Have you cut off contact from your family for some reason?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
For me unforuntley, I am cutting off contact from my family until they realize and change.. and make it work which I don't think they will.. so its their loss not us. I have my own family that Jeremy and I both created and Jeremy's family plus our friends anyways. :)

Dont worry, your true friend and family will be there for you so just focus on what's priority in your life right now... ;)

Sorry about that. I hope they realize what they're missing out. :(

FelixKat930 said:
Aww thanks Nozo hugs and sorry Oceanbreaze.. that was brave of you to do that!

Thanks. Just somethin I had to do. I'm still in the process of healing from some things.

I'm in the process of cutting my family off I've aready been disowned my majority of my family because i'm "different" because I like piercings and tattoo's and i don't always bring home guys who are iv league

FelixKat930 said:
For me unforuntley, I am cutting off contact from my family until they realize and change.. and make it work which I don't think they will.. so its their loss not us. I have my own family that Jeremy and I both created and Jeremy's family plus our friends anyways. :)

I wish i was in your shoes, to tell you the thruth. My family are unreal sometimes. They are always making me and my hubby feeling small and stupid and thinking we can't do anything for ourselves. They are a right cow. They live 10 mins up the road. My hubby said if he ever get a job transfer etc...we never get in contact with them. You are very lucky person not getting in contact with your family. Fair play to you!!! :cheers:

Just because you have family a very short distance away from you or family get togethers does NOT mean you have to attend them. I have relatives that have that kind of attitude, unfortunately I have to see some of them tomorrow at my youngest niece's open graduation party. I have done nothing to receive disrepect, other than to be a "professional student" and less than one handful have even gone to college or trade school.

My next older brother (I'm youngest of three boys) severed ties with the family maybe about ten years ago and it's a good thing he knows why he did it because none of us will be able to figure out. I occasionally get some relatives asking me how he's doing, of which they know we know nothing. His kids keep in (somewhat) contact; he had a fight a few years ago with his oldest and disowned him, but is making amends because the youngest told her dad exactly what she thought of him (and he actually listened).

I will be cutting off contact with my family as soon as I get married if this keeps up. I am sick and tired of some my family being mad at me for wanting to marry a deaf woman.

FelixKat930 said:
Gosh some parents could never admit their mistakes and always lies and stay in denial!
:gpost: This is why I don't believe "I did this because I love my kid! How dare you doubt that?!" until they prove it some other way than through attempts to normalize the kid...

I did have cut off contact with my older sister because my dad kicked her out of his life for some reasons which it's not my dad's fault, it's my sister's fault. Until recently, she and I finally got in contact again from Myspace website, she and I'm thinking about to see each other again this June 20 to 27 when Sequoias and I get in Michigan.

Felt bad for my sister and daddy becuase they don't contact in with each other.

i am planning to cut out of my family life my parents when i move out of my state i haven't not move of my state yet cuz no money to cover the move but soon
they don't undy me anymore cuz i can't work cuz of employment were low and i wouldn't be able to get hired

but not with my younger brother and his new family (his wife of 4 years and 7mos old daughter who thinks i am funny lol) we are so close we understood each other

felix i undy how you feel smile hugs

Last edited:
I keep in contact with all my family that is still alive.

I've already cut off all contact with my step-grandfather after my grandmother passed away. My mom and her all sibings haven't talked to him, too. He is a big jerk!!

I dropped a bomb on my aunt. She tried to contact me..funny, this next door tenant told my aunt that "(we) they moved to Arcadia." She took it and left. Never want her in my life nor my families' lives either. We got enough of her craziness and cuckoo talks...<sigh> They all found out it was her all along. We cut a tie on her or disown her. She doesn't care??! She's gotta be weirdo. Grrr!

My mom and I patched up when I was 20 years old...although, I used to hold a grudge against her for telling my NA dad to leave before my birth. I felt like a lost child in the wild. Until I met several Cherokee members whom are in the similar situations like me..they felt either abandoned or lost by family members due to other family members. Of course, I met my uncle (my dad's brother)...but still longing for my father. He's a stubborn trucker traveling from state to state all his life as my mom told me. That sucks to be in this life.... <sigh>

It's a good thing you decided to cut off contacts with your family members until the heat winds down first. You need a huge break away from them.

I have cut off my sister cuz she is one heck of sneaking person. GRRRRRRRRRRR she never learn not to do that. She hurt me big time. I also cut off one of my cousin who is controlling freak. Geez Whack her head!!

Yea I will fight with her if she started up like that. Oh Well!!

FelixKat930 said:
I guess you aren't the only one here... I'm about to be next in line... Am ready to cut off contact with my deaf brother. Oakley did vent in other thread and that's part of the story. My brother seem doesn't understand me and look like he's turning himself into like our dad. I'm not gonna get into the details until I'm in mood for it...

Back