Hi! I am new here. :)

If you take the time and read a lot of our stories you will see that being deaf has a lot of drawbacks. Younger deaf people struggle in school, frustrated because people just don't know how to deal with deaf students. Trying to find employment can be a challenge. I myself lost all of my hearing overnight total loss. Just think of all the things you can't do because you can't hear anymore. No phone calls, no movies, concerts, music, watching tv with close captioning is not the greatest. You have to relearn a way to communicate with all of your family, friends and co-workers. Even if you did learn sign language, everyone around you probably will not. Lets say you go shopping and you need assistance, well you don't hear and they don't sign. It gets to be a big hassle. If you want to be deaf because you just want to live in a silent world....well there is this terrible issue called tinnitus that a lot of deaf people get. It is never, ever quiet for me. The noises in my head are crazy loud, they prevent me from sleeping every single night.

So wanting to be deaf, is one things, but actually being deaf is hard work, a lot of hard work.

Salam Kubrakalos, How's life in Turkey? Don't worry about all those comments above. I think it all boils down to simple misunderstanding right from the beginning. You need to improve your English skills a bit and avoid using words or asking questions that may sound offensive to some deaf people. Just hang around in AllDeaf site and see how users chat and communicate to each other. Am sure you will make some good friends with deaf and hoh people on this site.
I am from India and I have always been interested in Turkish culture and history. :)
Since you asked the question what do I do in free time. Well, I eat, sleep, wank, play a game of cricket, video games and so on!! :-p
Cheers and Khoda Hafez

Thank yoylu for your comments. I will think when I write :)
You know Turkey is developing country and some important topics aren't handled by goventment like but expect whole politic situations Turkey is awesome country. Its geography,traditional activities are so good. :)

Sent from my Discovery using AllDeaf App mobile app

If you take the time and read a lot of our stories you will see that being deaf has a lot of drawbacks. Younger deaf people struggle in school, frustrated because people just don't know how to deal with deaf students. Trying to find employment can be a challenge. I myself lost all of my hearing overnight total loss. Just think of all the things you can't do because you can't hear anymore. No phone calls, no movies, concerts, music, watching tv with close captioning is not the greatest. You have to relearn a way to communicate with all of your family, friends and co-workers. Even if you did learn sign language, everyone around you probably will not. Lets say you go shopping and you need assistance, well you don't hear and they don't sign. It gets to be a big hassle. If you want to be deaf because you just want to live in a silent world....well there is this terrible issue called tinnitus that a lot of deaf people get. It is never, ever quiet for me. The noises in my head are crazy loud, they prevent me from sleeping every single night.

So wanting to be deaf, is one things, but actually being deaf is hard work, a lot of hard work.

Thank you for your informations. I just want silent world but I never thought like this. I won different perspective about this situation by you. Thanks a lot again...

Sent from my Discovery using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back