Help needed with research project

Nadia97

Reaction score
I hope you can help me.

I am a student at a Sixth Form College in the UK and am writing a dissertation on the cognitive effect of deafness.

As part of my work, I am trying to understand the thought patterns of people who have either been deaf from birth or have become deaf later in life. To do this, I am asking people to fill in a short survey (should take no more than 3 minutes to fill in). For every completed survey I receive, I will donate £1 to the British Deaf Association.

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3TNRQ7S

If you could help me by filling my survey in, I would be most grateful.Your response will remain anonymous.

Thank you,

Nadia

Don't rely on the accuracy here, got some real tools that never heard silence.

I don't think you even started out with a simple 'hello'... Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

why don't you ask if can go to a deaf club...unusuall do that in 6th form????

You should have gone over to the first sticky on the interviews/homework/surveys that would explain to you why you are not suppose to be here on this project.

You made the wrong move on this. We refuse to be your subjects in your projects. The only way you can learn is to read the posts here where you can find answers to your questions. Just read about us discussing about Deaf Culture and deafness (different variety of degrees of hearing loss). You will learn something from the posts.

Question

I really would just like to understand why you seem to be highly offended by hearing individuals wanting to know more about your abilities?

My professor instructed me to try to find interviewees online, and I am sad that thi is how you respond to most posts. :( I personally joined this forum to learn more about the def community. We, in special education, are hoping to push for inclsive education.

After reading your replies, i got scared of the fact that maybe you actually do not want to let us know more about you. :( we were tasked to go to forums for personal experiences, and. I guess i will have to write about this one instead. :(

Sorry if we insulted you in any way by wanting to learn about you. I can't interview across boarders, because i dont have the money for airplaine rides. I ws hoping for different educational backgrounds, so i could create projects here in our small town.. oh well. :(

Our abilities? You're making us sound like we are simpering idiots who need special skills. We merely just can't hear. Otherwise we are no different than you.

Dancing-Cats-GIF.gif

I really would just like to understand why you seem to be highly offended by hearing individuals wanting to know more about your abilities?

My professor instructed me to try to find interviewees online, and I am sad that thi is how you respond to most posts. :( I personally joined this forum to learn more about the def community. We, in special education, are hoping to push for inclsive education.

After reading your replies, i got scared of the fact that maybe you actually do not want to let us know more about you. :( we were tasked to go to forums for personal experiences, and. I guess i will have to write about this one instead. :(

Sorry if we insulted you in any way by wanting to learn about you. I can't interview across boarders, because i dont have the money for airplaine rides. I ws hoping for different educational backgrounds, so i could create projects here in our small town.. oh well. :(
That's understandable that it's part of your assignment. But it's not necessary to make the same post all over the forum.

Red statement = false. We don't want to repeat our stories. Thanks for asking anyway.

My abilities? Well I carry around a lasso of truth and I fight for justice in my spare time. I can also deflect bullets with my bracelets.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

This is a social forum. This is not a FAQ.

We are here to socialize, not to answer student's questions like we are lab rats to be tested on, pried on, analyzed and researched on.

First of all, you and Nadia97 should read and scan over the forums for answers to your questions. There are thousands of topics on Deafness and Deaf Culture that we had discussed over the years. You should take time to read them.

I don't know why you of all people have to be asked us about our input to your questions just because of your professor wanting you to go online for deaf people to answer your questions. We had been asked before and we are pretty sick of those questions, usually dumb questions that we are appalled at. We are not stupid or disabled. We don't like the questions and we decide not to answer the questions anymore. :P

First of all, you and Nadia97 should read and scan over the forums for answers to your questions. There are thousands of topics on Deafness and Deaf Culture that we had discussed over the years. You should take time to read them.

I don't know why you of all people have to be asked us about our input to your questions just because of your professor wanting you to go online for deaf people to answer your questions. We had been asked before and we are pretty sick of those questions, usually dumb questions that we are appalled at. We are not stupid or disabled. We don't like the questions and we decide not to answer the questions anymore. :P

Speaking of dumb questions. There's one in that survey monkey that asks:

How often do you interact with hearing people?

I mean really? That one takes the cake.

Lol. Every day. All day. At work. It's almost unavoidable for most.

Lol. Every day. All day. At work. It's almost unavoidable for most.

Even if they are at a deaf college, there's always hearing teachers, supervisors, hall monitors, or if they go out of campus...

It's virtually impossible not to interact with hearing people. There's not enough deaf people not to.

That's like asking a blind/handicapped person, "how often do you interact with sighted/abled people?".

I think they have it backwards. Should be "how often do you interact with deaf people..." That one would make sense.

Back