Hi i need help

leegrace7713

Reaction score
Hi im looking for a friend that can teach me how to sign because my doctor told me that she predicts i will be deaf within a year and im worried. i just today got on this website i dont know how to use it so i was wondering if we could like be friends on facebook or twiter and message their i just need a friend. my parents dont know yet and im just worried.

Hi im looking for a friend that can teach me how to sign because my doctor told me that she predicts i will be deaf within a year and im worried. i just today got on this website i dont know how to use it so i was wondering if we could like be friends on facebook or twiter and message their i just need a friend. my parents dont know yet and im just worried.

What reason does your doctor give for making that prediction?

well she said that i listen to music loud
And so does the other 98% of the young crowds. I hear people's car radio from my computer room on the second floor with my A/C running. I can feel their bass from their car stereo. I think we all listened to music loud in our younger years, but that doesn't mean you will loose your hearing. Unless you are around loud noises 24/7 for 30+ years then I can understand your doctor's statement. But from looking at your picture, you are young and I doubt that's the issue.

I myself am curious why your doctor would make such claim without anything to back up her statement. Did she send you to an ENT? If not, she's making a wild assumption.

No she didn't. It was weird, but I'm 15 in august I'll be 16, but I've had problems with my ears before with fluid in the since I was 2 years old.

This is confusing. According to your profile, you are deaf already.

How old are you?

I'm not deaf yet my doctor told me in about a year there's a 90% chance I will be I have no clue how and I'm 15 turning 16 in august

I'm not a musician I don't play an instrument I listen to the radio my doctor was guessing she doesn't know I have to go back and take more test

I think you need to tell your parents about this issue. So they are aware of the situation. If you are loosing your hearing, it is a life changing thing.

I personally also think you should go to an ENT and get your ears checked for what type of ear infection you have. Sounds like you get them often. Along with getting an Audiology Exam. They would be better understand if you would loose your hearing or not. Every ear infection is different, some can cause hearing loss, others don't. Find out which one and gather more information. Right now I think your doctor is assuming with absolutely nothing backing up her statement.

I'm not deaf yet my doctor told me in about a year there's a 90% chance I will be I have no clue how and I'm 15 turning 16 in august
Then why does your profile say that you are deaf now?

Have you even had your hearing tested by an audiologist?

No I haven't I just got home but that will be tomorrow I'll go there. I put that I was deaf 1. I wanted to feel accepted. 2. I'm having a hard time taking in that my doctor said to me I might become deaf in a year.

i am confused, but like Reba said go get it checked out by an audiologist first to make sure that really is the trueful case of what your doctor said.

sweetie no one said they did, we are just trying to figure out whats going on and trying to help you out

I'm sorry if you guys don't like me

No one said they did not like you . People can be very blunt here but do not let get to you. I tried to post a comment in the OP thread about ASL but I was not allow to it said I did not post enough comments yet . HUH?? What was that all about??

Back