Hearing, learning, meeting, and greeting!

ScarletPhoenix

Reaction score
Hello world! :) Hearing Kentuckian here! Hoping to meet some awesome people to chat with and maybe learn a little also. Excited to be here! :) :wave:

hey I am a HOH Tennessean.

Moderate Progressive Hearing loss wearing Phonak Audeo S Minis

Well Nice to meet you. :) I was actually born in TN, but have lived here for the past 20 years. I hope the weather down there is better than it is here!

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

What's a nice girl like you doing in a deaf forum like this? :naughty:

Yup! KFC! :P I have always been kind of fascinated by ASL. When I was a kid, my school would have us learn songs in sign to perform for the school. We didn't have any deaf students, but I still thought it was cool. I've known a few deaf people throughout my years, but it was only in passing. I am about to start school for "Human Services" which is basically social work. So I'm wanting to learn Sign Language, as well as French and Spanish. And I'm always up for meeting new people. And I found this site by accident when I was researching Rosetta Stone alternate programs, but I think it's a neat site. :)

Yup! KFC! :P I have always been kind of fascinated by ASL. When I was a kid, my school would have us learn songs in sign to perform for the school. We didn't have any deaf students, but I still thought it was cool. I've known a few deaf people throughout my years, but it was only in passing. I am about to start school for "Human Services" which is basically social work. So I'm wanting to learn Sign Language, as well as French and Spanish. And I'm always up for meeting new people. And I found this site by accident when I was researching Rosetta Stone alternate programs, but I think it's a neat site. :)

How did you find this site by researching Rosetta Stone stuffs?

They did the same thing when I was growing up- having us learn songs in ASL. Have you ever seen the video of the ASL college girl signing 'F You' by Cee Lo? It cracks me up, I love it :)
As for social work, kudos to you. I work with a lot of kids who use social workers and it's a profession I admire.

I recently started doing Rosetta Stone for French, and I wanted to know if there was a Rosetta Stone for ASL. And that's how I was lead to this site. A fella on here was creating one, but the posts were from a few years ago.
And No, I haven't seen it. I will have to look it up. I can imagine it would be hilarious! :)

Hello,, im new, im interested in learning sign language and would love to meet someone in my area to have a convo with and build a friendship

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hey there!
I just read your comments, and I'm also a Human Service major at Troy University, and minoring in ASL Interpreting! If you don't mind me asking what school do you attend?

Hey!
I'm new as well. Down here in Middle TN, Southeast TN native. Master's in social work.

Sounds like we have a lot in common!

SM

Wow hello Scarlet. I am a European guy who has never met a real Kentuckian. If ever you find yourself in Paris or London and need a guide then let me know. I am HoH but with hearing aids I get along in 3 languages. American English can be challenging but the southern accents can be easier to follow.

Thought you were not interested in american peeps?

Back