Hi! I am new here. :)

I just want to learn it because I think it is like living in peace and I generally argue that being deaf is easier than being hearing.

Sent from my Discovery using AllDeaf App mobile app

HUH ??? You said you are hearing so you have no idea what it's like to be deaf or hoh ! I did not find it easier failing my classes in grade school b/c I could not hear the teacher. There is nothing easy about being HOH to me ,
I guess there is one thing , if you had this in front of me I would not had heard this crazy idea.

HUH ??? You said you are hearing so you have no idea what it's like to be deaf or hoh ! I did not find it easier failing my classes in grade school b/c I could not hear the teacher. There is nothing easy about being HOH to me ,
I guess there is one thing , if you had this in front of me I would not had heard this crazy idea.

Maybe you right but it is just my believe.

If you really want to come on here and learn than have an open mind and listen to what deaf and hard of hearing people tell you , as opposed staying with your own beliefs.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very happy you are a deaf advocate as you support a campaign for them [What campaign is this?], think they have it better, and learning TSL, and your heart is for the deaf. . .

I think I'm more enthralled to the fact that you feel so in tune with the deaf. . . but you've never met one.

I see it as a bunch of little kids around the dinner table eating and enjoying raw broccoli and they are all saying they love it and they truly do. and you're the only one who has it on your plate and still hasn't taken a bite at it, but you are heavily part of the conversation with all the little kids saying you love broccoli just as much. . . but you are still vouching for broccoli just like everyone else. . . . but you still haven't tasted it.

Did my analogy make any sense? :facepalm:
i'm just so confused. :-o

p.s. I like broccoli. . . in a literal sense.

If you really want to come on here and learn than have an open mind and listen to what deaf and hard of hearing people tell you , as opposed staying with your own beliefs.

Ok I am totally ready and I open my mind to learn and break my wrong beliefs.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very happy you are a deaf advocate as you support a campaign for them [What campaign is this?], think they have it better, and learning TSL, and your heart is for the deaf. . .

I think I'm more enthralled to the fact that you feel so in tune with the deaf. . . but you've never met one.

I see it as a bunch of little kids around the dinner table eating and enjoying raw broccoli and they are all saying they love it and they truly do. and you're the only one who has it on your plate and still hasn't taken a bite at it, but you are heavily part of the conversation with all the little kids saying you love broccoli just as much. . . but you are still vouching for broccoli just like everyone else. . . . but you still haven't tasted it.

Did my analogy make any sense? :facepalm:
i'm just so confused. :-o

p.s. I like broccoli. . . in a literal sense.

The campaign about adding subtitle and translator on TV. I collect signature from people. You imagine it, this kind of easy things become huge events in Turkey. I feel sensitive according to more unaware people.

well that's new to me. I thought CC was global in the 70s, but its only in the US. Thank you, I learned something new today. Keep up with the campaign, its not just a need, its a MUST. hope it is successful.

well that's new to me. I thought CC was global in the 70s, but its only in the US. Thank you, I learned something new today. Keep up with the campaign, its not just a need, its a MUST. hope it is successful.

Thank you for your good wishes. I hope we will be successful. :)

Maybe you right but it is just my believe.

Wow, that is being very close minded , how can you form any believe about being deaf or hoh when you are hearing ?? I call this being arrogant more than anything.

Wow, that is being very close minded , how can you form any believe about being deaf or hoh when you are hearing ?? I call this being arrogant more than anything.

Oh my God! If you met me, you would see what kind of person who I am. However I believe you can have some ideas about me when I fill my time here. :)

Actually my question's purpose was "what is your hobbies?" How it can be hard like this?

In addition why I am curious about deaf culture? Because when I learned to hearing are named by deaf, I adore this idea and you must be honest it is different. I want to learn something like this.

I generally argue that being deaf is easier than being hearing.

Well the only advantage I see with being deaf is that you can concentrate easily since you don't have sounds to distract you. But other than that it gets hard when you take into account communication. Just try going to a store and ask an associate where the milk is. If you can't hear or understand that person you have to get out a pen and paper. I don't know about you but that's harder than just talking.

If I were you, do a google on the struggles of the deaf. There are lots of blogs, youtube videos, etc..

Here's a link I found that might help your understanding of the issues: Impact Of Hearing Loss On Partners, Affect Of Deafness On Family

Actually my question's purpose was "what is your hobbies?" How it can be hard like this?

The problem is that deaf people don't all fit into a certain personality type. We don't all have the same hobbies nor do we have the same interests. It's not like we are in some secret club where we all like to play scrabble.

Some members here like turbo charged cars, some like movies, some like motorcycles (me included), some like travel, etc.... It's what Mewtilation was trying to say earlier, we are all people like you except we just can't hear that well.

In other words, just imagine a forum full of kubrakalos except everyone can't hear well.

The problem is that deaf people don't all fit into a certain personality type. We don't all have the same hobbies nor do we have the same interests. It's not like we are in some secret club where we all like to play scrabble.

Some members here like turbo charged cars, some like movies, some like motorcycles (me included), some like travel, etc.... It's what Mewtilation was trying to say earlier, we are all people like you except we just can't hear that well.

In other words, just imagine a forum full of kubrakalos except everyone can't hear well.

Well the only advantage I see with being deaf is that you can concentrate easily since you don't have sounds to distract you. But other than that it gets hard when you take into account communication. Just try going to a store and ask an associate where the milk is. If you can't hear or understand that person you have to get out a pen and paper. I don't know about you but that's harder than just talking.

If I were you, do a google on the struggles of the deaf. There are lots of blogs, youtube videos, etc..

Here's a link I found that might help your understanding of the issues: Impact Of Hearing Loss On Partners, Affect Of Deafness On Family

I am glad to know these information which I learn by you. Couple of years ago I recognize my lack about sign language. I ask myself why I don't know. After that I procured a book which contain TSL words. I try to memorize words and song which is translate by sign language translater. Now, I mention sign language and its importance to people who I met and I am going to start certificated cource in a month for improving my TSL. In addition my purpose about join this blog is just to be friend with you because I have met any deaf in my life.I have clear aim really but some guy prejudged me maybe it causes my English. I don't know. I feel sad because I try to be polite people whoever they are. I make an effort to meet you and I wait to be done the same.

Salam Kubrakalos, How's life in Turkey? Don't worry about all those comments above. I think it all boils down to simple misunderstanding right from the beginning. You need to improve your English skills a bit and avoid using words or asking questions that may sound offensive to some deaf people. Just hang around in AllDeaf site and see how users chat and communicate to each other. Am sure you will make some good friends with deaf and hoh people on this site.
I am from India and I have always been interested in Turkish culture and history. :)
Since you asked the question what do I do in free time. Well, I eat, sleep, wank, play a game of cricket, video games and so on!! :-p
Cheers and Khoda Hafez

Back