hearing aid molds

Yeah! I really like the pink with flowers, camo, Silver and pink and other brown with pink flowers. I love it! I wish I could have a new BTE but I decide to get a CI. I have to wait. I prefer to pick a color clear BTE with coils. There is not available for now.

If I have a deaf child. I would love to let child pick a colors BTE and earmolds than an old fashion beige HA. :giggle:

pinky that is so exciting about you getting a CI! i can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

oo btw went to that new audi! Lovedddddd her! <3 she gave me her e-mail and told me to e-mail her whenever I want! The place is also paying the FULL price for my right new ha and taking back my una since I am unhappy with it as well as since i lost more hearing. So, I am getting a new set of hearings for the price of one:) plus a new ear mold for the left:D woohoo

Hopefully u find a new audi

that's GREAT! i'm so happy to hear that your new audi is awesome! AND that is sooooo sweet what they're doing for you with the aids and mold! SO SWEET! yayyyyy!!!!:applause:

I have soft full shell ear moulds and they still whistle sometimes, especially at the end of the day when my ears are damp after wearing my hearing aids all day. For a severe loss or worse I don't think anything else will seal your ear well enough to prevent whistling, at least it doesn't for me.

i've always worn skeleton earmolds (even when i had profound loss in my left ear and severe-profound in my right) and i never experienced any problems with feedback.

I wear full shell lucite (acrylic) molds. I have had some interesting reactions with soft ones in the past so we decided to stick with hard ones. They are fairy tight for hard molds and deep too. They were deeper but it was painful so we shortened them a little bit. They are good now though!

Usually severe profound loss can not have the skeleton mold. Full shell soft mold is what is usually used.Your audiologist should replace without charge to make a mold that works since it is her error.. Lots of great colors available.

My latest ones are green.

15zlflw.jpg

I've had severe-profound loss, and the school audiologist ALWAYS, ALWAYS ordered skeletol molds for me. Never full-shells. By middle school/junior high, I started wearing half shells.

My current earmold is almost fullshell but not quite (audie had WesTone customize the earmold some more so that it doesn't irritate part of my ear that has always been sensitive to any and all sorts of earmolds).

I've had severe-profound loss, and the school audiologist ALWAYS, ALWAYS ordered skeletol molds for me. Never full-shells. By middle school/junior high, I started wearing half shells.

My current earmold is almost fullshell but not quite (audie had WesTone customize the earmold some more so that it doesn't irritate part of my ear that has always been sensitive to any and all sorts of earmolds).

same here. prior to receiving my ci's, i had severe-profound hearing loss for 10 years and saw 2 different audis -- none of whom ever gave me (or recommended) full shell earmolds. then again, i was always prone to severe ear infections, so that may have been the reason why.

same here. prior to receiving my ci's, i had severe-profound hearing loss for 10 years and saw 2 different audis -- none of whom ever gave me (or recommended) full shell earmolds. then again, i was always prone to severe ear infections, so that may have been the reason why.

I've had three people recommend the full shell molds to me now...
I did just go to another audi though (I was a moron and forgot my old audiograms which he wants to see first before he makes any recommendations) so we'll see what he says. he said if they're not comfortable and they keep whistling then we need to do some adjustments. he also said he wouldn't charge me for the first session to adjust them, but he'll have to charge me for the molds which i'm like ok fine. so we'll see what happens i suppose? i'll let you know what he ends up recommending for me (i'm curious to see what he says)...

i'm a little hesitant to go back because she's the one who told me that i'm normal and i need to throw myself back into the "hearing world"-change my major, stop learning how to sign and even though the tests clearly show a severe loss, that i was "doing this all for attention". right. last time i checked i was pretty upset about the fact i can't hear! i just want to feel somewhat "normal" again without having the constant reminder that i'm wearing aids.

I know you said you found a new audie, and that's great. You mentioned that you weren't sure when you were really hearing the beeps and when you weren't. If your responses to behavioral audiometry are suspicious or inconsistent, ask for a brainstem auditory evoked response test. There's no behavioral component, it simply tests what sounds reach your brainstem and which ones don't. End of discussion. Then you can go to a new audie with concrete information on which they can prescribe more appropriate devices.

Unfortunately, there are a number of people out there that feign (fake) illness including hearing loss, and in most cases a good clinician and appropriate testing can separate them out from those of us with real losses. Good luck with your new audie!

I know you said you found a new audie, and that's great. You mentioned that you weren't sure when you were really hearing the beeps and when you weren't. If your responses to behavioral audiometry are suspicious or inconsistent, ask for a brainstem auditory evoked response test. There's no behavioral component, it simply tests what sounds reach your brainstem and which ones don't. End of discussion. Then you can go to a new audie with concrete information on which they can prescribe more appropriate devices.

Unfortunately, there are a number of people out there that feign (fake) illness including hearing loss, and in most cases a good clinician and appropriate testing can separate them out from those of us with real losses. Good luck with your new audie!

They did a brainstem one when I went to the doctor...it also showed the hearing loss. i gave my new audi the information...he's working with it to adjust my aids whereas my other audi just shut down and was like "whatever". anyway my new audi retested me on monday...my hearing has gone down more. in any case...new molds are on order and the new audi is good.
as for your second comment...it literally makes sick to the stomach to think that anyone would wish or fake something like this. i hate being like this and would give anything to have things be normal again and not have this "silence" when i don't have my aids on. why would anyone want to fake this? life like this isn't easy...i don't understand why someone would fake it or cause it to happen...it makes me quite angry actually.

I thought u had said u didn't want an ABR, so when did u get one b.w last week and today? And u lost MORE hearing since last week as well sounds crazy to me and for u to not know or ur doctors to care whats going on with ur hearing...sound ridiculous!
Your story from the beginning has always sounded far fetched to me..that is just my opinion...some of the things u say are a bit contradictory. If u are so "deaf" than u shud go for a CI evaluation since you don't like the "silence" and if ur hearing is going down south so much I would spend all the money i could to find out what is wrong with me...call me crazy but i care what's going on in my body!

I thought u had said u didn't want an ABR, so when did u get one b.w last week and today? And u lost MORE hearing since last week as well sounds crazy to me and for u to not know or ur doctors to care whats going on with ur hearing...sound ridiculous!
Your story from the beginning has always sounded far fetched to me..that is just my opinion...some of the things u say are a bit contradictory. If u are so "deaf" than u shud go for a CI evaluation since you don't like the "silence" and if ur hearing is going down south so much I would spend all the money i could to find out what is wrong with me...call me crazy but i care what's going on in my body!

they did an evoked auditory response thingy when i was there, not an ABR...i thought that's what the above guy was talking about. i sat there, they put earplugs in my ears and i didn't have to do anything but it wasn't an ABR because they told me they still want me to get one. only reason i know it was a brainstem thing was because i asked and that's what they told me.
and you're right...i don't really know my doctors at all. i was sent there on a whim by my general doctor and you're right...i haven't taken the initiative to really get to know them. which i should have and still need to.
and by the way...i am pursuing it all. thanks.
is it all messed up? yeah. and if i was on the outside looking in on all this, i would say the same thing as you did. i do know what's happening with my body though, and was just trying to reach out for some help because i honestly don't know what to do. i'll figure it out though, thanks for what you have helped me out with.

they did an evoked auditory response thingy when i was there, not an ABR...i thought that's what the above guy was talking about. i sat there, they put earplugs in my ears and i didn't have to do anything but it wasn't an ABR because they told me they still want me to get one. only reason i know it was a brainstem thing was because i asked and that's what they told me.
and you're right...i don't really know my doctors at all. i was sent there on a whim by my general doctor and you're right...i haven't taken the initiative to really get to know them. which i should have and still need to.
and by the way...i am pursuing it all. thanks.
is it all messed up? yeah. and if i was on the outside looking in on all this, i would say the same thing as you did. i do know what's happening with my body though, and was just trying to reach out for some help because i honestly don't know what to do. i'll figure it out though, thanks for what you have helped me out with.
Sudden and severe hearing loss can boggle the mind and leaves you little time to grieve for what you have lost. This time last year, I had severe hearing loss in my right ear and mild in my left. Now? I have a CI that will be activated on Thursday because I now have profound loss in both ears with no speech comprehension. That is quick, and painful, and sometimes the mind doesn't think clearly as things are hitting you from all sides.
You said your hearing has gotten worse in the last week, try having it get worse overnight. I went to bed with mild hearing loss and woke with moderate to severe loss, that quick. It has happened to others as well, and it is scary.:eek:
I know it sounds hard, but you have to step back a little right now and put emotion to the side. I know there are some who say "just deal with it" but, you have to try and find out why it happened to make sure there is no other health issue involved. If this set of doctors won't help, then find one that will. It is your right to ask for a referral and copies of any tests/results this group has. Once you find the right doctor, he/she can rule out medical issues such collapsed blood vessels, tumors, etc. Then you can grieve for what you have lost and even take a "f... it" attitude, it's all part of the process. It does help to cultivate your sense of humor and try and laugh as often as you can.
You have an advantage that many of us hit with sudden hearing loss don't have, the ability to sign. Use it, and your interpreters to try to get on with life and once your ready, if that time comes, check into a CI or not...the final choice is up to you. I can't tell you it will be great, I have no clue, yet...but for someone who is totally oral, knows no sign and only knows one person that actually uses sign (found that out last week), a CI was my first choice. And yes, you came to the right place for advice and help, that is what we are here for. But, just as you have different ideas running around in your head, we have different approaches and ideas as well. Hang in there. :fingersx:

I never get a skeleton shell either. I always get a full shell. I used to have a half shell and small shell too. I plan to get a skeleton shell but the audiologist said I can't get it because of profoundly deaf. I hate some audi's feedback. GRRR!

my ear mold two color orange and green pretty color full ear impressions. and BTE color Blue :D that my 2nd color. my first BTE red full ear mold color clear.

ear mold swimming orange and blue
ear mold plug orange/green, I wear them when ride in the train most deaf car loud music! or their home loud tv! or loud game ohgeek I must turn off my hearing aid :D

Back