Hello

I will ask and then post it here.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Easy, no on/off switching on shabbat is an easy one... Includes strobe lights, HAs, etc.

Hi Lilybear,

Welcome to the Forum! I'm new too, I registered the end of July.

My parents were Orthodox Jewish also, and when I was a child at first they didn't want me to wear my hearing aid* on Shabbat also.

But later some other religious Jews reminded them that not all religious laws have to be followed when dealing with issues of health. Health has a higher priority. They felt that wearing hearing aids should be OK because of that and they convinced my parents also.

IIRC, they asked me not to turn them on or off on the Shabbot though.

I'm not Orthodox now, but I do recall that. So ... I think most rabbis would tell you that you have nothing to feel guilty about if you decide to wear your hearing aids on the Shabbat. :)

See you around the forum!

* In the 1960s it was common for HoH kids to only get 1 hearing aid even if they had a hearing loss in both ears. I started wearing two when I was around 16.

welcome to AD:) I live in Ottawa..do you plan on living in quebec when you are done school or coming back to ottawa? I have a progressive late loss too diagnosed when I was 16..i was mild/mod loss and now severe and profound in cpl freqs

welcome to AD:) I live in Ottawa..do you plan on living in quebec when you are done school or coming back to ottawa? I have a progressive late loss too diagnosed when I was 16..i was mild/mod loss and now severe and profound in cpl freqs

Yay! Someone from my hometown!

I'm not sure what my plans are after I'm done with school. I personally don't like quebec very much so I might come back unless I find a SO who convinces me to stay!

Yay! Someone from my hometown!

I'm not sure what my plans are after I'm done with school. I personally don't like quebec very much so I might come back unless I find a SO who convinces me to stay!

hmm if you can find somewhere to learn ASL instead of LSQ I would :p lol haha if you come back to the good side of the country I bet ASL would really help.. Whereabouts did you used to live in ottawa? you can PM me if you'd like if you don't want to say lol btw I'm 22:) I wonder if we have ever crossed paths lol

I lived in Gloucester all my life before coming to Quebec! And I found a place to get ASL in Montreal! (MAB-Mackay Centre)

Back