Hello from San Diego

andycane

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's my turn to put on the sticker "Hello" my name is:"

I'm Andrew, but my friends calls me Andy. Andrew is usually reserved for people who are pissed at me (aka, parent), or professionally. I'm 28 years old, a recent transplant to San Diego from the midwest(Indiana). I am an Occupational therapist(Masters),initially starting as a traveler therapist to different hospitals & facilities and somehow found my way to SoCal. I do have 2 tattoos, plan on getting 2-3 more. I am HOH, however I am completely deaf on the left ear. I have profound hearing loss on the right, so I wear an aid. I lost my hearing via spinal meningitis as a baby. My hobbies include photography (talk about expensive), video games, motorcycles, sports/exercise, vacations/sightseeing. Wow...this is starting to sound like a dating add or something....I like long walks on the beach :ty: Anyways, just wanted to give a shout out to everyone here as this is a cool place to chill out. So I'll see you around.

If you ever swing by San Diego, let's go get a beer or something....Andy

Why San Diego? it's like a craphole. :lol:

welcome to AD, and welcome to San Diego!

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

yeah, San diego is bottom of the barrel. I guess I'll have to manage somehow :cool:

What part of SoCal are you from?

was in Rancho Bernardo at first. Moved down to City Heights to save a little $. I still commute to (off 15) Rancho as that's where I work.

which part of East SD are you. La Mesa, Poway, lemon grove, El Cajon, Santee, Escontidio(sp?)?

Hello and :welcome: to AD! Why is SD at the bottom of the barrel? I loved visiting that city as a kid. Grew up spending summer vacations renting beach houses on Mission Bay Beach with my family.

shel90

I wasn't serious. I was just adding to wildhunt's smart comment of SD being a craphole. I was just acknowledging her humor, as SD is very lovely.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine if someone is kidding or serious on the internet/forums. I added a icon to emphasize that, but I guess I could have said it differently?

Yeah San Diego's nice, really, but after years of living in San Diego, it's like.. ARGH!! :lol:

hey Andy btw you havent replied to my PM yet.. :P Just wondering if you DID read it?

shel90

I wasn't serious. I was just adding to wildhunt's smart comment of SD being a craphole. I was just acknowledging her humor, as SD is very lovely.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine if someone is kidding or serious on the internet/forums. I added a icon to emphasize that, but I guess I could have said it differently?

Yea..thanks! There are some people who dont like SD cuz of the traffic and I dont blame them. I guess I just fell in love with SD as a kid so traffic or not, it is one of my favorite places to visit. If I lived there, maybe I would think differently. Who knows?

Hello Andy,

:welcome: to AD and enjoy your stay. I am a Socal native too hehe. SD is very beautiful enjoy your new home as well.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Nice introduction, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

(btw, it's been years ago since I've visited San Diego, Sea World, etc., it was nice too-- :) )

~RR

Yea..thanks! There are some people who dont like SD cuz of the traffic and I dont blame them. I guess I just fell in love with SD as a kid so traffic or not, it is one of my favorite places to visit. If I lived there, maybe I would think differently. Who knows?

yeah that's true about the traffic. it does get congested some times. At least it's not quite L.A. bad (I lived there for 5 months). I've noticed that SD does have it's pros/cons, but i would like to stay here in SD. So, I'll be hanging out in the SD for the next few years figuring out if I can stay or if I need to move on (it's really expensive here).

If anyone here is in the SD, just hit me up, and we'll get something cool to drink. Andy

yeah that's true about the traffic. it does get congested some times. At least it's not quite L.A. bad (I lived there for 5 months). I've noticed that SD does have it's pros/cons, but i would like to stay here in SD. So, I'll be hanging out in the SD for the next few years figuring out if I can stay or if I need to move on (it's really expensive here).

If anyone here is in the SD, just hit me up, and we'll get something cool to drink. Andy

I am from San Bernardino area haven't been to SD since I was 7 years old LOL Sea World it was one of my fave places. Good to see more Californians here.. There is a deaf social in OC Friday night just FYI take care

Ive always wanted to go to the Block but never been able to go due to no car.. oh well.

Back