Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the joke and other versions from several catholics in my life.

Exactly. Catholics tell the best Catholic jokes. They are humble enough to make fun of themselves. It would appear there are others who can't achieve the level of self honesty necessary for humbleness.

x2 ..... and to a child. Tsk

Actually, it wasn't to a child. It was to an adult at a gathering following a funeral and the child overheard. He also had a shot of whiskey in his hand.

Actually, it wasn't to a child. It was to an adult at a gathering following a funeral and the child overheard. He also had a shot of whiskey in his hand.

In the presence of a child.....nice

Amazing. The non-Catholics have appointed themselves saviors of those who enjoy Catholic seft deprecating humor. I see no indication of humbleness, but a large degree of self importance.

And to think...these are the same that argued for the great tolerance of the American society. Yet behavior demonstrates the exact opposite. LOL.

Amazing. The non-Catholics have appointed themselves saviors of those who enjoy Catholic seft deprecating humor. I see no indication of humbleness, but a large degree of self importance.

And to think...these are the same that argued for the great tolerance of the American society. Yet behavior demonstrates the exact opposite. LOL.

The topic is Health Care to control the people, not some lame joke said by a drunk catholic priest to a child, or citations... just reminding you.

The topic is Health Care to control the people, not some lame joke said by a drunk catholic priest to a child, or citations... just reminding you.

Agreed. That is the topic. And how hypocritical of you to remind us.

I don't care for "humor" that mocks any religion. I find it particularly disturbing that you find it humorous that a priest told you such an inappropriate "joke" when you were a child. You certainly aren't helping the Catholic priest reputation with that revelation. Was that some kind of subliminal dig at the Catholic Church?

I don't care for "humor" that mocks any religion. I find it particularly disturbing that you find it humorous that a priest told you such an inappropriate "joke" when you were a child. You certainly aren't helping the Catholic priest reputation with that revelation. Was that some kind of subliminal dig at the Catholic Church?

well what's funny in here is that everybody's telling Jillio to chill out on citation stuff and now this.

bad joke? yes but we all should chill out too :)

Your offense is duly noted. However, the population that is addressed in the joke is the population that has the right to take offense or not. I don't recall that the Catholics have requested your defense.

I know, and I am not religious.

To Catholics, it does. Obviously, you haven't spent a lot of time hanging out with many, have you?

:laugh2: That is too funny!

I spent a lot more of my younger life with my Catholic and Orthodox friends then any Baptists. I lived across the street from the Catholic girls' school and convent.

:laugh2: That is too funny!

I spent a lot more of my younger life with my Catholic and Orthodox friends then any Baptists. I lived across the street from the Catholic girls' school and convent.

Oh, yeah...living across the street...now there's the way to understand someone.:laugh2:

Nothing is ok in your book. Get over yourself.

Guess the Protestants are more hung up over sex and humor than the Catholics are.
Christians are not "hung up" over sex; we treasure, respect, and enjoy sex in the proper context and relationship.

Oh, that's even better--funeral humor. :roll:

well what's funny in here is that everybody's telling Jillio to chill out on citation stuff and now this.

bad joke? yes but we all should chill out too :)

She accused 2 people of a crime (directly or indirectly) questioned a members sexuality while at the same time stereotyping gay people, and made an off color joke about religion,all in this thread, and others should chill out? I think we have been really calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back