Help needed with research project

Even if they are at a deaf college, there's always hearing teachers, supervisors, hall monitors, or if they go out of campus...

It's virtually impossible not to interact with hearing people. There's not enough deaf people not to.

That's like asking a blind/handicapped person, "how often do you interact with sighted/abled people?".

I think they have it backwards. Should be "how often do you interact with deaf people..." That one would make sense.

Well, now there's an idea.....let's all go forth and survey the world with this burning question....:lol:

I hope you can help me.

I am a student at a Sixth Form College in the UK and am writing a dissertation on the cognitive effect of deafness.

As part of my work, I am trying to understand the thought patterns of people who have either been deaf from birth or have become deaf later in life. To do this, I am asking people to fill in a short survey (should take no more than 3 minutes to fill in). For every completed survey I receive, I will donate £1 to the British Deaf Association.

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3TNRQ7S

If you could help me by filling my survey in, I would be most grateful.Your response will remain anonymous.

Thank you,

Nadia

I am trying to understand the "thought patterns" of hearing people, what is it with them when I tell a 'hearing' person on the phone" I am HOH and can't hear them", the hearing person say " I can hear you just fine".
How the HELL does that help me ??

tumblr_lhge0gP0od1qcy1poo1_r1_500.gif

Back