hearing/deaf

It's not about deaf partner's family, it is about hearing partner & their family + friends.

Deaf partner or deaf friend's hearing family, like many deaf friend I have. I usually get on very well with them because they seemed to understand very well about deafs because they have deaf son and/or daughter. Communicate very well.

It is a different story if I meet a hearing partner's family. Not all the time, it wasn't nice experience. Few just happens to understand about deaf very well even through they never met one. I believe that many hearing's negative view of deafs comes from other people/rumours via friends or pub talks and I can prove to them that this isn't the case but how many time do I have to fight with their attiude?

Well, some deaf ppl do not have such great families who are willing to understand about deaf world or culture. Some do not even know sign language, and just act like fake sometimes. I have met a few of them before. I don't get along with my deaf best friend's family who is hearing, mostly because I feel that they are fake.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
would you prefer a hearing or deaf partner?? why??
I would prefer hearing since oral is my main method of communication, I wouldnt be against going out with a deaf person but it is hard to find one i like I am very picky and two the deaf world is very small....while there is more choices in hearing................

As a partner I would prefer someone who was hearing becuase it would simply be easier to communicate. I am auditory/verbal and dont have very good signing skills.

I would prefer not to think about choosing one way or the other but as you know the world is just kinda made that way.

But either way hearing/deaf they both scream in bed. :boink:

Re: Re: hearing/deaf

Originally posted by Cain Marko

haaaa - ahhhh doesn't matter to me .... can date either hearing or deaf

Re: Re: hearing/deaf

Originally posted by Cain Marko
As a partner I would prefer someone who was hearing becuase it would simply be easier to communicate. I am auditory/verbal and dont have very good signing skills.

I would prefer not to think about choosing one way or the other but as you know the world is just kinda made that way.

that gives me a idea to post new thread in the sex board...

Originally posted by bbnt
I have 3 daughters. My oldest is 20 she is in her 2nd year of collage. Then there are my twins, Brittany and Briana, they are Identical and Brittany is deaf. The twins were born at 29 weeks they had what is called “twin to twin syndrome. What happen is that there is a tube that runs between identical twins and one twin starts to feed the other twin all its blood. When this happens the twin getting all the blood can’t handle it so the baby starts to urinate which increases the Amniotic fluid in the womb.

Because of this their mom gained 12 lbs in 24 hours which put tremendous pressure on her spine. She had to go to the hospital where the doctors preformed an amniocentesis. What they did was insert a long needle into the mother’s stomach and drain some of the fluid to take some of the pressure off their mom’s spine.

It seemed to work but it had 1 side effect, the stress caused one of the waters to break and not long after that they saw signs of infection so the doctors decided it was time to take them out. They preformed a c-section and Briana was the first one out. She was beet red and when Brittany came out she was white as a ghost. It wasn’t hard to figure out who gave the blood to who.

Briana was 3lbs 4oz she has to have blood taken out; she stayed in the hospital 4 weeks. Brittany was 2lbs 4oz she had to have blood put in and she was also born with a hernia {I didn’t know girls could have hernias}. Brittany stayed in the hospital 6 weeks and the total hospital bill was $57,000 dollars all covered by insurance {thank goodness}.

At 16weeks old they preformed a routine hearing test on the kids and we found out Brittany was deaf.. The cause most likely was low birth weight and lack of blood.

wow.. Glad they are ok and in good health now. ;)

I have 3 daughters. My oldest is 20 she is in her 2nd year of collage. Then there are my twins, Brittany and Briana, they are Identical and Brittany is deaf. The twins were born at 29 weeks they had what is called “twin to twin syndrome. What happen is that there is a tube that runs between identical twins and one twin starts to feed the other twin all its blood. When this happens the twin getting all the blood can’t handle it so the baby starts to urinate which increases the Amniotic fluid in the womb.

Because of this their mom gained 12 lbs in 24 hours which put tremendous pressure on her spine. She had to go to the hospital where the doctors preformed an amniocentesis. What they did was insert a long needle into the mother’s stomach and drain some of the fluid to take some of the pressure off their mom’s spine.

It seemed to work but it had 1 side effect, the stress caused one of the waters to break and not long after that they saw signs of infection so the doctors decided it was time to take them out. They preformed a c-section and Briana was the first one out. She was beet red and when Brittany came out she was white as a ghost. It wasn’t hard to figure out who gave the blood to who.

Briana was 3lbs 4oz she has to have blood taken out; she stayed in the hospital 4 weeks. Brittany was 2lbs 4oz she had to have blood put in and she was also born with a hernia {I didn’t know girls could have hernias}. Brittany stayed in the hospital 6 weeks and the total hospital bill was $57,000 dollars all covered by insurance {thank goodness}.

At 16weeks old they preformed a routine hearing test on the kids and we found out Brittany was deaf.. The cause most likely was low birth weight and lack of blood.
:eek2: Damn! That's an amazing story! Glad that both of them made it! :thumb:

The kind of partner I have would depend. I usually like the other to be able to communicate with me. If she's hearing and I can still understand her clearly, that's fine with me. If she's hearing and blabs off her mouth without me understanding, nah! As for deaf gals, I like them cuz they are easy to talk with.

well I dont single them out.........like you are hearing I will only go out with you.............If I am attracted to them and fall in love with them then it is how it is done. We dont follow a list.......... like this ideal person needs to have this and that and has to be this and that..... that doesnt work in real life.......... I PREFER hearing people but I am okay with dating deaf guys if it happens

As for the deaf girls, then I don't mind to going out with but I *MUST* rely on the communication key with sign language that both of me and her can understand what we said to each other.

As for the hearing girls, as long as they are *WILLING* to learning the sign language to communicate with me, then I don't probably mind to going out with under one condition. If they don't keep up with sign language and keep going to using their voice without sign the words to me....then it turned me off then I said fuck them off. I have ZERO tolerance for that.

I am a Hearing guy and since my Deaf girlfriend, I prefer either a Deaf girlfriend or a hearing girlfriend that knows sign or willing to learn sign. I now have more deaf friends than hearing friends. I prefer to be with them more. If a hearing girl can't accept that, then she isn't the right girl for me.

I have been date hearing for rest of my life. Just compare to my deaf ex-girlfriend, our relationship was suck. Very very short term I ever had! So, I decide to back and date hearing. Current dating hearing, I am doing pretty well. :thumb:

Wow, very interesting! How old are they now? Do you and your whole family use sign language or use "voice" to Brittany in all communication? Are they doing wonderful right now (health wise)? I sure hope so!! Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us!

I would prefer deaf partner, because it would be easier to communicate, and not feel left out in the future. I have dated hearings before and I usually have felt left out in a group chat, even though they signed. Sometimes they stopped using sign language and started using voice without signing, making me lose the track of what they're saying. I kept asking them to use sign language so I can understand what they're talking about, but usually they said "My arms are tired, give me a break." :devil:

ive dated both deaf and hearie women -- personally i would prefer deaf women cuz of communication and being able to go out with groups of friends and actually have a great time as opposed to feeling left out if dating a hearie woman who knows little or no signs but then again if i happened to meet a woman who is fluent in signs then i would prolly go out with her

I have just started going out with this really nice guy, a hearing guy, and I wear hearing aids in both ears, though I wasnt born deaf. He knows that I am quite deaf, and so I can tell he speaks more clearly to me, and I used to feel so embarrassed when I had to have him repeat things all the time.

But I think he has patience, and he has said to me that I am the most interesting person he has met, and that I make him happy. Can you believe it? This is my first boyfriend, and I am 23, and I never thought anyone would want me because of my deafness, and the difficulty of communication... My girlfriends have always said to me they dont care about my hearing, and they joke about it, but with guys, its always taboo, and they pretend not to notice.

I have noticed, however that my boyfriend never asks me about my deafness, like, what its like - I really want him to, but i think he thinks that I am too embarrassed to talk about it.

Ive been severly hearing impaired since I was eleven..

I wonder...........I notice more oral people tend to lean towards hearing people but they can do both...

Also that Deaf people who only has ASL as their primary form of communication tend to go for Deaf people but I have noticed more Deaf girls and Hearing guys than Deaf guy and Hearing girls (except for one night stands/sex)

I dont know.....if it is true

Hey there.. I have dated a deaf guy for a long time but then that didnt work different goal but then i dated hearing after hearing.. most was communication.. I can hear and talk but still i call myself deaf cuz there is some HOH hear better then me... I preferred deaf man.. but I'm married to a hearing man.. I love him dear but just wishes he was deaf or a pro on signing.. i just dont have the patients when he sign slow and come on come on! hahhaa it hard he think i can hear him some day i can some day i cant.. he will look away and talk or talk and walk out of the room mad or whatever.. i have to keep telling him to look at me i dont understand you pls look at me.. it not always like this but once it does its frustrating and i hate it! the kids are hearing his son and my daughter we havent had our own kids.. my daughter knows sign but only 2 and half years old.. when step dad around she talk and everyone else talk.. so i always ask my husband what his son say or what going on or what what what?? i just hate asking! when i was with a deaf man i didnt have to ask! i understood everything going on! I never miss out on anything!!!! it sure get lonely and miss my culture. my husband is not always a patient man.. welll he used to be! til we got married he changed.. been together for total of 3 yrs but married umm soon 2 yrs next few months.. well i love him but i would love to change him to being deaf! hahaha there is some day i wish im out of this relationship.. some day i cant imagine without him... ohhh well life is not always easy! :D

Originally posted by kuifje75
Well, even if you date with a deaf partner, remember that some deafies come from hearing families. So you still have to put up with their hearing families too. It is not perfect world either way, deaf or hearing partner.

My last bf did not want me to come with him to celebrate his birthday at TGIF, because he was afraid how communication would be like with his hearing friends. It really hurt my feelings, and I told him that it should not matter. What's important is that I am there for him on his birthday. So, yes, there are some hearing ppl who will treat you as not normal, just because you are deaf. Still, there are some hearies who treats you normally.

That is why I prefer small groups, so that it is easier to communicate with everyone. If it is more than 10 ppl, it is kind of awkward.

yup I agree with u even tho I come from hearing family. if I date a deafie that comes from hearing family or deaf family but really doesn't matter which I date.. cuz I can learn how to have fun than bein addicted to AD or AOL :squint:

Back