Hi! Anyone diabetic? Im one.

whiteowlie

Reaction score
HI all,
Im am new here. I seek other diabetic members here. Im female and 56 years old. I have been diagnosed as a diabetic since 2006. I would like to to connect with other diabetic ones to chat about stuff.
Thanks !
Whiteowlie

Welcome to AllDeaf! :) I don't have any diabetes, but hopefully there will be any ADer's members who have diabetes will see this thread.

I do. I only take pills for that. I don't want to start the insulin shots. I had a dog who was diabetic so I don't want to go down that road.

Type 1

Type 1 diabetic since 2003, diagnosed three months after my 30th birthday.

Welcome!.....ahhh, would someone give any info. about diabetes? The warning symptoms, etc.

I don't have it, but have a friend that does, she takes shots....I can't deal with needles!..She tried to "show me" what she had to do, but I freeked out and told her "no way". So, she's never told me how she acquired diabetes, but I do know she is constantly watching her weight and blood sugar.

You can still get Type 1 when you're older - it's named 'Juvenile' diabetes because, unfortunately, it tends to make itself known as a genetic disease then. My father has Type 2 diabetes, and I had a few old friends who had Type 1.

Regarding warning symptoms, any credible health sites can help - but excess urination, headaches, dizzy spells, etc are common symptoms.

The best way to find out is to go to a doctor (or pharmacy at the least) and talk with someone there. You generally need to get blood-glucose tests done to confirm (you can do these yourself informally with test machines from pharmacies).

These are Aussie sites, but give them a look-over!
www.diabetesaustralia.com.au
www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Diabetes

Or even try
www.diabetes.org/

Amitofu, rockin'robin!

Welcome to AD. Diabetics do run in my family. I do keep tabs on it since I am at high risk. Due the genetic factors and my eating habits.

so far so good.

Hello :) Hope you find someone who similar with your diabetic!

I had gestational diabetes, which means I only had it when I was pregnant, but have been told it may return permanently when I'm older.

I am bringing up this thread because there is one thing I am very curious so I hope you would forgive me for what I am about to ask you guys....I know that the type II problem could be in the duodenal (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/555171) and that food in the stomach is green and it turns brown as it moves along down the intestine. The question is does all of you guys experienced green BM like I do? I don't mean dark green but medium green. I first noticed it back in college and it was like that for a month. I am sure you understand why I want to ask this question as I want to see if it is related to diabetes (type 2). Thanks.

i have type 2 diabetic

i had type 2 since year of 2001 so i take pills for mine too i am 51 years old so at least i have lost lots of weight since then so back in 2001 i weight 226 now i am weight 176 so i am happy to lose weight and becareful what i eat too

Back