Have you ever yelled at your dispenser?

NEWIDME

Reaction score
One time I went into the parking garage that I am not familar with and I couldn't find my car! So, I hit the horn button and listened. I could hear the horn but had no idea where it was coming from. I honked the horn dozen time and still couldn't locate my car. So, after 45 minutes of honking (it only beeps 3 times per remote hit) and looking I called my dispenser and said, 'these expensive things do not work for me!! I hate these f'ing things. I am in a parking garage and can't locate my car!!! This is f'ing crazy! How could you f'ing sell me these???)

One time I went into the parking garage that I am not familar with and I couldn't find my car! So, I hit the horn button and listened. I could hear the horn but had no idea where it was coming from. I honked the horn dozen time and still couldn't locate my car. So, after 45 minutes of honking (it only beeps 3 times per remote hit) and looking I called my dispenser and said, 'these expensive things do not work for me!! I hate these f'ing things. I am in a parking garage and can't locate my car!!! This is f'ing crazy! How could you f'ing sell me these???)

2 words - anger management. not :rl:

I don't have one of those, but what I do if I park my car in an unfamiliar parking garage, I blow up a balloon, add a string, tie it to my outside mirror, and when I have to locate my car, I'll just look for the balloon. :mrgreen:

I know I have to control my anger but it's so frustrating when sound can not be located. I was time pressured as it was my lunch hour. And my dispenser is always raving about how great the HA's are and blah, blah, blah. I guess no one can relate?

In all seriousness, I always memorize markers about where my car is before I leave it.

I don't have one of those, but what I do if I park my car in an unfamiliar parking garage, I blow up a balloon, add a string, tie it to my outside mirror, and when I have to locate my car, I'll just look for the balloon. :mrgreen:
you actually keep some balloons in your car? I suppose your previous job was a clown.... :dunno2:

I know I have to control my anger but it's so frustrating when sound can not be located. I was time pressured as it was my lunch hour. And my dispenser is always raving about how great the HA's are and blah, blah, blah. I guess no one can relate?
yea I know what you mean. I just compensate it with better photographic memory... I try. It sounds like you recently purchased your dispensers or you recently have hearing loss. am I right?

Just guessing that the dispenser in this case is a person and not the little cassette where batteries are stored or the machine dispensing timed parking stubs. Great game, just like Clue: "The dispenser was strangled in the parking garage by Ms. NEWIDME."

My girlfriend has perfect, unassisted hearing and says multiple-level concrete parking garages make location by sound a very iffy thing, so maybe it might make better sense to yell at urban architects.

sadlly, not able to locate the sounds is part of deafness.. hearing aids can not do what our ear haircells can do (filtering sound, understanding the depth and length of sounds, etc. ), All it can do help us is hear sounds.

They say that wearing two hearing aids/CI helps some but not completely.

sadlly, not able to locate the sounds is part of deafness.. hearing aids can not do what our ear haircells can do (filtering sound, understanding the depth and length of sounds, etc. ), All it can do help us is hear sounds.

They say that wearing two hearing aids/CI helps some but not completely.

Yes.. Wearing two helps a lot.. I experienced it..

:lol: No, I have two kids.

ah... what was I thinking? mom is like a police officer - equipped with everything for most scenarios :cool2: My mom was like that too! but.... not balloons... just sedative drugs :|

ah... what was I thinking? mom is like a police officer - equipped with everything for most scenarios :cool2: My mom was like that too! but.... not balloons... just sedative drugs :|

:laugh2:

you actually keep some balloons in your car? I suppose your previous job was a clown.... :dunno2:

yea I know what you mean. I just compensate it with better photographic memory... I try. It sounds like you recently purchased your dispensers or you recently have hearing loss. am I right?

Nah, I've had my loss since 5 yrs of age. The aids were about a year old. the parking garage was at the hospital that carried the results of my son's MRI. I like the balloon idea but I don't think it would have helped in this case. My car was on a different level. I ended up having someone who was driving by help me find my car. I felt so bad and a bit freaked out.

As the saying goes, NEWDME, "An emergency on your part doesn't make it a priority on mine." In other words, you should know better than to go someplace when you have a time constraint. I think you made a fool out of yourself.

For real?

Yeah once, they didn't have a number on the wall, It was an old parking garage. Silly huh? but it works wonder. :giggle:

I think that's clever! :) ... provided the balloon hasn't been popped by a 'party pooper' before finding one's car. :giggle:

Back