Have ALL your family & friends boycott Netflix

Well, i happen to hear very well on the phone, but dont you have relay phones (or whatever that service where you have an phone interpreter)?

Maybe they don't have an email service because sooo many people email the company with rants/complains/questions, it would be just more convient for them to have people call. I'm sure it cost more for the company to have people on the side for email services vs. phone services.

How says its discrimination for a company not to have emails for the deaf and hard of hearing. Is it discrimination for netflix not to have color-blind options?

Well, i happen to hear very well on the phone, but dont you have relay phones (or whatever that service where you have an phone interpreter)?

Maybe they don't have an email service because sooo many people email the company with rants/complains/questions, it would be just more convient for them to have people call. I'm sure it cost more for the company to have people on the side for email services vs. phone services.

How says its discrimination for a company not to have emails for the deaf and hard of hearing. Is it discrimination for netflix not to have color-blind options?

If you not DEAF or Hard of Hearing, you wouldn't understand. ;)
why are you even posting here?
Blind and Deaf people have special rights and email & caption is one of them.

I will repeat, there is no excuse for not having email. Most all companies have them now. The ones that don't want to be bothered don't and they WILL lose some business because of that.

I never join up member of Netflix. i almost watched torrent movies in addition of subtitle (SRT). No problem :giggle:
What do you mean "almost"? "Almost" means you were going to watch movie torrents but you didn't actually watch them. Maybe you meant "always", didn't you?

BTW, I always watch 1080p movie torrents with subtitles via XBMC. I joined Netflix for a free 30-days trial to get an idea and then cancelled it before the offer expired. In other words, I didn't pay anything for it.

If you not DEAF or Hard of Hearing, you wouldn't understand. ;)
why are you even posting here?
Blind and Deaf people have special rights and email & caption is one of them.

I will repeat, there is no excuse for not having email. Most all companies have them now. The ones that don't want to be bothered don't and they WILL lose some business because of that.
Whoa, wait a minute...Netflix discriminates against us because they have no email address??? That's ridiculous! You can contact the company via VRS, I see no harm in that.

Lol, I am deaf with implants... I said to use that phone service with the interpreter. Like I said, I doubt its discrimination, they just dont want to have to hire employees to take take of the email situation as phone calls are usually more successful, not to mention, much quicker. Its all to save the company money.

Never heard of emailing as a "special rights". And honestly, I know netflix does care about subtitling as even hearing people like it sometimes, they arent going to lose business over it. Only reason why they would lose business is if they were sued, have a horrid bussiness plans, or some other business has a better idea/way of selling/renting movies to people.

What do you mean "almost"? "Almost" means you were going to watch movie torrents but you didn't actually watch them. Maybe you meant "always", didn't you?

BTW, I always watch 1080p movie torrents with subtitles via XBMC. I joined Netflix for a free 30-days trial to get an idea and then cancelled it before the offer expired. In other words, I didn't pay anything for it.

I also joined about a year ago and didnt find it anything special so I just cancelled within 4 days of membership. I only had 2 weeks trail but still same situation.

Well, I feel that in this day and age when a company doesn't have email, either they're behind the times, or don't care about their customers.

Maybe I'm the only deaf person that feels that way?

As it is at last count, 15 of my relatives and 17 of my friends have quit netflix at my request. They all called netflix and told them why too. Now if enough people did this, something would get done.

Enough said on this as no one seems to care here. I'm outta here...

Hi there,

I came across your post which grabbed my attention because I did a group presentation on captioned films and tv shows. There was an article that we found about the whole issue of Netflix not having captions because it is a violation against the Deaf community. I am posting it so you can also read it...or maybe you already have read it!

Anyway here it is- Netflix sued by deaf groups over instant streaming captions - Technolog on msnbc.com

There are some movies that have captioning but not all so I agree that it is a major issue for the Deaf community. Although I can hear and do not need hearing aids, I do have problems in my right ear so I am HoH and I think that it is not fair to deaf people and HoH people to only get half of what they deserve.

Hi there,

I came across your post which grabbed my attention because I did a group presentation on captioned films and tv shows. There was an article that we found about the whole issue of Netflix not having captions because it is a violation against the Deaf community. I am posting it so you can also read it...or maybe you already have read it!

Anyway here it is- Netflix sued by deaf groups over instant streaming captions - Technolog on msnbc.com

There are some movies that have captioning but not all so I agree that it is a major issue for the Deaf community. Although I can hear and do not need hearing aids, I do have problems in my right ear so I am HoH and I think that it is not fair to deaf people and HoH people to only get half of what they deserve.

Now THIS is more like what I was after, not all the flack I got from some deaf folks no less.
...and WELL said.

Looks like this was done almost a year ago... any results yet?

Now THIS is more like what I was after, not all the flack I got from some deaf folks no less.
...and WELL said.

Looks like this was done almost a year ago... any results yet?
The result is that the FCC requires ALL online videos including streaming movies/TV shows to be captioned starting in 2014. Netflix doesn't violate a law which is not effective yet. As for now, we lose but we will win in 2014. Deaf Power!

The result is that the FCC requires ALL online videos including streaming movies/TV shows to be captioned starting in 2014. Netflix doesn't violate a law which is not effective yet. As for now, we lose but we will win in 2014. Deaf Power!
Thanks for the heads up. The way time flies anymore, 2014 will be here before you know it...

As you all know by now by several threads here, Netflix SUCKS!
They think they have enough customers so they don't need to cater to the deaf or old folks who need caption for streaming movies.
Netflix also doesn't want to be bothered by email.
This is discrimination and needs to STOP!!!

First have a hearing friend call netflix and tell them they are being boycotted and why.

Second Have ALL your family & friends boycott Netflix!

Third, use either Blockbuster which has DVD-by-mail and great service.
(Netflix forces you to buy streaming first, then add DVD by mail.)

Hulu has caption streaming movies. However nowhere as many as netflix by a long shot, but better than nothing. Their TV series is pretty good too.
I emailed them yesterday about caption and guess what?
They actually answered the email within a few hours and here is what they had to say:

Hi Jack,

Thanks for writing in! We definitely want to bring closed captioning to all the devices supported by Hulu Plus. We're working hard on ensuring that the caption experience on each device is optimal and accurate and that captions play correctly and in sync with the video.

For your Samsung Blu-ray, in order to get the captions, follow these instructions:

1. Play a closed-captioned video
2. Press the down arrow on your remote until you see green brackets highlight the "Browse" option
3. Press the right arrow until the "CC" option is highlighted
4. Press the Enter key (the button in the center of the arrows) to toggle between "Off" and "On"

We will be updating our applications across all platforms and devices regularly to add new functionality, and we will update you as soon as we have more news to share. Thanks for your patience!

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Happy viewing!

Thanks,
Max S.
Hulu Support

I told two of my neighbors about Netflix having no CC but they did use it. They could care less that it has no CC .

I told two of my neighbors about Netflix having no CC but they did use it. They could care less that it has no CC .
Of course, they want to keep it no matter what you say. They might think you are crazy for telling them to cancel it because you are not happy with Netflix. Leave hearing members alone, otherwise they will think you are crazy.

Neighbors like that would NOT be my friends... sorry.
Ok, that's your business. I can imagine when those neighbors say hi to you and you don't say it back, they would think WTF is wrong with you, just because you are mad that they didn't cancel Netflix the way you want. But again, that's your business.

Of course, they want to keep it no matter what you say. They might think you are crazy for telling them to cancel it because you are not happy with Netflix. Leave hearing members alone, otherwise they will think you are crazy.

I did not tell them to cancel netflix , it's just that they're not are HOH or deaf and can't relate to what it like not being able to hear so good. My own famliy can't relate to it either .

I do not take this personally , so if you have friends that rent any movies that have no CC you'll no longer like them??? Wow , that is really narrow minded thinking! I have a friend that I known all my life and she does want CC to be on movies at the theaters , I am not going stop being friend her!

If I need help from one of those neighbors one day and I am not talking to them it will be really awkward asking for help! I like to keep on the good sides of my
neighbors you just never know when you'll need a favor from them!

You're taking your deaf pride way too far IMO .

If I need help from one of those neighbors one day and I am not talking to them it will be really awkward asking for help! I like to keep on the good sides of my
neighbors you just never know when you'll need a favor from them!

You're taking your deaf pride way too far IMO .

Nope, don't need people like that for friends. I would remain nice, "hi" "bye" "wave"... but that's it.
I have plenty of other friends to count on... sorry.

Has nothing to do with pride.

Back