Hi from Kentuky

beckylingo

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and i've got a hearing impaired husband and deaf 15 year old boy. i'm hoping to pick up some asl slang or lingo because I really can't understand half of the things my teenager has been saying the past 3 years. :lol:

Hi and welcome here.

Whatcha wanna do your first visit here?
We're really an online community of deaf, HH (hard of hearing) and ASL interpretors alike, along with hearing people on here. We talk everyday like the chatter at starbucks about just anything.

Curious question for you: Were you able to go through O.K. in the recent Kentucky ice storm?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Whaaa? there is a ice storm in Kentucky. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay :)

:wave: Chips Ahoy and welcome aboard Ms Becky and family, from upstate Floriduh on the right coast.
beckylingo said:
... I really can't understand half of the things my teenager has been saying the past 3 years.
Ms Becky, maybe, you don't wanna know! :giggle: Maybe. :)

I'm new to the board and i've got a hearing impaired husband and deaf 15 year old boy. i'm hoping to pick up some asl slang or lingo because I really can't understand half of the things my teenager has been saying the past 3 years. :lol:

Hello,

It's nice to see another Kentuckian on this forum. :)

Have you thought about taking up an ASL Classes that are provided at Eastern Kentucky University or at University of Louisville?

There are also many different ways to be able to pick up on the lingoes or slang by being able to inter react with other deaf people at various deaf events.

Just a curiosity - Whereabouts in Kentucky are you at?

Hello and welcome to AD. I've posted some info on Julietixx's intro thread. Here's a link for KY School for the Deaf. I noticed the link and video for Deaf idioms in the center. Good luck.

KSD

Last edited:
Welcome to Alldeaf
Oh, yeah my hearing impaired friend name is James from Kentuky :) hahah

I'm also new to this board and from Kentucky, Louisville area. I have a 7-year-old daughter who is Deaf.

Louisville

Hello,

It's nice to see another Kentuckian on this forum. :)

Have you thought about taking up an ASL Classes that are provided at Eastern Kentucky University or at University of Louisville?

There are also many different ways to be able to pick up on the lingoes or slang by being able to inter react with other deaf people at various deaf events.

Just a curiosity - Whereabouts in Kentucky are you at?

Louisville is phasing out the ASL classes. When I went to the site they were referring all of their students to EKU.

Back