periods of annoyingly high levels of tinnitus and bad hearing. It came and went away repeatedly. It still happens to me, but not very frequently, once every 2-5 years perhaps. Nonetheless, I find it SO hard to communicate with other people and SO hard to sleep when it occurs.

See you around too on S/S All Deaf or whatever the name of this boat is.

welcome.

my good friend's husband has epilespy. He must have medicine everyday if without it then he would end up get seizures. I have no experience but a few friends of mine do.

welcome.

my good friend's husband has epilespy. He must have medicine everyday if without it then he would end up get seizures. I have no experience but a few friends of mine do.

Hi Frisky Feline :wave: Nice to meet you.

I also need medication daily. I still have seizures with it, but much less. Thanks for welcoming me!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I used to have grand mal seizure long time ago when I was very young (not sure if I was born with it) (of course, I had to take medications) but thank heaven, that I stopped having epilepsy at 21 years old. I am very much free for many years after that. Whew!!!! :D

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back