Have you ever been pulled over by the cops?

Yes. :)

It's common for lots of students to sleep in their cars before or between classes.

ah - same here :lol:

I was thinking of sleeping at public space like Rest Area. Remember Michael Jordan's father? :(

CA Tint laws suck, but people still do it. I think the law is still in place because of the same sort of stereotype that used to be placed on cell phone users back in the early 90s; drug-dealing. I don't think it's so much as a public safety issue (yeah, I can see where sometimes, very minimally though, that I as a civilian driver need to see what the other driver is looking at) as it is a stereotype issue.

My brother used to be in the Marines at Camp Pendleton in San Diego. When he and his buddies would get pulled over for speeding (105+ mph) they would just show their military ID's and a simple "be safe".

I got pulled over a lot last year for not having "current" regs. Car wouldn't pass smog. Unlucky really. There's some other posts about my experiences and overall they just suck.

Most cops are ok. Some pretend to be hard-asses just so they're in control of the situation. Best advice about pull-overs I ever got was from a trainee who was deciding on a career but never did it: when you get pulled over, always turn off your ignition and place your keys on the windshield and your hands on the steering - if you have guests, tell them to put their hands on the seat in front of them. This signals the officer that you know what the stop is about and you're not doing anything worse than a simple traffic violation.

I used to hate CHP, but a few days ago I saw this trooper make a full stop in this risky lane before a huge highway interchange mess. He was pulling a huge amount of debris of the road in a single lane with nothing but one car behind him to protect him. Cars whizzing past him 70 mph; not much warning ahead, single lane stop. I was astounded. Balls of steel. Playing frogger in traffic to prevent accidents. I know I don't get the same amount and for good reason.

yes. if it's night time - turn on your dome light, open window all the way down.

Wirelessly posted

I used to get pulled over all the time in Irvine CA when I went to college during night driving. 'Safest city in the USA' or CA / something like that. the officers were brutal cause they would intentionally flash the maglight in your face then say "oh sorry" but we know they intentionally do it to see if you are drunk.

Wirelessly posted

I used to get pulled over all the time in Irvine CA when I went to college during night driving. 'Safest city in the USA' or CA / something like that. the officers were brutal cause they would intentionally flash the maglight in your face then say "oh sorry" but we know they intentionally do it to see if you are drunk.

and also to see if your pupils are dilated

As for the peeing in public comment... I'd be way to frightened to EVER! I heard a scary rumor that peeing in public can land you a indecent exposure which can automatically put you on a sex offender list and I want to be a teacher someday! That would be baaaaad... and kill my dreams. :(

My brother was caught by a cop for peeing outside a local bar in 1981 because the bathroom was too full, so he could not hold it himself. He got fine over $100 for just peeing. He was just 17 years old. Thank god, but today, law is insane. If I get caught peeing outside, then my name will be on sexual offender list. Fuggheeddiit!!

I got pulled over by NJ State Troopers last sunday because I was little bit weaving on GSP. I told the friendly troopers that I was very tired and I drove all the way from Atlantic City (national deaf poker tournament) to home. They let me go. :aw: Damn, they are so cute. :naughty:

Hey Douglas...You still alive???...You got us all worried about you and all the other people on the road whom you could kill!!!!

Hey. Yeah. I'm very much alive. What's up? I currently don't have a car but still licensed to drive. I have always been renting a car when I travel. =) Didn't try to hurt anyone or try to get in trouble since 2 years now. I am much more careful these days.

Last edited:
To add my new rule (a rule established in early 2009): anyone in the car which I am driving, they are banned to smoke a marijunana. I can't afford being DUI from second hand smoking. Yes, this also means that I am no longer smoking it while driving (since March 2006.)

To add my new rule (a rule established in early 2009): anyone in the car which I am driving, they are banned to smoke a marijunana. I can't afford being DUI from second hand smoking. Yes, this also means that I am no longer smoking it while driving (since March 2006.)

no rule is needed. It's illegal to smoke marijuana in USA anyway :aw:

I require all seat belts fastened, no drinks of any kind, no smoking of any kind, no food of any kind, all hands down and not blocking any view of windows and no shaking or bouncing in the seat.

Kids complain that I am too particular, but them's the rulez!!

no rule is needed. It's illegal to smoke marijuana in USA anyway :aw:

Yet still my cousins and friends chose to ignore and disrespected my wish. I told them they are not allowed and once again they did it again. If i'm in someone else's car, that's their own choice and it has nothing to do with me if I'm under influence while not driving.

I got pulled over by NJ State Troopers last sunday because I was little bit weaving on GSP. I told the friendly troopers that I was very tired and I drove all the way from Atlantic City (national deaf poker tournament) to home. They let me go. :aw: Damn, they are so cute. :naughty:

What's GSP?

Yet still my cousins and friends chose to ignore and disrespected my wish. I told them they are not allowed and once again they did it again. If i'm in someone else's car, that's their own choice and it has nothing to do with me if I'm under influence while not driving.

well that's fine but you chose to give them a ride so.... as a driver - you are responsible for whatever's going on in your car and your cousins/friends are responsible for their own action too.

sorry guys but SO GLAD and THANKFUL many and more states do not allow tint windows. drivers with leaving their pets dying inside car and go "oh no worries, I have tint windows.." :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Back