Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are satan worshipper.

Originally posted by wickedeyed
u know what i'd do..
open the door naked...
when they look at me..

i'd scream

"you've sinned bitch!"

:dies laughing: :lol: :laugh2: :rofl:

Never happened to me...not yet. If that happens, I won't answer the damn door. I aint interested in JW. :o

my mom always lie that to JW people but some are from my school :eek: but she wud telll them I ain't here but I'm here anyways :laugh2:

i will tell them I am very proud of being WITCH (involve in Witchcraft).
Laz, do you also play softball? Did you first fall in love at an all-girls camp? You an earth crunchy granola grrrl type? :greddy: Man...we really need a lesbian or inclusive GLB smiley!
It cracks me up how some people really do fit popular stereotypes to a T. I mean I love softball, listen to the Indigo Girls, live in overalls, am a tomboy, hate dresses and girlly stuff, first fell in love with a girl at an all girls camp back in mid-90's, and am a radical hippy activist type to a T!...oh yes, and I am a BIG dyke!

Lasza, you're right JW don't believe in holidays, birthdays, etc for the main reason... They believe and follow what the bible tell them to do...

Justin Sane, they are not satan worshipper... they believe in Jesus and God which his actual name is Jehovah that what they believe...in the bible it doesn't say anything about believing the satan...

For y'll whose don't want JW bothering ya... here's other suggestion... Put a sign on your front door that say no soliciator allowed (which mean person who sell something) and also add that includes Jehovah's Witnesses people if you come knocking on my door police will come and have you arrested for annoying...

In grade school there was always that one kid who separated himself from the class.

Maybe you noticed that he didn't take part in holidays like Christmas, Easter or Halloween. He would stand aside as everyone passed out valentines and sat by himself in a corner when everybody else was drawing pictures of Santa Claus.

Maybe you saw him respectfully stand up when it was time to salute the flag, but he didn't put his hand over his heart and say the Pledge of Allegiance like the rest of the class.

I was one of those kids. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness.

Even though I haven't been practicing since junior high, it's still hard not to be embarrassed about my family's religious background.

It wasn't until recently that I started thinking about what being a Jehovah's Witness taught me about being an American.

Jehovah's Witnesses are, for all practical intents and purposes, fanatics, but they are no more fanatical than the rest of Christianity in this country. They use the same bible, they believe in the same god and they go to church every Sunday. They've just interpreted the bible differently and called God "Jehovah."

The only real difference (aside from the theological ones) between Jehovah's Witnesses and mainstream Christians in America is that Witnesses go out of their way to distance themselves from the government. They won't vote, engage in military service or pledge allegiance to a flag. For them, any human government can't hold a candle to God's. However, they won't break any law that doesn't conflict with their faith, so they pay taxes and stay out of everyone's way (except when they wake you up on Saturday morning to give you copies of "Watchtower" magazine). Mostly, they just want to be left alone to practice their faith, like anyone else.

The most striking thing about this group of Christians is that, unlike the pro-war, Jesus-loves-you, flag-waving ones in this country, they won't break God's most important law: "Thou shall not kill."

As my great uncles found out during the '40s,'50s and '60s, standing up for God's main law and your constitutionally protected freedom of religion during a time of war can get you into big trouble.

Last year, when I went on my annual hunting trip to Tule Lake with my dad and my Uncle Art, Art said something to me that I'll never forget.

On our way home, we drove by one of the decommissioned Japanese internment camps from World War II. It was cold outside, around 10 degrees, and as we passed the coiled barbed wire, half-standing shacks and old foundations, I started talking about how bad the Japanese must have had it in their little un-insulated shanties in the middle of winter.

Art laughed bitterly and told me that he wished he had it so good.

Uncle Art and his two older brothers spent time in prison between 1946 and 1960 because they refused the draft. All three were avid Jehovah's Witnesses at the time, and they refused to join the military because they wouldn't take the life of another person. To them, it went against all that the bible teaches.

Needless to say, Art, who hasn't been a Witness for years, is kind of bitter about the subject. He was engaging in the very American act of practicing his religion, and got punished for it.

"The Japanese got $20,000," Uncle Art told me. "I got a felony conviction, a year and a day in the can, $15 and a bus ticket home."

He went on to tell me that when he was a kid, he got suspended from school for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Thinking back to my own childhood, my choice to not pledge allegiance to the flag was probably the most American thing that I've ever done.

I'm an atheist now and have put my faith in other things. Though I don't I believe in God anymore, I do believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. So to show my respect for a group of people who have been to the Supreme Court 23 times and have been persecuted in order to practice one of the basic freedoms we take for granted, to this day I've never pledged allegiance to my country's flag

Sabrina, all of your statement above are true... when you stop attending their meeting... Not only they attend on Sunday, they also attend 3 time a week for bible study, public talk, watchtower reading, ministry meeting, and couple more for 3 days a week which steal my time...

Have you noticed if JW people comes to your door and they said they want to tell you a "good news" but which they usually tell the bad news that's effecting now and what the good news will come out of it in the future... that's always their comments...my family are still strongly believing in that religion... I'm living with my mom and brother but in upcoming 2 month I'll be out going to Gallaudet so no people can bother me!

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Sabrina, all of your statement above are true... when you stop attending their meeting... Not only they attend on Sunday, they also attend 3 time a week for bible study, public talk, watchtower reading, ministry meeting, and couple more for 3 days a week which steal my time...

Have you noticed if JW people comes to your door and they said they want to tell you a "good news" but which they usually tell the bad news that's effecting now and what the good news will come out of it in the future... that's always their comments...my family are still strongly believing in that religion... I'm living with my mom and brother but in upcoming 2 month I'll be out going to Gallaudet so no people can bother me!

It would be a good for you to entroll Gallaudet this coming August. :D

yeah I can't even wait to go Gallaudet and tell my family via online that I'm gay and have bf and they go :wtf: and I might ask them if they want to see me then I will bring my bf along with me if they don't want me to bring my bf with me then I'll say too bad my bf's my family now so ta ta!

I've had them come to my door a couple times. A friend of mine did a funny thing though when it happened to him. He saw them from his bedroom window so he quickly got naked and then opened the door. They blushed immediately and apologized for intruding then left. Hehehe! :laugh2:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
yeah I can't even wait to go Gallaudet and tell my family via online that I'm gay and have bf and they go :wtf: and I might ask them if they want to see me then I will bring my bf along with me if they don't want me to bring my bf with me then I'll say too bad my bf's my family now so ta ta!

Did not your parents know that you are gay ? I may misunderstand you. When you will arrive Gally then tell them on the line that you are gay ? Weren't you afraid to tell them now in the person ?? Why are you afraid ?

Originally posted by wickedeyed
u know what i'd do..
open the door naked...
when they look at me..

i'd scream

"you've sinned bitch!"

ahhh i ll try that. thanks, wickedeyed !

Originally posted by deafclimber
ahhh i ll try that. thanks, wickedeyed !

:naughty: I would be preposterous to be a Jehovah Witness at your door. It would be a good take an advantage to seeing your nice pecker. It would be a great idea for me to come over your place this weekend. Anyone of you have his home address? :D

Originally posted by AmericanChopper
How about this ?

DARN !!! I wish, he is my roommate.

Absolutely, Bean would scare the Jehovah Witnesses away in one second. :wave: Bye Jehovah people!!

I think, Wendy and Lane may ask Bean to be their new roommate. ;)

Originally posted by Sabrina
DARN !!! I wish, he is my roommate.

Absolutely, Bean would scare the Jehovah Witnesses away in one second. :wave: Bye Jehovah people!!

I think, Wendy and Lane may ask Bean to be their new roommate. ;)

Ewwwwww :barf:

Bean can live with you and American :naughty:

Because I told him so!

Wendy ;)

Originally posted by WBHarley
Ewwwwww :barf:

Bean can live with you and American :naughty:

Because I told him so! Wendy ;)

:fu: Bean rather to be with you guys. I already gave him your home address. He is on the way to your home.

Remind you to go to food shopping, clean your house, make a bed for Bean, etc... Have a fun with him this weekend !

:fu: Bean rather to be with you guys. I already gave him your home address. He is on the way to your home.

Remind you to go to food shopping, clean your house, make a bed for Bean, etc... Have a fun with him this weekend !

Bean is :dizzy: for going back and forth... He could not get :naughty: anymore

So he is long long long gone!

Wendy
;)

Did not your parents know that you are gay ? I may misunderstand you. When you will arrive Gally then tell them on the line that you are gay ? Weren't you afraid to tell them now in the person ?? Why are you afraid ?
my parents doesn't know that I'm gay yet. If I tell them, I may be afraid to have no place to stay... so I wanna wait until go to Gally to tell them online and see what's their react so I will know if I want to come back home for vacation or never... I'm also afraid to tell my mother right now cuz she usually blabs a rumor even though it's a big/small deal or personality thing to JW ppl so I don't want JW ppl come storming in my mom's house and cussing at me... so I want to break the news to them online and not see their faces sobbing but rather hear their words...

BTW I'm :rofl: at all of the comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back