Have Mormon people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwstones

Reaction score
Have the Mormon people come to your door? How do u feel the reaction from them when they stand outside in front of your door? Would you shut the door faster to them when u know it's Mormon missionaries?

shut them out? how will you say if they are looking for map if they are lost to find that person house?

What Mormon people?.... *lost here*

^Angel^ said:
What Mormon people?.... *lost here*

Usually they're the ones wearing their spiffy white shirts with ties and always walking and not driving...knocking on doors in hopes that they'll convert someone. ;)

Roadrunner said:
Usually they're the ones wearing their spiffy white shirts with ties and always walking and not driving...knocking on doors in hopes that they'll convert someone. ;)

Oh you mean those religion people like JW?..

Yeah, they are no different from others alike JW or Baptist, they come to our door many time but now it has been quiet for few years after I told my Mormon friend to tell them not to come our door.

Roadrunner said:
Bingo! You win a *kiss* on da forehead.... :D

Eh? on the forehead? aww you could do alot better than THAT!

Sorry for the off-topic :scatter:

It's happened to me once, but I didn't find them to be particularly pushy when I told them I was already going to a church I was happy with.

Roadrunner said:

They with their bike helments also ride the mountain bikes...

I love to :fu: them when they walk by or stand. They just wave back...what a loser.

Thank God!! They never stop my house nothing! but Yes, JW only GGRRR!! They are very smart enough. We checked who cars or trucks. We opened the door hhmm... We wondered where they own their cars? We walked and they parking the car on hide somewhere and on corner. We digusted it! Next time, We will know it! We won't answer the door when they hided the cars.

Rose Immortal said:
It's happened to me once, but I didn't find them to be particularly pushy when I told them I was already going to a church I was happy with.

True, they aren't as pushy as another so-called group that goes around knocking on doors to no end. Generally, they're well groomed, have courteous manners, etc., so they're all not as bad as most of us would be so easily inclined to think...yet, for me...I'll simply tell them; "No thank you, have a nice day now and hope to see you in Heaven with Jesus." ;)

I've had Mormons come to my door and my friends' doors too.

One time, I was standing outside of my apartment last summer. A SUV drove by and stopped in front of my apartment. The driver opened the window and called out for my attention. I approached the SUV. They asked if I knew anyone who was deaf in the neighborhood. I told them no. Then they started preaching to me about why I should join their Mormon church. They also said that they wanted me to help them spread the word to other deaf people.

Years ago, my friend had a visit from a door-to-door Mormon guy. This guy acknowledged that he knew that my friend was deaf and wanted to talk to him about something. My friend knew that it was going to be about Mormon religion, but he was curious about how that guy knew he was deaf. After that guy talked for a bit, my friend thanked him for his time and showed him to the door. When he opened the door and that guy walked past the doorway, my friend asked him... "How did you know I was deaf?" That guy then pulled out a packet and said that he had a complete listing of all the deaf people in the Rochester area. My friend immediately grabbed that list and slammed the door on that guy.

Jeez, where's our privacy?

They never comes to my door for 20+ years!!

I used to work with a man who is member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints church", he bring flyers to my work until my boss told him not to otherwise he will lose his job on the spot!!!

............. "How did you know I was deaf?" That guy then pulled out a packet and said that he had a complete listing of all the deaf people in the Rochester area. My friend immediately grabbed that list and slammed the door on that guy.

Yes same here, I asked Jehoval Witness about it, and was told they keep a Deaf Directory to bother us, and writing on dates of visit, feedback history note like positive to join bible study soon etc.

I have never had any Mormons knock on my door but I think it is because I have never lived in an area where there are lots of Mormons.

But I do not want them to come to the door. If Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons or any other religious groups come to my door, they better obey my sign saying "No biblethumpers or I will call police" because that sign applies to ALL religions.

I have seen Mormons out and about, and they tend to wear tags that says "Elder John" "Elder whatever your name is". I just avoid them.

VamPyroX said:
My friend immediately grabbed that list and slammed the door on that guy.

Good for that guy for snatching that list out of the biblethumper's hand!

I would have snatched the list and then conked the biblethumper over the head with it and then slam the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back