Hi! Anyone diabetic? Im one.

Hi... Yeah i do have diabetic type 2 (taking metformin 500mg twice daily - pills) since 2008 and runs my family also (my uncle and aunt) but my mom is oppsite of that..... very low on blood sugar. And i lost weight too... And same year i have bone cancer and still in infusion therapy each monthly and might have to go through another year for the therapy....

Hi whitelow,

I have diabetic type 2 since 2002. Lucky I found it in time before it gets worst. I am on strict diet and exercise ( bad allergy kept me from exercise past few weeks) but no pills or insulins yet.

I am bringing up this thread because there is one thing I am very curious so I hope you would forgive me for what I am about to ask you guys....I know that the type II problem could be in the duodenal (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/555171) and that food in the stomach is green and it turns brown as it moves along down the intestine. The question is does all of you guys experienced green BM like I do? I don't mean dark green but medium green. I first noticed it back in college and it was like that for a month. I am sure you understand why I want to ask this question as I want to see if it is related to diabetes (type 2). Thanks.

I never has green bm. I am not sure if it is relate to diabetes. Hopefully it is not too serious.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope that I don't get that to be a diabetic. My sister found out she is diabetic Type 2 just a few months ago. I was shocked about it. It does not run in our families so maybe she has sweet tooth. She was fat and so am I. I have high blood pressure and need to take pills. :shock: Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hi, I am a Type 2 diabetic. I take insulin shots. I also suffer from neuropathy in both feet. I was taking pills before, but my body was rejecting the pills. I've had it now 10 years now. I am new as well by the way. Welcome.

my dad also had diabetic but im not sure how long he using i cant remind!! but i dont using diabetic im healthy

My A1C came back and it is within target range (below 6) which is very good. I want to know what are the signs that you need to get off the metformin? Someone I knew lost weight and was able to stop taking pills. I want to know what are the signs? I am not overweight but could use the exercise.

nope, but welcome! My foster brother has diabetes. He does not take care of himself well and I worry. I got him nice recipe books, help him get a doctor. Now, he eats all restaraunt food and is big - big - big sigh. He is 6 ft 3 and weighs 280. He has lost weight so I am happy for that.

:wave: and :welcome: to AllDeaf! :)

I am pre-diabetic myself. I have to watch what I am eating and also, I must exercise daily. It runs in my family.

Back