Hearing looking to make Deaf or HH Friends

Celticty

Reaction score
I live in Kent, Washington and I wan't to make some Deaf friends or hh friends so I can improve my ASL and grow to know and understand the Deaf community. I am an ASL student and I am wanting to become an ASL interpreter but I am a long ways off from that happening.

OOo you'll be an interpreter soon?
ME TOO!
GO US
:cheers:
btw ..WELCOME!!!

Go us

I am just starting ASL. I am finishing my first ASL Class. BUT I am getting an A in it. I love ASL.:applause:

Hi and :welcome: to AD! This is an excellent site to learn from and enjoy being with us. Good luck in your studies. :)

:welcome: to AD!!! Hope u enjoy it here! :)

Exciting!

Hello! That is exciting. I am Hearing and I remember when I first began taking ASL classes, I loved it. I am going to major in Deaf Education starting next year but I am already heavily involved in the Deaf community and my best friends are Deaf.

Recently I got a webcam and that is a really good way to improve your skills... with other Deaf individuals or with other ASL students. Do you have one? If you do, you can call anybody with a videophone (Deaf) or webcam.

Hope to hear from you soon.
-Jess

:wiggle:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Hello! That is exciting. I am Hearing and I remember when I first began taking ASL classes, I loved it. I am going to major in Deaf Education starting next year but I am already heavily involved in the Deaf community and my best friends are Deaf.

Recently I got a webcam and that is a really good way to improve your skills... with other Deaf individuals or with other ASL students. Do you have one? If you do, you can call anybody with a videophone (Deaf) or webcam.

Hope to hear from you soon.
-Jess

:wiggle:

I have to make some Deaf friends before I can call anyone on a video phone. I do have a webcam some where in a box. Just moved into a new place today.

Welcome to AD!!! I hope you will stay enjoy at the class ASL. Important is, you need have a deaf friends and keep company. good luck! :)

Welcome to AD!!! I hope you will stay enjoy at the class ASL. Important is, you need have a deaf friends and keep company. good luck! :)

That is part of the reason I am on this site. I am hoping to make some Deaf friends so I can have conversations with them and improve in my ASL. Also I love using ASL, it is very fun. So anyone who would like a hearing friend in Washington just let me know, I will jump at the chance lol.

welcome to AD. you will meet so many friends here hearing and deaf. Im an asl interp. and special ED. teacher in public school. My advice is intergrate with deaf culture. Youl love it. Go to meetups nearest you. Again welcome and enjoy AD

:welcome: to AllDeaf. I hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. Good luck with your studies. :)

Thank you very much, I like this website. Do any of you know where there would be a site to do a Videophone using the webcam? That is like a chat room? Please let me know.

I use viable vission with my web cam to call VP's... I too am hearing and actually going to the TERP program this fall. :)

Hi, names Gretchen
I have been learning sign for 2 years now, and I am going to collge to become a sign interperter :)

Back