Have you ever yelled at your dispenser?

As the saying goes, NEWDME, "An emergency on your part doesn't make it a priority on mine." In other words, you should know better than to go someplace when you have a time constraint. I think you made a fool out of yourself.

Well, that may be so but it was my son's MRI results that I put off getting for months. I was too scared to get them because he had neuro surgery on his back when he was 18 mths old. I was in denial. Anyway, the time came that I HAD to go get the results on that day - - the fire was under my arse and I went before I procrasinated even longer. Fool or not, I am glad I went. I think I was distracted when I parked at the Children's Hospital in DETROIT - - one of the number one hospitals for children all over the world.

I often have to use parking garages because of my job. I always take note of which level that I park.

What is a car "dispenser"? I looked on Google and couldn't find anything that made sense. :dunno:

I often have to use parking garages because of my job. I always take note of which level that I park.

What is a car "dispenser"? I looked on Google and couldn't find anything that made sense. :dunno:

I think she meant the person who gave her HA.

yep especially she later posted that her dispenser brag about how wonderful this hearing aids is.

Anyway, a garage is the hardest to local sounds because of echos.
:ty:

I got confused about NEWIDME hitting the horn button and such. I thought it was some kind of electronic gizmo for finding the car. :giggle:

actually it is a gizmo, just that it is built in the car... I have one for my van.. If I get lost, I can press the "panic" button on the remote to find it... The remote usually have an automatic lock/unlock button

For me, too easy to find my 4x4 with 33' lift and black on black- Tacoma with 4 doors. ALSO, decal stickers, "NORCAL" and "SURF FOR LIFE"

actually it is a gizmo, just that it is built in the car... I have one for my van.. If I get lost, I can press the "panic" button on the remote to find it... The remote usually have an automatic lock/unlock button
Yes, Hubby has a remote key entry button that does that for his Jeep. But he never calls it a dispenser.

My Jeep is 1995, and has no electronic features, so I'm not as familiar with all new gadgets available.

That's why I have this on my Jeep antenna. It's easy to spot. :)

Attachments

• newchief.jpg
    newchief.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
I used to have to park in the 10 to 15-story midrise garage but usually try to park near the elevators. I have the remote key thing, but I rarely use it other than it going off on me. :aw:

My Jeep is 1995, and has no electronic features, so I'm not as familiar with all new gadgets available.

That's why I have this on my Jeep antenna. It's easy to spot. :)

So basically, NEWIDME is relying on technologies too much.. it could have been worst.. his car could have had no "panic" option or any electronic features to it.

I remember the days when my mom park in the hospital garage and forgotten where she parked. She didn't have any of those electronic features either.. because it was back in 1980's when they didn't make those things. We would searched for our car for an hour.

Maybe I am missing something here, but I fail to understand how a hearing aid dispenser is in any way resposnible for someone forgetting where they parked their car.:dunno2:

He is saying that IF his hearing aids was THAT good his dispenser bragged so much about, then it should have helped him locate his car while it was blaring.

Another word, He feel he was decieved by his hearing aids dispenser. but everyone knows that hearing aids can't locate sounds very well especially when there are echos.

He is saying that IF his hearing aids was THAT good his dispenser bragged so much about, then it should have helped him locate his car while it was blaring.

Another word, He feel he was decieved by his hearing aids dispenser. but everyone knows that hearing aids can't locate sounds very well especially when there are echos.

Exactly. So it wan't the dispenser fault in any way, shape or form. Why yell at them? Might be more appropriate to yell at himself for not taking the time to write down the location of his car.

I've never really lost my car. The only time I did was for a couple reasons... my car was stolen or I drove there in a different car (but forgot about it). ;)

I never really see any reasons to yell at objects because they fail me. Yelling at them isn't going to make things better. :)

I don't think anyone is claiming a right to yell at anybody. I am sure he understands that there was no need for it to happen.

There was just a lot of pressure and anxiety, and he 'cracked'. It has happened to me too. I don't think anyone is trying to say it was the right thing to do, just something that happened.

I have gotten upset at other people because of pressure and frustration on me that was not their fault, it isn't 'right' but it is something that can happen when overloaded, without meaning it.

I have forgotten where I have parked but usually end up finding my car anyway. If it is a large parking lot or large garage, I enter the parking number or parking level # in my pager so I can look it up when I look for my car.

I am just way too profoundly deaf to be able to localize sounds. I may hear the beeps but will never be able to tell where they are coming from so in that case a car dispener will not help me.

One time I went into the parking garage that I am not familar with and I couldn't find my car! So, I hit the horn button and listened. I could hear the horn but had no idea where it was coming from. I honked the horn dozen time and still couldn't locate my car. So, after 45 minutes of honking (it only beeps 3 times per remote hit) and looking I called my dispenser and said, 'these expensive things do not work for me!! I hate these f'ing things. I am in a parking garage and can't locate my car!!! This is f'ing crazy! How could you f'ing sell me these???)

I'm going to sign you up for anger management classes

I have forgotten where I have parked but usually end up finding my car anyway. If it is a large parking lot or large garage, I enter the parking number or parking level # in my pager so I can look it up when I look for my car.

I am just way too profoundly deaf to be able to localize sounds. I may hear the beeps but will never be able to tell where they are coming from so in that case a car dispener will not help me.
Yeah, that's understandable.

I do know some deaf people who go walking around bragging about their new "technological device that emits sound".

"Hey, I got this new keychain that whistles back when I whistle! Isn't that awesome!?"

"Look, check out my new ringtone!"

(None of them can understand what sound they're supposed to expect.)

:roll:

Exactly. So it wan't the dispenser fault in any way, shape or form. Why yell at them? Might be more appropriate to yell at himself for not taking the time to write down the location of his car.

it's like this - you bought your computer because it was advertised to be one of the fastest and most powerful stable computer ever! But... toward the deadline, you're using your computer for number crunching purpose for your research and then computer went kaput, crashing, etc. You'd yell at it, hit it.

One can say - well you should have a better time management but that's not really relevant and helping at all. so yea same thing

it's like this - you bought your computer because it was advertised to be one of the fastest and most powerful stable computer ever! But... toward the deadline, you're using your computer for number crunching purpose for your research and then computer went kaput, crashing, etc. You'd yell at it, hit it.

Exactly! :thumb:

Back