Have you EVER went to....

BabyAngel

Reaction score
Have you ever went to the tanning bed before? If so, why did you go there? Just like to be tan?

If you never went to the tanning bed before, tell me why? Do you trust tanning bed?

BabyAngel said:
Have you ever went to the tanning bed before? If so, why did you go there? Just like to be tan?

If you never went to the tanning bed before, tell me why? Do you trust tanning bed?

I never need tanning bed .. My skin is pale and very sensitive to sunlight.. That's why I can easily tan in fifteen to thirty minutes :mrgreen:
It's so simple to me. I don't even need to have sunbath .. Just I walk outdoors and that's IT :eek:

That TANNING booth i will never never ever go there.. My boyfriend said why not go there.. i said i'm afraid know why? CANCER!!!!! i'm afraid cuz i heard about that if u took too much of tanning booth u can get cancer.. cuz of my family history cancer and im afraid.. i get so burn so easly if i go outside with sun u know so Just my opinion! :-D

I go to tanning bed everyday and because I want to and need to. I will be a maid of honor in my sister's wedding and I am supposely wearing a dress with no straps so I need to look GOOD. I am fair-skinned and I got so pretty tan within 5 days. I look good.

BTW, Tanning Bed is most safe to go than go in the sun. SUN is most dangerous because of rays. My dr. confirmed me that it is good for me to go to tanning bed as long as I dont get burned because I am fair-skinned. I put on tanning lotion to keep me from getting burned and helping me to get tanned fast. That is why I got tanned within 5 days. I am still going to the tanning bed as long as I want to. I love it and I see my friends there all the time so they tell me that it is better than get burned in the sun.

Trust me, I got burned from the sun and I had heatstroke twice within 2 months because of that. Tanning bed? Never. Better than the sun.

never, only real SUN outside, backyard there's pool playing with my 2 girls and getting tanned along together ;)

I went there before til i learned abt tanning bed can caused cancer n lumps so i quitted when i was senior since.. Wont go there again..

I never go there which I dont trust it. my 2nd sister went there few times. that her plm .. if I tell her about it and she would snob or ingore me or else.

Tanning bed is a bit more easy on the skin than Sun because it does not have all the rays that the sun has.
(That's why people who got tanned in the booth first might still get burned in the sun)

Tanning booth where the time spent in is controlled is the best way to tan for someone with fair skin who burns easily.

I have very fair skin, very easily burned, I can burst into flames just standing in the sun,

but if I start with 5 min every other day,
after a week I can start increasing to two consecutive days of tanning,
and then everyday,
and then depending on the lamps I can start adding a minute or two everyday until I get full half hr or 45 min again depending on the lamps.

Or, if I don't mind a bit of itching here and there I can do it faster by tanning everyday for 5 min and in the next week increasing time by minute and then by 5 min every week.

It really depends on my mood and patience.

But I don't care if I am tanned or not unless I would like to look good for some event like going somewhere in summer.

Fuzzy

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
I go to tanning bed everyday and because I want to and need to. I will be a maid of honor in my sister's wedding and I am supposely wearing a dress with no straps so I need to look GOOD. I am fair-skinned and I got so pretty tan within 5 days. I look good.

BTW, Tanning Bed is most safe to go than go in the sun. SUN is most dangerous because of rays. My dr. confirmed me that it is good for me to go to tanning bed as long as I dont get burned because I am fair-skinned. I put on tanning lotion to keep me from getting burned and helping me to get tanned fast. That is why I got tanned within 5 days. I am still going to the tanning bed as long as I want to. I love it and I see my friends there all the time so they tell me that it is better than get burned in the sun.

Trust me, I got burned from the sun and I had heatstroke twice within 2 months because of that. Tanning bed? Never. Better than the sun.

Oh boy never allow use tanning bed everyday .. oh boy becareful ok ...

first time was for prom in high school- got really burnt: learned my lesson to wear those lotions that they make for those beds.

I went 3-4 more times in college during winter time. It is relaxing and I felt refreshed afterwards

BabyAngel said:

Nope, I have never went. No, I don't trust them. I got burned really bad oh I say when I was 17. Ever since then, I have been very concious about wearing a T-shirt, not over exposing my skin since there is a history of skin cancer on my mom's side of the family. I love my milky white skin ...no reason to change.

CutePommie said:
Oh boy never allow use tanning bed everyday .. oh boy becareful ok ...

I go everyday and it is better than to be burned from the sun. Thank you very much. :) Btw, my dr. confirmed that before I went to the tanning bed. I asked him before I started going to tanning bed. Thanks.

If one of you ended up burnt really bad, it is just because you stay in the tanning bed too long in the beginning. You are suppose to stay in the tanning bed for about 10 to 15 minutes for the first, second, and third time. After you realize that you are getting a little bit dark, you can go ahead and use 20 or more minutes. But only limit is 30 minutes per day.

I do go to the tanning bed three times a week just between 20 to 30 minutes depend on how I feel. If I feel a little bit burn on my back, I must turn so I can lay my stomach on the bed. It is very important to turn if you feel a little bit burn because if you stay longer on the same way, it can get burn a lot.

I did ask my doctor about me going to the tanning bed, he checked up on me to make sure I can go or not, after checked up...he said its fine for me as long as I won't go there a lot, just three to four times a week but I rather to go there for three times a week for safety anyway

I've been to tanning booth four times in my life. The reason I went to tanning booth is because I have a very fair skin. I look better with tan when I'm wearing sleeveless, "v" necked dress.

1990 - Senior Prom in my Junior year
1991 - Senior Prom in my Senior year
2001 - My wedding
2002 - My best friend's wedding bec I was a bridesmaid

I use sunless tanning lotion now because it's safer.

Catmandu said:
I've been to tanning booth four times in my life. The reason I went to tanning booth is because I have a very fair skin. I look better with tan when I'm wearing sleeveless, "v" necked dress.

1990 - Senior Prom in my Junior year
1991 - Senior Prom in my Senior year
2001 - My wedding
2002 - My best friend's wedding bec I was a bridesmaid

I use sunless tanning lotion now because it's safer.

Cat, can you explain a little more about this "sunless tanning lotion"? Hope this finds you well...

Yes I have been to the tanning salon many times during my high school years and even afterwards, also went a few times before I got married, and after that as well too, haven't gone for maybe 2 years now.....

^Angel^ said:
Yes I have been to the tanning salon many times during my high school years and even afterwards, also went a few times before I got married, and after that as well too, haven't gone for maybe 2 years now.....

^ Same with ^Angel^, The first time I went tanning was in high school, burnt my buns. I couldn't sit for days. :giggle:

Back