Help!!!

LisaMarie

Reaction score
Hey you all! I NEEEEEED your help! I'm about to throwing my hubby's surprised 40th bday party in July. But I have no idea where or what kind i should throw.. so far i came up with camping resort. Since its in July and most of our friends lives up north about 2 hrs away from our hometown.. soo i thought if they come for one day then they wouldnt want to come since its a far away drive so i thought of camping.. give them to settle down for a wknd and spend time with us more rather than a day but but but ... i cant afford pay all sites... foods... and everything.. since my budget is really tight because we just bought a brand new house! we are builiding our house and itll be done in Aug or Sept. Need ur idea and advices!!!

It is TOUGH! I threw a surprise party for Augie last June (his bday was in May) and not many people show up. Oh, well! It was worth it to have about 10 people. :)

Camping sound like fun...explain to your friends that you can't afford pay the campsite...and ask for 'pot luck' to bring something...you could provide just burgers, hot dogs, buns etc...that's what I did..it worked great! It is more fun to have pot luck! YUM!

Good luck!

And I am jealous you got a brand new house that you are building! HA! :) Enjoy it anyway!

LisaMarie said:
Hey you all! I NEEEEEED your help! I'm about to throwing my hubby's surprised 40th bday party in July. But I have no idea where or what kind i should throw.. so far i came up with camping resort. Since its in July and most of our friends lives up north about 2 hrs away from our hometown.. soo i thought if they come for one day then they wouldnt want to come since its a far away drive so i thought of camping.. give them to settle down for a wknd and spend time with us more rather than a day but but but ... i cant afford pay all sites... foods... and everything.. since my budget is really tight because we just bought a brand new house! we are builiding our house and itll be done in Aug or Sept. Need ur idea and advices!!!

LisaMarie said:

if you cant afford to buy foods or drink for them .. why not ask your friends or his friends to bring foods or drink it would be lots of foods and drinks lol :lol: it will no plm with it if you cant afford to pay foods or drinks to surpised for your hubby :lol:

Mama2AFTIV said:
It is TOUGH! I threw a surprise party for Augie last June (his bday was in May) and not many people show up. Oh, well! It was worth it to have about 10 people. :)

Camping sound like fun...explain to your friends that you can't afford pay the campsite...and ask for 'pot luck' to bring something...you could provide just burgers, hot dogs, buns etc...that's what I did..it worked great! It is more fun to have pot luck! YUM!

Good luck!

And I am jealous you got a brand new house that you are building! HA! :) Enjoy it anyway!

:thumb: Good idea about the pot luck Mama!!! Give it a try LisaMarie. I am sure your family and friends would understand, and be happy to help out if you ask them. Good luck, and I hope your hubby will have a great time!!!

To be frankly, i never like the idea of potluck.. i wld feel stupid if i ask them to bring one of their dish to share because im the one who host the party therefore its my responsible?? is that right?? ehh...

Any idea abt games?? or something to do at the party?? rather than just eat, drink and talk.. i want to do something really fun at the party.. how can i surprise Scott (my hubby) without make it so obviously because if i bring him to the camping resort hell notice his friends cars... ???

I did gave a surprise party for my bf last late spring and I did asked them to bring pot luck. They had NO problem with it. You should be fine.

LisaMarie said:
To be frankly, i never like the idea of potluck.. i wld feel stupid if i ask them to bring one of their dish to share because im the one who host the party therefore its my responsible?? is that right?? ehh...

Any idea abt games?? or something to do at the party?? rather than just eat, drink and talk.. i want to do something really fun at the party.. how can i surprise Scott (my hubby) without make it so obviously because if i bring him to the camping resort hell notice his friends cars... ???

LisaMarie said:

Hello, You dont need spend too much money on party. You dont need feel stupid to ask them to bring dish. They would be so happy to bring dish to your husband's party instead buy gifts. You can buy cheaper soda pop instead Coca cola, or popular brands. You can ask them to bring beer if they want to. Drunking is not worth but up to you.

You can put scraf on your husband's eye so it cover his eyes because he wont see cars or where he go. He will be so exicting and he have no idea where he go. You can try cool games. You can write every friend's personal without names and give those to friends those so they can put names.

Example
Who really want to go ski, so you guess it must be Greg, Other question Who is so crazy over coffee, you guess it might be Wendy. If someone is right about answer all question then get prize.

Up to you

LisaMarie said:

I laughed my ass off cuz of the way u said just like my mother too she doesnt like to ask anyone to bring potuck!! :lol: But hey it is normal that way so it is ok and I am sure ur friends know and understand! One way is to ask them and I am sure they will be willing to do so! :) Same with me I always do even my friends as well... it helps everyone to save our money each other....easy way to encomy than having use ur own food with $$$ (ouchie too much!) so u see why everything have gone up already... so help each other...... they will be happy that I am sure of! :) Hope that help but like to say hope u have whole lots ppl coming there with lots of potluck that will big blash for sure!

Err.. by the way, I did not read all but seeing alot of members here have that same idea too... so go for it ok? Have fun!

ghsh1996 said:
Hello, You dont need spend too much money on party. You dont need feel stupid to ask them to bring dish. They would be so happy to bring dish to your husband's party instead buy gifts. You can buy cheaper soda pop instead Coca cola, or popular brands. You can ask them to bring beer if they want to. Drunking is not worth but up to you.

You can put scraf on your husband's eye so it cover his eyes because he wont see cars or where he go. He will be so exicting and he have no idea where he go. You can try cool games. You can write every friend's personal without names and give those to friends those so they can put names.

Example
Who really want to go ski, so you guess it must be Greg, Other question Who is so crazy over coffee, you guess it might be Wendy. If someone is right about answer all question then get prize.

Up to you

Not bad idea!!! keep advising! i ll ned some more ideas of games! hehe.. thanks!!!!! :cheers:

~AngelWolf~ said:
I laughed my ass off cuz of the way u said just like my mother too she doesnt like to ask anyone to bring potuck!! :lol: But hey it is normal that way so it is ok and I am sure ur friends know and understand! One way is to ask them and I am sure they will be willing to do so! :) Same with me I always do even my friends as well... it helps everyone to save our money each other....easy way to encomy than having use ur own food with $$$ (ouchie too much!) so u see why everything have gone up already... so help each other...... they will be happy that I am sure of! :) Hope that help but like to say hope u have whole lots ppl coming there with lots of potluck that will big blash for sure!

Err.. by the way, I did not read all but seeing alot of members here have that same idea too... so go for it ok? Have fun!
haha.. okayyy.. i guess i shld try that for once and hopefully they wont think ohh she cant afford? poor her or something like that but but since lot of ppl do that i guess i ll try to bite my tongue and try this!! so how do i ask them? do i say.. bring one of ur own dish or what? how do i say it without sound so desprated...

Mama2AFTIV said:

Good luck!

haha dont be jealous. u will get ur dream home someday! you have to work for it! dont give up! :)

GO AHEAD BUY BUY BUY 40TH OVER HILL SUPPLIES AND CAKE

HERE'S EXAMPLE...
NC-40.jpg

over-the-hill-memory-40-1-new.jpg

and
Example...
40th overhill cake *click me*

or u can take your hubby out to eat at a nice restaurant with cake and wine.. and small gift that he will like? good enough? just a thought.. :D

GalaxyAngel said:
GO AHEAD BUY BUY BUY 40TH OVER HILL SUPPLIES AND CAKE

HERE'S EXAMPLE...
NC-40.jpg

over-the-hill-memory-40-1-new.jpg

and
Example...
40th overhill cake *click me*
awesome! thanks so much for sharing this with me! i defintely have some idea about cakes now!!! thanks!!!

Luckysmile23 said:
or u can take your hubby out to eat at a nice restaurant with cake and wine.. and small gift that he will like? good enough? just a thought.. :D
i was going to do that at oringinally but then his frateinty brothers asked me if i was gonna plan anything for his bday at all or not.. i said not really.. they said i shld! since he have PLENTY friends around and always ALWAYS party together. Whoever have a bday party they always throw it and we always come to their parites.. they always come to our parties too soo i kinda of dont want to break the traditional. beside its his 40th. its kinda big deal... if its 41 or anything then ill go with simply bday dinner

LisaMarie said:
awesome! thanks so much for sharing this with me! i defintely have some idea about cakes now!!! thanks!!!

No problem Anytime..

When you're done 40th bday celebrate... and fill me in update how's things went.. :D

ok.. im going to tell u what im going to do and let me know what u think...

ill email to everybody to reserve the wknd then i ll mail out the inviation card in a month... so that way itll be formal or something like that... or simply email will do..

im going to have my hubbys mom to reserve a old barn banquet room since she and her best friend runs that place often.. and i ll lead scott up to old barn banquet room to surprise him with parties and ppl filled up.. afterward then we can contuine partying on the camping resort... what do u think???

the old barn camping resort has golf, swimming pools, park, tent site and RV sites for ppl to use..i thought its perfect place for ppl to use them because that way they can do other things rather than party all the time.. since itll be kid friendly enivorment also! it doesnt have to be adults only.

but but.. how do i ask them to bring a potluck? shld i say... i would like to invite you to Scott's surprised 40th bday party and it would be a potluck party... it kinda sound werid when i said that way.. err.. help me! haha.

Back