Hey hey I get news abt TongueOnFire (TOF/Fuzzy)

Liza said:
I feel bad about TOF.. I shed a few tears yesterday and today, too. I did not know her... she had some good tips on recipes... but I can also see she was much more to some of you...I respect that.

Sorry... Angel.. might take a few days to a week for her to pass away... if it's gonna starve her without the plug giving her nutrient or whatever. I also read that it's a painless death with the kidneys failing. Just hope that is so.

Starve her?... :squint:

Did her parents pulled the plug yet?....

LovelyBlkGal said:
Yes she is already died this monring so she is with god AJ

She did???....Oh God! :tears: ....

What happened LovelyBlkGal?...Did she just die after they pull the plug? what?

I'm sorry for asking questions but it's umm hard...I don't think I'm ready to accept she is really gone...

When the furneral ?..

^Angel^ said:
Starve her?... :squint:

Did her parents pulled the plug yet?....

I wish she had better chances at living. I learned from that Floridian gal.. Terri, that after one pulls the plug on a person in coma, the person starves to death. I would not want that to happen to TOF either. I don't understand the technicalities at this point on the kind of life support she was receiving. How'd she die so quickly after a day of the unpluggin'? I'm not sure I understand why her parents decided on ending that. Does anyone know more at this point?

RebelGirl said:
Tell Tweetybird to come over here and I'll give her a hug!!!!
hey girl, i will visit u someday.. right now i am at friend house... i still down and brokeheart.. sighs..

yeah FBG already told me that Tof is passed away .. it is hard to seeing her being gone :(

yeah i guess so already pulled the plug :(.. I wish she get other chance to keep alive. Now very Miss her so much as I love her as friend that she make us laugh alots that is really very sad *tear & cried* :( I am sure she will be in the heaven and no more suffering from the pains. I & we always will remember about Amanda aka TongueOfFire :(

MonkeyHead (love that word name she call me my nickname)

LovelyBlkGal said:
Yes she is already died this monring so she is with god AJ
oh man! sighs.. *more cry*i will put the a rose in river under bridge, pray for her...

yea good idea for put the pic of her here,... yea i has her pic in my disk... sigh.. i never forget her face was so SWEET.. sighs...

Yes I agree, it is VERY VERY hard to believe she is really gone :tears: ....I've been in crying last nite, this morning and now too.....She's a great friend to many and some of us have already met her in person and did spend alot of time with her....It hurts to lose a great friend, now it's going to take alot of time to heal but at least she is free from all the pains and suffering she went thru for so many years....I know now she is happy where she is at, with God!!

Rest in Peace Amanda, We love ya! :tears:.... :

I'll keep praying for her family because I know they're going thru some hard times now, but at least they know they did the right thing in their heart by letting Amanda go, so she can finally have peace!!!...

Thank you so much LovelyBlkGal for creating this thread in the memories of Amanda ( TOF )...I missed her already and I can't believe she is really gone too....

Rest in Peace Amanda!!.... :tears: ...We LOVE YA!!!!....

Fly HIGH and keep FLYING girl !! :(

TweetyBird said:
yea good idea for put the pic of her here,... yea i has her pic in my disk... sigh.. i never forget her face was so SWEET.. sighs...

Just a thought for anyone, why not share those pictures of her, to remember her, and her smiles and everything? I am sure she has the most wonderful smile and the most beautiful woman in AD... We will NEVER forget her... and her posts in AD...

i want to say something to TOF's family that I wanted to say My prayer are with the family. My consolences to the family. TOF... Now you are in heaven and those of us in ALLDeaf will meet you again someday in heaven. Rest in Peace, TOF. You will not be forgotten. We will always remember you forever in our hearts. :sadwave:

Rest in peace, Amanda. You will be missed. :sadwave:

Liza said:
I wish she had better chances at living. I learned from that Floridian gal.. Terri, that after one pulls the plug on a person in coma, the person starves to death. I would not want that to happen to TOF either. I don't understand the technicalities at this point on the kind of life support she was receiving. How'd she die so quickly after a day of the unpluggin'? I'm not sure I understand why her parents decided on ending that. Does anyone know more at this point?

Mayflower is a respiratory therapist. TOF didn’t starve like Terri Schiavo did. Since TOF’s heart had already failed, she died within a few minutes after they shut off the respirator. It was very easy and peaceful. Mayflower told me that what happens is that the heart rate gradually slows down from about 60 beats a minute to 50, then 40, then 30, and then when it reaches about 10 beats per minute the patient quickly and quietly slips away.

If anybody obtains Amanda’s parents’ snail mail address, please PM us with it.

Levonian said:
Mayflower is a respiratory therapist. TOF didn’t starve like Terri Schiavo did. Since TOF’s heart had already failed, she died within a few minutes after they shut off the respirator. It was very easy and peaceful. Mayflower told me that what happens is that the heart rate gradually slows down from about 60 beats a minute to 50, then 40, then 30, and then when it reaches about 10 beats per minute the patient quickly and quietly slips away.

If anybody obtains Amanda’s parents’ snail mail address, please PM us with it.

Your wife is right about that. It took my mom about 25 minutes after the shut off and a friend of mine who father have passed on within 18 hrs. :jaw:

:( I am so sorry she passed away. I know she's in no pain now and is with God.

sorry guys i didn't see this when i posted under the food/beverages section.. can you please merge my thread with this thread??? so we can remember how we knew her?? FROM HER FAMOUS RECIPES!!! HOW'S THAT!??? :(

Last edited:
All of these mentioned are very nice ideas to do in memory of TOF/Amanda....I will give out my contributions for her.

Back