have you ever been discouraged from choosing NTID?

To answer the original question, don't let anyone try to control your educational direction. Listen to their advice, but don't let them tell you what to do. Take what you hear from NTID, your advisors, friends, and make up your own mind.

RIT/NTID isn't as thorough with being a deaf uni as Gally is by any measure, but they do try really hard and while it's not perfect the fact RIT is making an effort to accomodate the deaf/hh students not just in NTID but throughout RIT at large is commendable. There are some rough edges, but the school really shines at the times where its utterly seemless.

Name another 'hearing' university that is that committed to integrating deaf students at RIT's degree and I'll give you an undetermined sum of money.

he said that I am smarter than him (he has learning disability) .

-

Excuse me for this but I really have to rant about this. -- LEARNING DISABILITIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE INTELLIGENT, ONLY WITH THE WAY THAT YOU -LEARN- TO BECOME INTELLIGENT. GAAHH. I hate this, everyone says that people with learning disabilities aren't "smart enough" or are "stupid"-- It's only the goddamn people that won't give them an IEP to be able to make them learn in their own way- I know someone who is GIFTED LEARNING DISABILITY, with Dyslexia, and she has like 130 IQ and they had to give her SLT and she is doing brilliant now in college with help she gets, and she is "Learning Disabled" AAGHH. Alriight. I'm done. You all can flame me now. ;}

NTID is a great place and offers a migration path into RIT. Way back, when I attended the EYF program, I met with a counselor. Otensibly, he was there to 'recruit' me. Being a native Floridian, I inquired about the weather, naturally! The counselor smiled and said, 'When you leave for classes in the morning, please smile.' I found it odd and asked why. He replied, 'Your face will freeze all day!'

I eventually enrolled at Gallaudet. :)

Back