Have you ever taken your wedding ring off since the day you got married?

Kelpies

Reaction score
My mum was very superstitious. She said if you take your wedding ring off, it will bring back luck. Do you believe that? :|

and leave ring on your finger as it gonna smell stink? Eww. Wash please and leave it while sleep. :)

My first wedding ring had to be cut off when I had a bad antibiotic reaction and swelling. It was ruined and had to be replaced.

Still married to the same man for 30 years and expect to be until I die.

I do not believe the superstition. I am living proof it is wrong.

My first wedding ring had to be cut off when I had a bad antibiotic reaction and swelling. It was ruined and had to be replaced.

Still married to the same man for 30 years and expect to be until I die.

I do not believe the superstition. I am living proof it is wrong.

wow I'm wondering how do they cut the ring on your swelling finger. I can't imagine using circular saw! :eek3:

DON'T CUT MY FINGER OFF, BRO!

I don't believe in superstitious.

I never have cut off my wedding ring. I don't believe in superstitious. I have no idea why your mom have a cut off. :dunno: It's not smell terrible. You have to wash your ring all the times. I took my ring off while shower and make a cookies or dough. I can get it off when I am doing with dishes. I have no problem with my skin when i am wearing a rings.

I have take mine off when I make meatloaf and other foods, to clean my ring or when I do anything that jeopardizes me losing it.

I have take mine off when I make meatloaf and other foods, to clean my ring or when I do anything that jeopardizes me losing it.

Same here.

Also if one is going to have surgery, you would want to take your jewelry off. I did.

I've had mine off numerous times for numerous reason. Cooking, cleaning, pantyhose, c-sections (2). No problems.

I don't think it is really superstitious to believe that when one does not wear a wedding ring after they get married will result in a bad luck.

Sure, wedding rings are a unity symbol for a couple but however, if it was just for the bad luck, there's no reason why we should not wear it or to wear it.

Perhaps, some believe that not wearing a wedding ring would only results in leading to problem but that is not always true. I've known a lot of people who are married and they don't wear their wedding ring. Some of them would prefer to hang their wedding ring on a necklace or elsewhere. It does not mean by one is required to wear a wedding ring.

when i got married somedays i would remind what im really need to ring removed or not because of swollen but i can cook,shower,anythings what i wanted it they i will return to rings again.But i can explain my future husband because of my hands swollen somedays.

my 2 Aunt always ring off when she married i know its her choice that side of my mom's

but my grandma dont removes rings when she remarried in 1995

Only time I take mine off are as follows:
1. getting fixed
2. Getting Cleaned
3. Working-depending what I am doing
4. Deployed and ring broke-Then again, I made a field ring too(took some green string and melted the ends together, and made a ring).

And FYI, due to my job, it a safety haz if I leave my ring on. I a geese monkey that works with a love of volts. So I could get it ripped off or melted off. Either way, I lose a finger.

My wife will inform her friends abt it and all, and joke abt it. Then try to take it off, which I won't let her. If fun picking on her. I believe in that BS, no. It just a symbol of our love and vows, soo, I won't take it off due to that, unless i have too.

I developed a rash on my ring finger so I had to take it off to let it heal. Felt funny to go around without it. LOL!

All my life I don't wear any jewerly it makes me uncomfortable and uneasy wearing anything on me.

After I married my wife, 3 days later that ring drives me nuts and I decided to take out for a while then try use again, still uncomfortable I gave up and told my wife, even though its only ring, we are still married. She understand and she still wears her ring.

I do often my ring off, because i play too hard sport. Should i lost my ring? No thanks! I put my ring in my bag or something. If i am finish to playing by sport, then i take it.

I only take my ring off to be cleaned or if I am going to use my hands for something messy like cookie or pie dough.

I don't believe in luck. I usually take it off when I take showers, go to the swimming pools/ocean, and washing dishes.

Yeah, removing the ring before you play any sport is recommended. I accidentally cut my right arm with a ring while packing my things. Ouch!

there are various of perferences in people's. Some of them wear necklace, rings, braclet, and many symbols that they have.

i met one couple, that they have tattoo that symbol of their marriage. I think it is really cool.

Back