hearing students versus deaf students at school

matajan

Reaction score
If you went to mainstream school,

Can you identify type of groups of hearing students...I wish I could recongize A group and B group...if I am deaf, it is similar I can identify type of groups of deaf students who are mean or nice.

But how can I know if my friends are nice or not if went to mainstream school.

One AD member is lucky who went to mainstream in new jersey, I wasn't surprise he said ppl are cool around him. Because he can identify friends who they are.

But why deaf people prefer go to school for the deaf and gallaudet to find self identify?

Can you identify type of groups of hearing students...I wish I could recongize A group and B group...if I am deaf, it is similar I can identify type of groups of deaf students who are mean or nice.

One AD member is lucky who went to mainstream in new jersey, I wasn't surprise he said ppl are cool around him. Because he can identify friends who they are.

This is not a new question and is as timeless as man has been around. You have to figure out for yourself where you fit. Trial and error sort of thing. You will find a group you fit in with. As for mean people, they exist everywhere and you just have to learn how to avoid/ignore/stay away from them. There is no magic formula for doing this. My question to you is "What planet are you from!" If you don't know this by now...you are in for a world of hurt.

matagan said:
]
But why deaf people prefer go to school for the deaf and gallaudet to find self identify?

Oh, I can think of lots of reasons. The main one being around others who can communicate like them. No different for Hispanics being with other Hispanics especially if Spanish is the most comfortable language they know. It is what they identify with and it is no different for the deaf. Having said that, never forget that there is a wider world out there to learn from as well.

alot like asking yourself "am i gay or straight?" those kinds of questions are in truth you ALREADY know the answers

Some people are nice, some people are mean at any schools, no matter where you are attending to.

That AD member knows how to communicate effectively with any people in general, so therefore, he can make friends more easily, I have witnessed myself.

For me, sometime I can click with a person, then make a friend easily. But sometimes I don't click with a person, then I don't bother making a friend with a person, for example. That's so me. :hmm:

why does it matter if somebody went to mainstream or not?

talking about me, eh? Let me correct you - people are cool around me because I am cool... not because I can identify them.

Are you cool too?

because they are deaf and Gallaudet is the only place where they can live a deaf person in a deaf society - a deaf lifestyle. I'm sure that majority of deaf students grew up in hearing environment. It's tiring and frustrating.

Why did you go to Gallaudet? Why not mainstream school?

But sometimes I don't click with a person, then I don't bother making a friend with a person, for example. That's so me. :hmm:

I suppose if a person doesn't click with person... then matajan views that person as mean/rude/snobby

why does it matter if somebody went to mainstream or not?

talking about me, eh? Let me correct you - people are cool around me because I am cool... not because I can identify them.

Are you cool too?

because they are deaf and Gallaudet is the only place where they can live a deaf person in a deaf society - a deaf lifestyle. I'm sure that majority of deaf students grew up in hearing environment. It's tiring and frustrating. Why did you go to Gallaudet? Why not mainstream school?

can you explain? I never complained of this.

then why did most mainstream students are succeed at ivy league or ur school or others?

if you complained all the time, you wont able to find ivy girl but you lucky.

come to gallaudet, happy then find girl but it never work out, cuz find deaf is very hard at gallaudet like one AD asked about it.

i expected lots of deaf people go ivy league in near future.

it more recongized of lots deaf ivies went to deaf expo and deaflympics, remember?

can you explain? I never complained of this.

then why did most mainstream students are succeed at ivy league or ur school or others?

if you complained all the time, you wont able to find ivy girl but you lucky.

come to gallaudet, happy then find girl but it never work out, cuz find deaf is very hard at gallaudet like one AD asked about it.

i expected lots of deaf people go ivy league in near future.

it more recongized of lots deaf ivies went to deaf expo and deaflympics, remember?

You were not able to find a girl because of your personality. Your personality is very snobby and rude.

Do you understand?

What a concept!

Do this every day when you wake up and jolt up from your bed:

"I will be friendly and polite to everyone I meet today. I am a better man today and I will be an even better man the day after."

What a concept!

Do this every day when you wake up and jolt up from your bed:

"I will be friendly and polite to everyone I meet today. I am a better man today and I will be an even better man the day after."

you use quote from delta sigma phi fraternity.

do there have dsp fraternity at uc davis?

matajan - you need to stop thinking about labels like public ivy and ivy league. can you do that?

It's a public school, i.e. anybody UC Davis thinks is qualified, they will be let in. I'm sure someone from CSDF has attended there. If not I'd be surprised.

ivy leagues are considered private.

It's a public school, i.e. anybody UC Davis thinks is qualified, they will be let in. I'm sure someone from CSDF has attended there. If not I'd be surprised.

ivy leagues are considered private.

uc davis is similar to uc berkeley...

it is system of uc

look at wikipedia, then type public ivy.

no wonder I knew many from csdf went to uc system and california state but it is not easy to get into like sfsu and sjsu and sac state.

one deaf girl from berkeley high went to uc davis, graduated in 2009

I never applied to uc berkeley but some recommend me go to berkeley for graduate school, it seems hard to get into.

Back